Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 ... 580

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 122648 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #7350 on: February 01, 2024, 01:42:16 PM »

Bamboob is gullible to the point that I don't read any of his I Saw This on YouTube stuff anymore.  I get that he is sincere and not trolling, but that Tube Rant is just a timewaster.

Meanwhile we all have to watch Taylor Swift and her secret government mission.  I like a description given to the recent crop of conspiracy theorists as Not-Too-Swifties.

What I saw in those two vidoes was real.
Real American long term sheriffs, in real American sheriff uniforms, ...older American men, who I believe are genuine.

You don't have to worry about my mentioning the border again...a Texas sheriff explained it all very clearly in a video I watched last night.
He's the Sheriff in Alpine county Texas.
 He said:

Para:
"Our country has a thirst for cheap labor, and a thirst for the drugs being smuggled in.
If we didn't have jobs for them, they wouldn't be coming in.
If we didn't want to use the drugs the cartels are selling, they wouldn't be selling them.
We don't want a wall here, it would be on the American side of the river, would stop access to it by Americans, and businesses here involved in water sports on the river would go broke".

Simply explained by him.
How it is.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2024, 01:44:39 PM by bambu. »
Comparison is the thief of joy.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7351 on: February 01, 2024, 03:45:43 PM »

Republicans, like the Tories in England, deliberately choked off immigration courts and personnel at borders to build a crisis that appealed to xenophobia they could exploit. The only folks who are capable of improving the situation at either border are the Democrats and Labour. The only hope we have that they will succeed in enacting all around beneficial border policies is to drive the republicans and the Tories from their most important seats of power.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7352 on: February 01, 2024, 03:55:40 PM »

Bamboob is gullible to the point that I don't read any of his I Saw This on YouTube stuff anymore.  I get that he is sincere and not trolling, but that Tube Rant is just a timewaster.

Meanwhile we all have to watch Taylor Swift and her secret government mission.  I like a description given to the recent crop of conspiracy theorists as Not-Too-Swifties.

Real American long term sheriffs, in real American sheriff uniforms, ...older American men, who I believe are genuine.

No doubt they are real sheriffs.  That was not my problem with the videos, but rather that not everything they say is an impartial rendering of the facts.  Your last clip there did contain some true statements, e.g. America does like the cheap labor and plentiful drugs.  And yes there are manifold reasons for not building a wall.  But some of the inferences you and the sheriffs make are distortions of the facts on the ground.  For example, the Arizona 1070 law,  or that cartels run the Border Patrol, or that Biden policies intend to make a porous border. 

Solid facts have historical context.  They reveal causes and effects. That's why we can't get them from angry people with a chip on their shoulders.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7353 on: February 01, 2024, 04:38:36 PM »

You don't have to worry about my mentioning the border again...a Texas sheriff explained it all very clearly in a video I watched last night.
 He said:

Para:
"Our country has a thirst for cheap labor, and a thirst for the drugs being smuggled in.
If we didn't want to use the drugs the cartels are selling, they wouldn't be selling them.
We don't want a wall here, it would be on the American side of the river, would stop access to it by Americans, and businesses here involved in water sports on the river would go broke".

Simply explained by him.
How it is.
Why am I not surprised you bow to the bona fides and assumed credibility of old white guys?
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7354 on: February 01, 2024, 05:14:17 PM »

With the haters of Taylor Swift, they are just jealous, they need to realize that and then stop being jealous.

My Father was jealous of Elvis.

For me, I was jealous of Johnny Depp, I did not like his television show or his movies, but then I realized it was just jealousy and that I needed to get over it. My Mother is a huge fan of Johnny Depp and I had to get over my jealousy so that I could watch "Pirates of the Caribbean" with my Mother, etc. And I have friends who love the movie "Blow" and other stuff that Johnny Depp made. Now I realize that I was just jealous, and I can enjoy watching a Johnny Depp movie, I got over the jealousy.

Once we realize that we are just being jealous, then we can tell ourselves to stop being jealous, and then we can get over it.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2024, 05:21:26 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7355 on: February 01, 2024, 05:47:23 PM »

Jealousy sucks, it is not a healthy way to be.

Cain killed Abel because he was jealous because God loved Abel.

And then in "The Count of Monte Cristo" which is fiction, but the story is about real human behavior, and it is about the horrible things that bad people will do because of jealousy. Edmond Dantes was young and handsome and he was about to marry a beautiful woman, and he was to be made captain of a wealthy ship; so the bad guys became jealous and ruined his life.

With "Othello" by Shakespeare, Iago ruins the lives of Othello and Desdemona all because of jealousy.

I hate it when people get jealous and say things like "He is not as great as he thinks he is." Or "He needs to be taken down a notch because he is too uppity." People get jealous and they want to see people punished for being too smart, or too beautiful, or too talented, etc, and it all sucks.

When I catch myself being jealous of people, then I spot it, and I can try to control it, like I did with Johnny Depp, I can enjoy his movies with my Mother and there is no jealousy anymore, we can control our jealousy once we spot it and tell ourselves to stop being jealous.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7356 on: February 01, 2024, 06:08:48 PM »

He said:

Para:

Simply explained by him.
How it is.
Why am I not surprised you bow to the bona fides and assumed credibility of old white guys?

The Arizona Sheriff showed the reporter/camera the fence up close. Every pillar looked the same, until you looked closely and he showed where a plate had been welded over the cut made by the cartels.

The Texas sheriff took the Reporter out into the very hot desert and showed him the border crossing centre on the highway, it was closed...cone's on the roadway. Said it's often closed, "not enough people to operate it."
Next he took the reporter to the river. They looked down on the river from the bank.
Sheriff said that as a child he used to jump into the river from where they were standing.
Reporter remarked that there wasn't much water in the river, Sheriff said  "in severe drought."

US population, not all but many, do have a thirst for cheap labor and illicit drugs, don't they?

What parts of the sheriffs' words do you not believe?

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7357 on: February 01, 2024, 06:36:09 PM »

No doubt they are real sheriffs.  That was not my problem with the videos, but rather that not everything they say is an impartial rendering of the facts.  Your last clip there did contain some true statements, e.g. America does like the cheap labor and plentiful drugs.  And yes there are manifold reasons for not building a wall.  But some of the inferences you and the sheriffs make are distortions of the facts on the ground.  For example, the Arizona 1070 law,  or that cartels run the Border Patrol, or that Biden policies intend to make a porous border. 

Solid facts have historical context.  They reveal causes and effects. That's why we can't get them from angry people with a chip on their shoulders.

No.
The cartels are not running the border patrol, the cartels are outsmarting the border patrols, who seem understaffed.
Cartels smuggle the people over the border, the border patrol then detain them and transport them somewhere for processing.
The cartels are running immigration that way.
They have radios hidden in the rocks, they have eyes and ears everywhere.

In the places where there a giant gaps in the fence the cartels simply drive the asylum seekers up to the gaps, they walk thru onto American soil and ring 911.

Texas sheriff said that the cartels pay for dental.for the children of families near the border.
Dental, food, schooling, do everything for the families.
In return they ask the families to "tell us if you see anything, know anything".

Sheriff said the cartels know their every move.

When you've got some spare time, I recommend you watch those 2 videos in particular.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2024, 06:41:53 PM by bambu. »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7358 on: February 01, 2024, 09:02:28 PM »

There is a movie named "Harrison Bergeron" where they stop envy by banning greatness and they reduce the planet to a world of mediocrity, it is a great movie.

Instead of banning greatness, we need to teach the children how to deal with feelings of envy. We can have guys like Mister Rogers teach the children how to deal with feelings of envy. We need to teach the children in 1st Grade how to deal with feelings of envy in a healthy way.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7359 on: February 02, 2024, 10:37:03 AM »

Blackbirds used to be white, and arrogant AF.  Italian version of the groundhog day concept. 

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20240201-groundhog-days-european-creature-parallels-and-the-surprising-3000-year-old-origin-of-an-american-tradition

Happy Candlemas!
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #7360 on: February 02, 2024, 11:07:46 AM »

There are times when television really fails to capture the true excitement of a large squirrel predicting the weather.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7361 on: February 02, 2024, 05:14:19 PM »

The only Denny's Restaurant in Oakland has closed, as has their only In N Out Burger, all of the businesses are closing in Oakland, as Oakland becomes a wasteland of homeless people and drug addicts.

All of the businesses are closing and are leaving Oakland. The streets of Oakland are full of homeless people and drug addicts and criminals. And people are complaining about the Mexicans? The Americans here in Oakland are fucked up people. Maybe the Mexicans and the Chinese can save Oakland. We can give Business Loans to the Mexicans and to the Chinese to open businesses in Oakland, including Cheap Hostels where the homeless can shower and where they can sleep in a bed, and also they can open Sober Living Homes where the homeless can live for $450 per month, etc. The Mexicans and Chinese can also open new restaurants, and new retail stores, etc, in Oakland.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7362 on: February 02, 2024, 05:18:35 PM »

On Youtube now; [y'all know that I'm not the only one watching this video...501,836 views 6 hrs ago...5,867 comments.

Probably best Biden supporters don't read the comments;

Unbridled praise for Abbott and DeSantis and the other 25 states supporting them....for 'taking our country back', 'take back our Texas and our country', 'thank you 25 other states support of Texas', 'states should stop paying taxes to the federal govt', 'God bless you'.
Folk from NY, Colorado, Washington, Chicago, etc heaping praise.
'California here. I don't expect my state to do anything useful, but I still support Abbott.'

The video of the feds pulling back the wire and letting the illegals pour thru ...won't do Joe any good, methinks.

The Truck convoy is making plenty of noise. The folk in it are going to the border to pray. Ah yes, 'the power of prayer'.

Joe's ...

. Terminate Remain-in-Mexico
. Reinstate 'Catch and Release'
. End Title 42
. End Border Wall Construction

...chickens are coming home to roost.

Youtube video;

It Begins...States Unite - More Troops to Texas, Abbott Thanks Governors, Biden Vs Texas Migrant Crisis

« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 05:25:34 PM by bambu. »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #7363 on: February 02, 2024, 05:41:12 PM »

On Youtube now; [y'all know that I'm not the only one watching this video...501,836 views 6 hrs ago...5,867 comments.

Unbridled praise for Abbott and DeSantis and the other 25 states supporting them....for 'taking our country back', 'take back our Texas and our country', 'thank you 25 other states support of Texas', 'states should stop paying taxes to the federal govt', 'God bless you'.
'California here. I don't expect my state to do anything useful, but I still support Abbott.'

The video of the feds pulling back the wire and letting the illegals pour thru ...won't do Joe any good, methinks.

The Truck convoy is making plenty of noise. The folk in it are going to the border to pray. Ah yes, 'the power of prayer'.

Joe's ...

. End Title 42

Youtube video;

It Begins...States Unite - More Troops to Texas, Abbott Thanks Governors, Biden Vs Texas Migrant Crisis
You would read and rely on Youtube comments.

The only noise that convoy is making is the death rattle of failure. Their 700,000 protestors projection is short by about 699,900 people.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7364 on: February 02, 2024, 05:49:31 PM »

Joe's ...

. End Title 42

Youtube video;

You would read and rely on Youtube comments.

The only noise that convoy is making is the death rattle of failure. Their 700,000 protestors projection is short by about 699,900 people.

LOL
They are making a noise though, by being on tv.
Well-meaning folk, patriots to the heart.

The comments are by real people, writing real words on their computers.
Most of them don't seem to be in love with Joe's ideas and actions.
Spring looms large, the 'illegal migrant peak season', allegedly.
Interesting times ahead...with the election only a 'few' short months away.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 05:57:42 PM by bambu. »
Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 ... 580