Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 580

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 122736 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #7770 on: February 29, 2024, 12:17:33 AM »

Disney is going to buy a couple of streets from the City of Anaheim for forty million dollars. Anaheim is a rich city. Plus the Citizens of Anaheim own the Electric Company and we sell electricity to Disneyland, and we own the Parking for Disneyland, and we own Angel Stadium, and we own the Honda Center, etc. Walt Disney and Gene Autry wanted to make sure that Anaheim was wealthy and that the Citizens of Anaheim are well taken care of. We have a lot of blessings here in Anaheim thanks to Walt and Gene.

Bambu, I saw on the television news that there was a naked lady at Venice Beach with a board with a nail in it attacking another woman, it reminded me of what you said about a board with a nail in it as a weapon. Venice Beach is full of homeless and mentally ill people right now, which is hard for them because a lot of people there depend on the Tourism for their incomes, if there are mentally ill homeless people all over then it scares away the tourists. Venice, California, needs to be more like Rome, Italy, and they need cheap hostels, and sober living homes, to get the homeless off of the street and into beds. I hope they helped the naked lady, poor lady, she needs help.

Salute,

Tony V.

Called a 'nail rod'. Mine, hand crafted by me, was like a hammer handle, with nails sticking out the bottom about 1/2 inch, for half of it.
I was a nice, quiet, polite, well-mannered, God-fearing, church going, Christian boy.
I asked the bully politely to stop hitting me on my thin-boy collar bone with his heavy glass rule.
He just laughed.
I tried everything, kept asking him to stop. He just kept laughing.
So I had to resort to violence.
He never hit me again.

My NRL footy team players toured Venice beach area the other day.

They've been based in LA preparing for the big game in Vegas on Saturday.
The team/Club...you might say 'franchise', has been fortunate enough to be granted access to the top shelf training facilities at UCLA.
My Club CEO;

"This training partnership with UCLA is a testament to the Club's dedication to achieving the highest standards both on and off the field," said .......s CEO, Joe Kelly.
"We are incredibly grateful to UCLA for granting us access to their world class facilities".
Comparison is the thief of joy.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7771 on: February 29, 2024, 02:32:50 AM »

I just read that the highest paid ethnic group in the USA are the people from India who earn $110,000 on average. The White people averaged $55,000 on average. The Black people are way down at $35,000 on average.

And in other news, Kentucky is going to give all of the teachers a raise in pay.

A personal observation pertaining the Black people, is that the economy is improving in Black areas, including in Atlanta, and in Compton and in Inglewood, etc, thanks to Entertainment, and Sports, etc, and lots of investments.

The great equalizer is education.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7772 on: February 29, 2024, 02:37:18 AM »

UCLA is in a beautiful area, by Bel Air, by where Jimmy Stewart lived, I am glad that the Rugby Team is being treated well by UCLA.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7773 on: February 29, 2024, 04:25:32 AM »

My SkyNews scroll thru just now:

"ASIO: Islamist terror threat on the rise".

Charming.
There are ways to almost eliminate the threat, but they likely wouldn't be palatable to the Left/Far Left govt.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7774 on: February 29, 2024, 07:08:38 AM »

He likes dirty deeds and he likes them done in the dark. It is part of the same disgusting Australian temperament that pretends to be slightly more daft and obtuse than it actually is so it can show off by its lights slyly the dark directions of its particular appetites.

Meeting at midnight in barns will be more necessary in the not too far distant future for many people.
Slyly will be 'king'...no lights/torches/full moons, lest said people be discovered.
You ought to know not to stand by the window. Somebody see you up there.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7775 on: February 29, 2024, 12:24:36 PM »

Nice.

That is such a great song
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #7776 on: February 29, 2024, 12:26:39 PM »

I saw the re-release of "Stop Making Sense" on a big screen a couple of months ago.  So great....
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7777 on: February 29, 2024, 01:07:19 PM »

I saw the re-release of "Stop Making Sense" on a big screen a couple of months ago.  So great....
Cedar-Lee Theater, dollar Mondays, 1984. With the arguable exception of Blood Simple the next year, maybe the best $1.00 I ever spent.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7778 on: February 29, 2024, 04:08:15 PM »

Never seemed them live but they have moved from my headphones to my playlists and have been with me most of my life.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7779 on: February 29, 2024, 04:42:52 PM »

He likes dirty deeds and he likes them done in the dark. It is part of the same disgusting Australian temperament that pretends to be slightly more daft and obtuse than it actually is so it can show off by its lights slyly the dark directions of its particular appetites.

Meeting at midnight in barns will be more necessary in the not too far distant future for many people.
Slyly will be 'king'...no lights/torches/full moons, lest said people be discovered.
You ought to know not to stand by the window. Somebody see you up there.

All my home windows are covered by shutters or curtains, in daylight no one can see inside.
At night no one can see inside.
Unlike homes and apartments in America, if the movies are anything to go by.
Same in my world.
Lights on, curtains/blinds open, all the "Ming dynasty treasures" on display for the whole world to see. Not to mention the residents including children and wives.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7780 on: February 29, 2024, 05:27:08 PM »

All my home windows are covered by shutters or curtains, in daylight no one can see inside.

Would fucking lose my mind.  Sounds claustrophobic, with the added grimness of turning one's house into a funeral parlor.  Also, on what planet is the refractive index of glass such that pedestrians can see into the interior of a house during daylight??

At night, I don't care if someone passes the kitchen and sees me making dinner.  What do you think happens?  Dear God, that man is rinsing a saucepan!  Oh sweet Jesus now he's refilling a kettle!  The depravity! 

And then I'm in the living room and all those voyeurs are rapt as I quietly turn the pages of a paperback or converse with my sigboth.  The violation! 

« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 05:29:36 PM by Oilcan »
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7781 on: February 29, 2024, 06:40:26 PM »

Would fucking lose my mind.  Sounds claustrophobic, with the added grimness of turning one's house into a funeral parlor.  Also, on what planet is the refractive index of glass such that pedestrians can see into the interior of a house during daylight??

At night, I don't care if someone passes the kitchen and sees me making dinner.  What do you think happens?  Dear God, that man is rinsing a saucepan!  Oh sweet Jesus now he's refilling a kettle!  The depravity! 

And then I'm in the living room and all those voyeurs are rapt as I quietly turn the pages of a paperback or converse with my sigboth.  The violation!

Not voyeurs, think violent home invaders...and non-violent home invading robbers, until cornered then they become violent.

In daylight, the 'crim-safe' black metal gauze 'flyscreens' allow the [internal]shutters to be open to allow viewing of outside and light to enter. All anyone outside sees is black.
Sheer curtains in daylight, heavy curtains after dark.

You never know who's watching, waiting, planning to do evil.

Serial killer BTK came calling in daylight hours.
Very personable, a pastor. Sweet talked his way to torture and murder...worst depravity some had ever 'seen'.
One lady was home alone, playing the piano...sadly she became a victim.

'Always wear a gun ready to fire at a moment's notice'.
'Never open the door to strangers'.
"Never go outside to disturbances, a pilot did that, was bashed and never flew again.'
'Never get out of the car', in road rages.

"Never go running alone, especially if you're a woman, young or older...bad people are lurking, another woman in bambuworld has gone missing, 50+, went running alone one Sunday morning at 7am recently, in a forest.

It's all good advice.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 06:11:35 AM by bambu. »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7782 on: February 29, 2024, 07:22:48 PM »

Not voyeurs, think violent home invaders...and non-violent home invading robbers, until cornered then they become violent.

In daylight, the 'crim-safe' black metal gauze 'flyscreens' allow the [internal]shutters to be open to allow viewing of outside and light to enter. All anyone outside sees is black.
Sheer curtains in daylight, heavy curtains after dark.

You never know who's watching, waiting, planning to do evil.

Serial killer BTK came calling in daylight hours.
Very personable, a pastor. Sweet talked his way to torture and murder...worst depravity some had every 'seen'.
One lady was home alone, playing the piano...sadly she became a victim.

'Always wear a gun ready to fire at a moment's notice'.
'Never open the door to strangers'.
"Never go outside to disturbances, a pilot did that, was bashed and never flew again.'
'Never get out of the car', in road rages.

"Never go running alone, especially if you're a woman, young or older...bad people are lurking, another woman in bambuworld has gone missing, 50+, went running alone one Sunday morning at 7am recently, in a forest.

It's all good advice.

When I lived in Malibu we lived in a gated community, one had to go through two security gates to get to our house, and there were cameras at the gates, plus we had spot lights with motion detectors on the property, and we had 2 big dogs, etc. Plus, Malibu is safe with very low crime. And we had the Daughter of a Chinese General living with us, that is how safe it was.

Some places are safe. Malibu is safe. Rome, Italy, is safe. I bet Greece is safe. And I bet Australia is very safe. Cannes, France, is safe. Monte Carlo is safe. Some places are safe.

We did not even bother to lock the doors of our home in Malibu. The owner lived there for 20 years and she never locked the doors. 

But in Saint Louis, Missouri, you need a gun, you need to lock your doors, etc, some places are bad. I choose not to live in the bad areas. I would never live in Detroit, or Chicago, or New York, nor in Compton, Watts, Inglewood, etc, there are some places I would never live.

Battle Mountain, Nevada, is safe, but they all own guns, they are all cowboys with guns in Nevada. The cowboys keep Nevada safe.

Anaheim is nice, I have lived here for over 20 years and I have never had a problem here in Anaheim. It is not as nice as Malibu, but it is better than Compton.

The Antelope Valley was nice back when we were building the Space Shuttles, etc, it was nice like Palm Springs, but then it turned into a ghetto as the people on welfare from Los Angeles all moved to the Antelope Valley. I would not live in the Antelope Valley now, I would rather live in Anaheim, but my Mother loves the Antelope Valley and she will spend the rest of her life there, and her husband owns a gun, plus they have a home alarm system and cameras, etc.

Anyhow, it is best to try to live in a safe area where one does not need to be afraid and on guard all of the time. If you can have nice Christian neighbors, and live in a good neighborhood, then that is preferable to living in fear. I would never live in a high crime area.

Though if one becomes rich and famous like Steven Spielberg then one needs body guards, and all of that, you need security if you become rich and famous. And they have 24 hour security at the Empire West Condominiums, etc, the stars all have security guards. And Latigo Beach in Malibu has 24 hour security, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 07:32:03 PM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7783 on: February 29, 2024, 08:50:10 PM »

Just walked psst my tv...on screen was:

"GA.
Mayor heckled for lying about Sanctuary City."

"Politicians  using loopholes to protect migrants"
« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 06:12:19 AM by bambu. »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7784 on: February 29, 2024, 09:59:36 PM »

Just walked psst my tv...on screen was:

"GA.
Mayor heckled for llying about Sanctuary City."

"Politicians  using loopholes to protect migrants"

Dr Charles Stanley had his Church, In Touch Ministries, in Atlanta, Georgia. He passed on, but he was a great preacher.

I am sure there are a lot of good Christian people in Georgia, and I am sure it is a good place for the refugees. The weather is good in Georgia too. And Georgia is cheaper than many other states. And the refugees can pick peaches in Georgia, etc.

The whole United States is a sanctuary nation, send us your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breath free. And Georgia seems safer than Chicago, New York, Detroit, Saint Louis, etc.

The refugees need to do their homework before they come to the United States, and they need to find out where the jobs are, and they need to find out which areas are the safest.

We also have the United Farm Workers union, etc, to help the refugees to be able to earn a living and to be safe.

We need to make our immigrants legal like Reagan did so that they can be protected by our laws, we need to bring them out of the shadows so they can call the police in the case of an emergency, and so they can join labor unions, and so they can be protected by our laws.

And Mexico is going to be nice, lots of money is being invested in Mexico, and the Mexicans are extremely hard workers, Mexico will be paradise in 20 years, they are building new high speed trains, and new resorts, and new airports, and they are investing in their ports, etc, Mexico is going to be nice in 20 years.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 580