Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 534 535 [536] 537 538 ... 558

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 117375 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #8025 on: March 29, 2024, 10:45:46 AM »

For someone who could not find Baltimore on a map until last week, Bambu sure has steadfast and certain opinions about the city.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 10:52:21 AM by Yankguy1 »
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #8026 on: March 29, 2024, 11:29:28 AM »

This is how it is done.

Racists consistently set up Black institutions to fail then say the institutions are at fault are failing.

Democrats continually point to decades of historic underfunding of TSU, the only public HBCU in the state, arguing TSU has not been set up for success in stark contrast to other public universities with historically white student bodies. Recent data from the Department of Education and the Department of Agriculture calculated Tennessee underfunded TSU at a whopping $2.1 billion over the last 30 years, the largest amount of any state.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/politics/2024/03/28/republican-lawmakers-vacate-full-tennessee-state-university-board/73124246007/

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8027 on: March 29, 2024, 11:33:27 AM »

For someone who could not find Baltimore on a map until last week, Bambu sure has steadfast and certain opinions about the city.
bambu has steadfast and certain opinions about a whole other of things he knows nothing about.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #8028 on: March 29, 2024, 11:54:03 AM »

bambu has steadfast and certain opinions about a whole other of things he knows nothing about.

bambu and luee enjoy the same predilection for being often wrong but never in doubt.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8029 on: March 29, 2024, 12:13:10 PM »

Which he's happy to change if shown good reason to do so. 🙂
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 12:40:05 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #8030 on: March 29, 2024, 12:18:39 PM »

Come visit!
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8031 on: March 29, 2024, 01:41:08 PM »

Come visit!

Too costly.
Too hard.
Travelling today is a rich young person's game.
Go woke, go broke.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #8032 on: March 29, 2024, 01:47:06 PM »

Fair enough.  Then maybe you should concede you know nothing about Baltimore, just as I concede I know nothing about where you live.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8033 on: March 29, 2024, 02:45:19 PM »

But I do know plenty about Baltimore.
I walked thru the drug slums, read about the city's problems, saw its bridge collapse, heard about its generational racism from one of the guys in the drug slum video, ...how some people there "have nothing, and nothing to lose."
Larry informed about the needed train line.
I remember now about all the Baltimore riots.
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8034 on: March 29, 2024, 02:48:25 PM »

I walked thru the drug slums, read about the city's problems, saw its bridge collapse, heard about its generational racism from one of the guys in the drug slum video, ...how some people there "have nothing, and nothing to lose."
No, you do not. You watched a fucking YouTube video, and you are incapable of discernment.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #8035 on: March 29, 2024, 02:53:58 PM »

You think that's "plenty."  You're really not too bright, are you? 

I'll be happy to show you around when you visit.  Otherwise, be quiet about your alleged knowledge.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 02:59:25 PM by Yankguy1 »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8036 on: March 29, 2024, 04:22:17 PM »

On the issue of creating opportunities for the youth from Boy's Town, and from Homeboy Industries, there are people who will spend money to help animals who would never spend money to help poor and disadvantaged youth, thus if the youth take care of the animals then people will give money to the youth for taking care of the animals. The youth can learn how to wash dogs, and how to groom dogs, and how to help to take care of the strays at the animal shelters, etc, and the youth can earn honest money by working with animals.

And people will donate money to take care of an endangered species, etc, and the disadvantaged youth can learn how to take care of the endangered species, etc. I had a job for free rent in Topanga for taking care of some rare cats that were an endangered species. And I grew up washing dogs, and later I managed a dog kennel for 6 years. The disadvantaged youth can survive by taking care of animals.

In Africa to help starving tribes the disadvantaged Africans can be paid to watch over the animals, they can be paid to protect the zebras and elephants and giraffes, etc. They can pay the Africans to protect the animals.

Also, there are farm jobs taking care of animals, cows, pigs, chickens, etc, and the youth can learn to raise farm animals, etc.

People will pay you to take care of some rare cats, even though they would not give you a sandwich if you were homeless on the sidewalk. When you help the rare cats then you are a benefit to society instead of just being a bum, in their eyes. And they can study Shakespeare while they are taking care of the rare animals, etc. Once your immediate needs of food and shelter are met, then you can aspire to higher levels on the ladder such as the arts.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8037 on: March 29, 2024, 05:26:01 PM »

You think that's "plenty."  You're really not too bright, are you? 

I'll be happy to show you around when you visit.  Otherwise, be quiet about your alleged knowledge.

What else is there to know besides what I wrote here?
It's history is well known and well explained, in articles online.
It's monuments, architecture, are on display.
That's plenty.
There's nothing else to learn.
Go woke, go broke.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #8038 on: March 29, 2024, 05:46:55 PM »

I should have stuck to my plan not to engage with you.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8039 on: March 29, 2024, 05:52:06 PM »

I should have stuck to my plan not to engage with you.

Well, what else is there to learn about Baltimore?
It's one of the largest trading ports in fhe nation.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 05:54:48 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 534 535 [536] 537 538 ... 558