Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: Television  (Read 21029 times)

oilcan

Re: Television
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2019, 10:20:39 AM »

Yeah a career drunk and mediocrity who beat his girlfriend until she miscarried is way more important than Alex Trebek, the national icon of general knowledge and mental competition! 

Very sorry to hear about the cancer.   Hope Trebek can keep working, as he's said he wants to.

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2019, 08:38:25 AM »

Ahh ..no sympathy for Jan? After all, substance abuse is a disease, too?

Or do some diseases grade out as worthy of sympathy, and others worthy of scorn?

Didn't see you as being so narrow-minded, Boyd.

Guess we learned something here?

Guess your okay with Trebek's #MeToo stance, too?

barton

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2019, 10:30:26 AM »

Seems possible that when you go around the site trolling the crap out of everyone, eventually people will be more likely to reject any opinion you offer. 

Ironic that you, who so often are notably unsympathetic to addicts and like to make comments about how it was their bad choices and they're responsible, now suddenly rise to defend an addict and abusive partner.  Not sure how Oil's ranking of a very minor talent WRT to Alex Trebek constitutes "scorn," but clearly you want to provoke by twisting his words.  Which is the definition of troll. 

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2019, 02:02:08 PM »

Another of the cabal joins in. Amazing how none of you pussies ever fight your own battles.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2019, 02:16:49 PM »

Another of the cabal joins in. Amazing how none of you pussies ever fight your own battles.

Wah!!!

Everybody disagrees with me! It must be a conspiracy against me!

Wah!!!

Poor Piggy.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

oilcan

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2019, 04:17:33 PM »

Amazing how you think everything involves a battle.  I gave your insult-post the attention, and the reply, that it deserved.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
ESPN
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2019, 02:24:00 PM »

I don't like:

Sage Steele
Dianna Russini
Dan Dakich
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2019, 07:18:14 PM »

I saw a short documentary on PBS about a young lady in the Western Sahara who had her own pizza delivery company. She entered a cooking contest and she won the contest and she used the money to buy a pizza oven. She then started delivering pizzas to the refugees. She gave free pizza to a disabled man, which was very kind of her. She is successful, and she is opening her second restaurant and she is hiring all women to work for her. Her secret ingredient on her pizza is camel meat, she puts camel meat on the pizzas. Anyhow, I love PBS, and KCET, and I love the documentaries from around the world.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2019, 05:13:40 PM »

When I was studying at the Academy, I had a teacher who was on "The Young and the Restless," and I would watch her on television in the morning, and then I would see her in class in the afternoon. It was awesome.

Her name is Karen Hensel. She is great.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0378088/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

And I had another teacher who was also on "The Young and the Restless."

Betty Karlen

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1023057/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

My friend and teacher Madonna Young Magee was also on "The Young and the Restless" from what I recall.

Those are good jobs.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 05:30:34 PM by FlyingVProd »

barton

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2019, 09:34:20 AM »

Never followed this series, but this article makes me wonder if I should have a look....

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/may/13/veep-series-finale-julia-louis-dreyfus

Anyone here into Veep? 

barton

« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2019, 09:40:55 PM »

The spouse and I don't do much tube, but once in a while we prospect around for a series we can watch together.   So this fellow tells me that there's a show that is loosely based on the activities of Preet Bharara.  With Paul Giamatti.  What?  Where? I was all a-quiver and headscratching over how we could have missed it.
 "Billions" it's called.  So we're planning to have a look.  Anyone seen this? 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2019, 03:17:29 PM »

The spouse and I don't do much tube, but once in a while we prospect around for a series we can watch together.   So this fellow tells me that there's a show that is loosely based on the activities of Preet Bharara.  With Paul Giamatti.  What?  Where? I was all a-quiver and headscratching over how we could have missed it.
 "Billions" it's called.  So we're planning to have a look.  Anyone seen this?

Not I.

Enjoyed Veep, though.

Much to my surprise, I have been enjoying AMC's A Discovery of Witches.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

oilcan

« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2019, 12:06:18 PM »

barton

« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2019, 12:37:20 PM »

I saw the last five minutes of last night's Jeopardy.  Holzhauer's vanquisher was herself defeated by confusing Arlo and Woody in answering what seemed like a pretty easy question.  Now that victor can boast that he defeated the champion who took down Holzhauer.  (I realize this sort of boast could turn into an absurdly long chain of regression, in the distant future....)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2019, 07:36:50 PM »

If Tori Spelling produced a remake of "Fantasy Island," then who do you think should play Mr Rourke?

Me?

Johnny Depp?

Who?

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16