Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Theater  (Read 17826 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Theater
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2022, 01:24:47 PM »

American Academy of Dramatic Arts

17 hours

Enrico Colantoni (Class of 1985) is making his mark on the Broadway stage in the new production of Noah Haidles Birthday Candles. The musical runs at the American Airlines Theatre through May 29th. 

---------

Enrico was great in Person of Interest. I wish him the best on Broadway.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 01:27:55 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2022, 01:56:44 PM »

March 29 at 10:00 AM 

Congratulations to this years Best Actress in a Starring Role Oscar award winner, Jessica Chastain (Class of 98) for her role as Tammy Faye in The Eyes of Tammy Faye. The Academy also extends a heartfelt congrats to all of this years award winners & nominees.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2022, 03:56:44 PM »

I read that sometimes people from Netflix come to Dodge film school to teach people how to access funding from Netflix. I am sure that no one is going to give me 20 million dollars to produce my movie myself, that is the problem with making movies, it is so expensive to make a movie. I was lucky at first and Hugh Hefner was going to put up the money, but that was a long time ago and Hef is long gone. Now you have to go to companies like Netflix for money. Maybe I can sell them my movie script, and then let them take control of it. I need to go to the workshops and stuff when the people from Netflix come to the film school, the workshops are open to everyone.

And meanwhile, I want to go to the film school and have lunch, and just check the place out. I can ride my bike on a nice day, and I can have lunch at the film school.

It is a good film school, they can help people to get movies made.

I need to walk with the wise people so that I can become wise.

If I could get my script into the hands of Ariana Grande, then maybe she could help to get it made if she liked it, and we could make two hundred million dollars in the first year, but that is hard to do. I was lucky that Hugh Hefner read my script, it is impossible to get people to read your script.

Next outing is a nice bicycle ride and lunch at the film school.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2022, 02:59:04 PM »

There is an old fairly unknown play that starred Jason Robards called "A Thousand Clowns," they made a movie and it went to the Oscars in 1965. It would be a great play for the community theatres, and also it would make a good new low budget movie, it is all character driven and there is not any special effects or explosions or fights in this one. If I had my production company going I would produce it, it is a fun play about love.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059798/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2022, 03:57:59 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2022, 02:59:49 PM »

Another good movie that could be remade as a new movie with a low budget, with no fights or explosions, is "Auntie Mame." I would produce it gladly if I could.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051383/

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2022, 12:32:58 PM »

Two plays of similar ilk, though in the case of Auntie Mame you would have to decided between the Auntiie Mame stage/movie version and Mame stage/movie musical. But unlike A Thousand Clowns, Auntie Mame has a huge cast, Tony, and would take some screening.

I have a copy of the script for A Thousand Clowns. Maybe I will give a spin through it.

For anybody else who wishes to take a look:
https://archive.org/details/thousandclownsco0000gard
and the movie
https://archive.org/details/a-thousand-clowns

and
https://archive.org/details/auntiemamenewpla0000lawr
and the movie
https://archive.org/details/auntiemame1958rosalindrussell.avi/Auntie+Mame+(1958)+Rosalind+Russell-.avi.mp4

Note in the latter that Auntie Mame is the first of four Rosalind Russell movies. The third is The Mouse on the Moon, a sequel to Leonard Wibberly's classic The Mouse that Roared."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2022, 07:49:50 PM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2022, 04:01:09 PM »

23 minutes

Visiting colleges this summer? You are invited to The Academy this July for a very special Preview event on our campuses in both New York and Los Angeles!

This is a chance to experience the heart and soul of The Academy first-hand through a free acting workshop, panels with our legendary faculty and alumni, and a student-led tour of our historic campuses.

Join us in New York on Sunday, July 17th and Los Angeles on Sunday, July 31.

Spaces are limited; RSVP now at:

NY Preview: https://www.aada.edu/new-york/info-session

LA Preview: https://www.aada.edu/los-angeles/info-session/

-----------

The AADA is the best.

I hope some new young stars from Colombia will emerge with help from the AADA, and they can help to advance Colombia the way that Shakira has and the way that Sofia Vergara has. Some new young talented people from Colombia need to join the AADA.

And of course, it would be great to get a new French star like Brigitte Bardot, and some new Italian stars, and some new American stars would be cool too.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2022, 10:26:28 PM »

My hometown has the Lancaster Performing Arts Center which is a perfect spot for people to produce plays for the people of the Antelope Valley in California...

https://www.lpac.org

For people wanting to test a new play with an audience, or for traveling theatre companies, etc, etc, etc, the Lancaster Performing Arts Center is a perfect spot to perform.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2022, 03:58:19 PM »

If you want to become a producer of plays in Lancaster, there is a theatre bookstore in Hollywood, go to the Samuel French theatre bookstore on Sunset Blvd in Hollywood, and Samuel French has all of the plays and they can help you to get the rights to produce the plays. You can read the plays, and find one that you want to produce, and then the Samuel French theatre bookstore will help you to get the rights to produce the play.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2022, 03:43:11 PM »

https://apnews.com/article/italy-blackface-opera-soprano-angel-blue-pulls-out-41eadb8a3d3fd1508a5af73869cff40d

Not sure why Zeffirelli wanted to cast the opera that way, but clearly Italians of his generation did not understand how the use of blackface might be grossly offensive.

There's clearly some cultural misunderstanding here, and perhaps future productions of Zeffirelli's staging of "Aida" could simply hold auditions with actual people of African ancestry.   Hard to believe there's a shortage of black vocalists who would be qualified.
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2022, 04:15:21 PM »

It takes a village to make movies and television shows, that was what was great about the golden age of Hollywood, everyone was here, and you could make movies with your neighbors.

And Rome has Cinecitta, and Germany had the UFA.

Also of note is that during the Golden Age of Hollywood there were fewer homeless people on the streets of Hollywood, Hollywood created a lot of jobs. And back then we also had the General Motors plant in Van Nuys making cars and trucks which created a lot of jobs, etc.

There are still some places in Hollywood where you can make movies with your neighbors, such as at Empire West, but for the poor people it becomes difficult.

Our saving attribute in Hollywood is that we have great schools, and we can train the filmmakers of the future, and we can network at the schools with other artists.

Hollywood also has name recognition, and we still get a lot of tourists, so we can sell stuff to the tourists which helps the local economy. We also still have a lot of great movie studios here, at least what is left of the studios.

It takes a village to make movies, and we have great schools, and we still have some movie studios, Hollywood can still be cool, but it is sad what Hollywood has turned into, we have high crime in Hollywood with homeless people all over the streets, as the jobs continue to go to other places. The people of the United States need to show some love for Hollywood, and Hollywood needs to get its sparkle back. Even the Oscars suck now, I used to love to watch the Oscars, it was like the main event here in Hollywood, but now the Oscars suck. And the new movies are not that good, I do not want to just watch people fight for two hours. I enjoy good movies with good writing and with good acting, made by artists.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2022, 04:34:00 PM »

One bright spot in the modern entertainment industry is a new studio that Robert Redford helped to open in New Mexico for the Native American Indians, it is the first studio owned by Indigenous People, Robert Redford attended the AADA, and he has done a lot of great things.

The name of studio is Camel Rock Studios...

https://www.camelrockstudios.com/

I tried to get the San Manuel Tribe of San Bernardino to open a movie studio here in Anaheim, but they rejected my idea. Maybe eventually the San Manuel Tribe will enter the film and television industry, but when I tried to get them interested they turned down my ideas.

Of note, now the Native American Indians need acting schools, and film schools, etc, to teach them how to use their new movie studio. And of course they have Robert Redford teaching them, etc, and the Native American Indians need a village of artists to make movies at their studio.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2022, 05:03:36 PM »

When I worked for Suzanne Pleshette at Empire West, there was a guy who lived in her building named Norby Walters, and Norby used to throw a party every year for the Oscars named "Night of 100 Stars." When I was young I used to want to go to the Oscars, and then go to Norby's party after the Oscars, Norby had the best party. Norby was a cool guy, Charles Bronson used to come play poker with Norby, Norby played cards with the stars every Wednesday night.

I used to love the Oscars, and it was our special night here in Hollywood, and guys like Norby made it fun.

We need to clean Hollywood up, we need to help our homeless people, and we need to make the Oscars great again.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4