Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23

Author Topic: Giants  (Read 29107 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Giants
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2020, 01:07:20 AM »

I'm not too high on Simmons.

heh

ok

I saw him play in the title game and was duly impressed with his speed and vision but not sure what position he would play in the NFL.  Is he a linebacker? Is he a safety?  Would rather draft someone with a more certain position on defense or go with an OT at 4 if the trade down doesn't happen.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2020, 10:04:14 AM »

You could whiff on your OT pick (read:  pick a 5 year starter but a guy who isnt great for you) and see the freak athlete dominate the league in someone else's uniform

I think Simmons is gone by 4 anyway, so not sure we should quibble.  Looking like a deal down for Giants - gain an extra pick or two and get the lineman.  But should be considering other defenders and even WR as well.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Giants board
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2020, 05:03:09 PM »

I think they're probably thinking:

1. Draft Young if available
2. Draft Okudah if available
3. If Simmons is the BPA then trade down and take an OT with the new lower pick

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2020, 08:20:46 PM »

Yeah, maybe....

Have you read anything of the sort - that Giants arent in at all on Simmons?

I saw one mock where they took Isiah - and just one where Giants took Wirfs.  Others are all over the map, including trade downs and ups.

No chance I talk you into Tua?  If we put it out there as a possibility maybe that forces an Oakland or a Miami or a LAC to move up ahead of us, leaving us Young or Ekudah (most likely draft I have seen had Ekudah 2 and Young 3).

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Tua
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2020, 01:29:12 AM »

I like durable QBs.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2020, 10:41:31 AM »

And I like the current New Orleans system.  Just a thought.  There has been no indication Giants go that way.  Do you think the player would prefer this - an opportunity to be on the field right away - in wildcat situations - to sitting behind a vet on a bad team?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 10:44:08 AM by kiidcarter8 »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2020, 04:36:17 PM »

And I like the current New Orleans system.  Just a thought.  There has been no indication Giants go that way.  Do you think the player would prefer this - an opportunity to be on the field right away - in wildcat situations - to sitting behind a vet on a bad team?

You want to draft Tua with a FRP and then play him situationally?  T. Hill was not a FRP.  It would be a huge waste of a draft pick.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2020, 05:22:38 PM »

A weapon and a huge trade chip

Not sure Gettleman has the balls.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2020, 07:03:00 PM »

A weapon and a huge trade chip

Not sure Gettleman has the balls.

Also would create a QB controversy.  Not sure you wanna do that and undercut your pick from last year. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2020, 08:01:05 PM »

Nah

No way in hell

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2020, 01:11:46 PM »

I'm warming up to Wirfs. 

Young/Okudah/Wirfs are my top 3

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2020, 03:14:40 PM »

Good player - no doubt

Plays either side as well.

Gettleman just about cant blow this one  -  and why would he?  His drafts have been solid.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2020, 12:42:02 AM »

Good player - no doubt

Gettleman just about cant blow this one  -  and why would he?  His drafts have been solid.

I think his first round picks have been solid.  I don't see him as a visionary who gets value in the later rounds.  But he has gotten the broad strokes correct and you have to give him credit for that.  Only debatable gripe seems to be going for Barkley instead of Quentin Nelson.  The OL would've been better and the need for a guy like Barkley who can make solid plays (when healthy) out of nothing would not have been so great.  But at the time i wanted Barkley and it would've taken major balls to go for a OG there.  He was right in not taking a QB there.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 12:43:35 AM by Kam »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2020, 12:24:22 PM »

Good player - no doubt

I think his first round picks have been solid.  I don't see him as a visionary who gets value in the later rounds.  But he has gotten the broad strokes correct and you have to give him credit for that.  Only debatable gripe seems to be going for Barkley instead of Quentin Nelson.  The OL would've been better and the need for a guy like Barkley who can make solid plays (when healthy) out of nothing would not have been so great.  But at the time i wanted Barkley and it would've taken major balls to go for a OG there. He was right in not taking a QB there.

He was right to take BARKLEY there.  No - Saquons don't grow on trees.

It was the QB or the RB.  Dont muddy the discussion by throwing in a lineman.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2020, 05:26:12 PM »

Good player - no doubt

I think his first round picks have been solid.  I don't see him as a visionary who gets value in the later rounds.  But he has gotten the broad strokes correct and you have to give him credit for that.  Only debatable gripe seems to be going for Barkley instead of Quentin Nelson.  The OL would've been better and the need for a guy like Barkley who can make solid plays (when healthy) out of nothing would not have been so great.  But at the time i wanted Barkley and it would've taken major balls to go for a OG there. He was right in not taking a QB there.

He was right to take BARKLEY there.  No - Saquons don't grow on trees.

It was the QB or the RB.  Dont muddy the discussion by throwing in a lineman.

Not mad at the pick and happy to have dodged those QBs but its proven you don't need a Saquon to win.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23