Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all of the NFL teams make it through the whole season?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:04:36 PM

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 329

Author Topic: National Football League  (Read 165985 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL
« Reply #2100 on: July 13, 2020, 10:02:55 AM »

Redskin's no more

Name and logo to go to happy hunting ground

New name TBA.

Washington TBAs?

go figure.

I liked Redtails.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/13/sports/football/washington-redskins-new-name.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Swamp Things

Think of the merch!
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: July 13, 2020, 11:18:24 AM »

According to those who follow socisl media-RedWolves is gaining traction.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: July 13, 2020, 11:22:33 AM »

I read that the name.was already chosen, but there were.rights issues being resolved.

I am hoping for the Washington Generals.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: July 13, 2020, 11:28:53 AM »

In that vein, I posted here or elsewhere (I don't remember) that the trouble with the "Generals" is that was the name of Trump's USFL team, and fuck that guy.

However IMO the Washington Red Klottz would work in many ways.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: July 13, 2020, 11:49:33 AM »

In that vein, I posted here or elsewhere (I don't remember) that the trouble with the "Generals" is that was the name of Trump's USFL team, and fuck that guy.

However IMO the Washington Red Klottz would work in many ways.
I was going for "Incompetent at Sports Since 1952"!
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: July 13, 2020, 12:10:08 PM »

it would make for a great PR marketing logo

you should trade-mark it.

but you gotta be quick, apparently thats a new cottage industry in DC, beating Snyder to the TM office.

I remeneber cracking up as a kid when my dad told me about the DC baseball team and the saying, "1st in war, 1st in peace and last in the American league"

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: July 13, 2020, 04:08:27 PM »

There probably won't be any football at all anyways. So they
ve got another year to come up with their snappy name.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: July 13, 2020, 04:52:55 PM »

There probably won't be any football at all anyways. So they
ve got another year to come up with their snappy name.

The Washington Unrepresenteds

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: July 16, 2020, 10:23:55 AM »

Rumors of a "Redskin" FO sex/sexual harassment and worse scandal have been bubbling for about a week-supposedly its going to go public today or Friday.  Some speculate the nature of the scandal could lead to a forced sale of the team.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: July 16, 2020, 10:25:01 AM »

Washington Foreskins?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: July 16, 2020, 03:15:25 PM »

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29474652/sources-washington-team-hires-attorney-review-protocols

Washington's NFL team has hired D.C. attorney Beth Wilkinson of Wilkinson Walsh LLP to review the organization's protocols, including its culture, policies and allegations of workplace misconduct, Wilkinson confirmed in a statement on Thursday.

Wilkinson has represented the NFL in a lawsuit challenging the league's Sunday Ticket Package and has also successfully represented the NCAA and Major League Baseball in class-action suits.

While Wilkinson is expected to conduct a deep dive into the organization's past culture, team officials are highly upset and frustrated about ongoing online speculation, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Sources told Schefter that The Washington Post is preparing a story about the team that is expected to highlight the culture that existed and some of the problems that were created.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: July 16, 2020, 05:44:44 PM »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: July 16, 2020, 06:12:52 PM »

If some of rumors I heard the lsdty few days are true

Washingtom Epsteins

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: July 16, 2020, 09:07:17 PM »

Heh
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: July 16, 2020, 09:32:52 PM »

The WAPO story via the Globe

sexual harrassment and verbal abuse

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/07/16/sports/15-women-accuse-former-washington-redskins-employees-sexual-harassment-verbal-abuse/?event=event12

Applegate is one of 15 former female Redskins employees who told The Washington Post they were sexually harassed during their time at the club. The other 14 women spoke on the condition of anonymity citing a fear of litigation, as some signed nondisclosure agreements with the team that threaten legal retribution if they speak negatively about the club. The team declined a request from The Post to release former female employees from these agreements so they could speak on the record without fear of legal reprisal. This story involved interviews with more than 40 current and former employees and a review of text messages and internal company documents.

Team owner Daniel Snyder declined several requests for an interview. Over the past week, as The Post presented detailed allegations and findings to the club, three team employees accused of improper behavior abruptly departed, including Larry Michael, the club's longtime radio voice, and Alex Santos, the team's director of pro personnel.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 329