Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all of the NFL teams make it through the whole season?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:04:36 PM

Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 329

Author Topic: National Football League  (Read 166409 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: National Football League
« Reply #2820 on: December 11, 2020, 04:26:28 PM »

And kid anytime you want to provide something to back-up your Jets trade down and out from Lawrence  hot take, please do.

I don't see it.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: December 11, 2020, 06:22:23 PM »

I'll be looking for a Jets deal down
I think Lawrence is the best QB prospect since at least Luck. I also think there is a devate as to whether the Jets pick up Darnold's fifth year, let alone give him a second contract. Especially at QB you do not pass on a prospect like Lawrence because you have someone you think with the right pieces around him might be good. Yes, the Jets need a lot but the single most important and hardest piece to find is a championship level QB.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: December 11, 2020, 08:33:49 PM »

Jets dont get skewered enough for Darnold over Allen.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: December 12, 2020, 10:53:26 AM »

heh

when kid has no answer to other's rebuttals of his hot takes , which is almost always, he changes the subject

TFF

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: December 12, 2020, 04:50:33 PM »

And kid anytime you want to provide something to back-up your Jets trade down and out from Lawrence  hot take, please do.

You want me to back up that they have the opportunity to do this?

Darnold has underachieved as so many here's preferred pick to Barkley (heh).  I would think Jets will think long and hard on going with Lawrence or another QB beginning next season.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: December 12, 2020, 06:14:49 PM »

You want me to back up that they have the opportunity to do this?

Darnold has underachieved as so many here's preferred pick to Barkley (heh).  I would think Jets will think long and hard on going with Lawrence or another QB beginning next season.

if the Jets get the #1 I imagine they will be innundated with offers, and all with the goal of drafting Lawrence.

You said the Jets would trade out of the #1 and I and then Boz challenged you on it.

Lawrence seems to be as close to a face of the franchise stud QB as there has been since Luck.

and rather than support your opinion you changed the subject.

And ftr, as you likely recall, I thought Barkely at #2 for the G-Men was a mistake.

IMO they could have cashed that pick for a basket

He was a Bentley, a luxury car, for a team that had so many far more basic needs, and should have leased a Kia. 

YMMV

happy motoring

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: December 12, 2020, 10:53:01 PM »

if the Jets get the #1 I imagine they will be innundated with offers, and all with the goal of drafting Lawrence.    That's right

You said the Jets would trade out of the #1 and I and then Boz challenged you on it.       No.  Didnt say they would

Lawrence seems to be as close to a face of the franchise stud QB as there has been since Luck.      Says Whisk - who I trust, yes

and rather than support your opinion you changed the subject.      Support what opinion?  That Jets have a chance to trade down and get multiples? 

And ftr, as you likely recall, I thought Barkely at #2 for the G-Men was a mistake.    I believe you, that is how I recall it from you and others - though (in looking back) that was wiped from the forum - and later when I said Saquon would have the biggest first year impact, you were silent

IMO they could have cashed that pick for a basket    The #2?  Surely they could have had multiple picks, yes - maybe even Allen.  But pretty sure you (and the crowd) had us making the pick

He was a Bentley, a luxury car, for a team that had so many far more basic needs, and should have leased a Kia.      no comment on this flimflam

YMMV    Gesundheit

happy motoring       thanks 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: December 12, 2020, 11:14:19 PM »

With 2020 overall No. 1 pick Joe Burrow showing promise, the Bengals will use their next premium draft pick to acquire their QB protection in the form of 247Sports' top offensive tackle on its 2021 draft-preview board: Penei Sewell. Sewell opted out of the 2020 college football season.

This guy would be a great Jet.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: December 12, 2020, 11:55:14 PM »

if the Jets get the #1 I imagine they will be innundated with offers, and all with the goal of drafting Lawrence.    That's right

You said the Jets would trade out of the #1 and I and then Boz challenged you on it.       No.  Didnt say they would

Lawrence seems to be as close to a face of the franchise stud QB as there has been since Luck.      Says Whisk - who I trust, yes

and rather than support your opinion you changed the subject.      Support what opinion?  That Jets have a chance to trade down and get multiples? 

And ftr, as you likely recall, I thought Barkely at #2 for the G-Men was a mistake.    I believe you, that is how I recall it from you and others - though (in looking back) that was wiped from the forum - and later when I said Saquon would have the biggest first year impact, you were silent

IMO they could have cashed that pick for a basket    The #2?  Surely they could have had multiple picks, yes - maybe even Allen.  But pretty sure you (and the crowd) had us making the pick

He was a Bentley, a luxury car, for a team that had so many far more basic needs, and should have leased a Kia.      no comment on this flimflam

YMMV    Gesundheit

happy motoring       thanks 

LMAO

when you press kid to support his hot takes he's shits his pants and spews bullshit

a shit fountain

SSDD

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: December 13, 2020, 09:55:26 AM »

Pick the entire slate today, Banks.  Have some fun.

I think I am about $800 down for the year with the juice - but this doesnt factor in parlays.  Decent run the last 4 weeks
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 09:57:01 AM by kidcarter8 »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: December 13, 2020, 10:15:33 AM »

Pick the entire slate today, Banks.  Have some fun.

I think I am about $800 down for the year with the juice - but this doesnt factor in parlays.  Decent run the last 4 weeks

as I've told you a few billion times picking slates is not my thing-its a 50-50 coin flip that you pay a premium for.

its a loser's game.

and fwiw I've got you YTD at 92-96 in picks (through wk 13-doesn't include recent Pats loss)

and 1-10 in 3-team parlays

with -110, 100 betting as per you

96 losses
 9.6 10% vig

losses 105.6
wins     92

net loss 1,360 on picks

parlay loss -300

yearly loss to date -1,660

best of luck
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 10:17:50 AM by bankshot1 »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: December 13, 2020, 10:17:24 AM »

Yeah....

I will have to sum up myself when I get the time.   I thought about 96-95 was accurate...(-850), then minus 1-200 with parlays.

The 1-10 is definitely incorrect.  I passed on at least three weeks
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 10:26:55 AM by kidcarter8 »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: December 13, 2020, 10:24:51 AM »

Picking slates and coin flips definitely dissimilar.   If you did 100 100 flip simulations, the range (heads minus tails) would be greater than with picks using supplied information (trends, injuries, weather, etc). 

I will note that you not only DID begin to pick full slates in the 2018 season but looked to RUN the pool here at this site.  So any aversion now is a change off what you "liked" to do in the past, reasons unknown and likely to be unstated.

Have a nice Sunday.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: December 13, 2020, 10:30:51 AM »

As an alternative I invite you and others for the last 4 weeks of the season to give me 4 picks of mine you disagree with

This should be real easy for you to succeed at.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: December 13, 2020, 10:38:18 AM »

Yeah....

I will have to sum up myself when I get the time.   I thought about 96-95 was accurate...(-850), then minus 1-200 with parlays.

The 1-10 is definitely incorrect.  I passed on at least three weeks

I will note that even at 92-97 it's not the end of the world.  Not too bad a showing.  BEST BETS would be the best measure.  It would show the more likely +/- in actual dollars if given a bankroll.  Maybe I will add that in next year
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 329