Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all of the NFL teams make it through the whole season?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:04:36 PM

Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 329

Author Topic: National Football League  (Read 166495 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: National Football League
« Reply #3345 on: February 07, 2021, 10:13:07 PM »

GOAT7

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: February 07, 2021, 10:15:42 PM »

DEE FENSE was immense

totally crushed the the baby goat

LMAO

Try not to display your ignorance.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: February 07, 2021, 10:18:49 PM »

DEE FENSE was immense

totally crushed the the baby goat

LMAO

Try not to display your ignorance.

LMAO

Bucs dominated that game beginning to end.

KC made one play all night when they stopped the Bucs at the goal line.

Otherwise it would have been worse.

KC got fucked all night and will deliver a beautful baby goat in about 9 months

HEH

dry your tears troll.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: February 07, 2021, 10:37:21 PM »

As one of the folks in the ref beef article observed, KC returned the favor and made significant mistakes. And many of the calls were just dead on, but oddly enough, not a single Ref's call all night was correct if it wasn't on TB, to Kid and Ham.

It's amazing.

I am sure Pat Toomey would have helped the Chiefs if he were alive and played football. Alive, as he is, not so much.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: February 07, 2021, 10:39:12 PM »

Terrible game. Shows what happens when you have a decimated offensive line. Mahomes took a real beating. Officials were awful.---Mike Francesa

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: February 07, 2021, 10:40:12 PM »

As one of the folks in the ref beef article observed, KC returned the favor and made significant mistakes. And many of the calls were just dead on, but oddly enough, not a single Ref's call all night was correct if it wasn't on TB, to Kid and Ham.

It's amazing.

I am sure Pat Toomey would have helped the Chiefs if he were alive and played football. Alive, as he is, not so much.

Unlike your parents, josh, I admit my mistakes. Run along and protect little Larry.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: February 07, 2021, 10:45:08 PM »

As the penalties in the first half mounted against the Kansas City Chiefs in Super Bowl 55 the Internet, never full of conspiracy theories, ever, started the inevitable speculation that game officials wanted Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady to win.

There's no conspiracy. There's no Commissioner Roger Goodell hitting a button that connected directly to the cerebral cortex of the refs that caused them to punish the Chiefs. It was none of that. It was a normal NFL problem that's been one for years.

The inconsistency of NFL officiating is the issue. One week, such as the NFC Championship game between the Buccaneers and Packers, the officials let them basically clobber each other. It was UFC fight in that game.

Then, a week later, the rules seem to change. Things are called much tighter. This is a weekly thing in the NFL and has long been a problem. The issue just gets magnified because it's the Super Bowl.

Tampa Bay's 31-9 victory over Kansas City has numerous storylines but make no mistake, the officiating, especially in the first half, is one of the biggest because of how small the refs were.

Several key first half sequences changed the course of the game and will be discussed for years.

surprised there are so many Chief fans among the G-Men-NFC  loyalists

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/mike-freeman/2021/02/07/super-bowl-referees-officiating-terrible-but-no-conspiracy/4431555001/
I just wanted to see a good game.

But the refs destroyed that.

Examples abound.

Among the worst SBs ever.

yes

TB isnt to blame but the game should have been closer.

Agree. This game will be remembered for the refs.
By objective football fans.

LET THEM PLAY. It's all we want.

This game has a HUGE *
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 10:47:27 PM by UNO »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: February 07, 2021, 10:48:30 PM »

This game will probably be he one that gets the NFL to change the SuperBowl MVP Award to the Brady Trophy.

That is, if he ever retires.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 10:51:02 PM by bankshot1 »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: February 07, 2021, 11:02:21 PM »

It's amazing.

Unlike your parents, josh, I admit my mistakes. Run along and protect little Larry.

My parents pretty much thought I was a mistake for decades, asshole, and weren't subtle about it.

But you? You only admit some of your mistakes. Better than Kid, who admits next to none. Or Ward, who can't admit a misspelled word.

I admit mistakes, too, Ham. Your personal attacks went over the line. If you could admit that, it would be a good start.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: February 07, 2021, 11:04:15 PM »

This game will probably be he one that gets the NFL to change the SuperBowl MVP Award to the Brady Trophy.

That is, if he ever retires.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: February 07, 2021, 11:07:09 PM »

The Super Bowl 55 MVP:

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: February 07, 2021, 11:09:26 PM »

By right it is 10-6 at half

Does the game then develop a different feel after halftime?  We do not know.

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: February 07, 2021, 11:10:35 PM »

It's amazing.

My parents pretty much thought I was a mistake for decades, asshole, and weren't subtle about it.

But you? You only admit some of your mistakes. Better than Kid, who admits next to none. Or Ward, who can't admit a misspelled word.

I admit mistakes, too, Ham. Your personal attacks went over the line. If you could admit that, it would be a good start.

Uh-huh, sure, Josh.

No personal attacks, josh. Just stated facts.

Not my fault that some folks have such thin skin. (Is it okay if I say "skin", or does that make me a racist?)

Everyone knows how unevenly you pass judgement. Everyone but you.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: February 07, 2021, 11:12:47 PM »

There's that. And those terrible calls led to a lead that afforded a different game going forward. Anyone who knows football understands their impact.

We know, too, that Aaron Rodgers wants to know what PI really is.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: February 07, 2021, 11:19:40 PM »

So by right the Chief's stop at the goal line was good D, and results in no points for the Bucs, but the Chiefs poor clock management and poor D at the end of the half and the two PI flags, shouldn't count?

This game was a blow-out.

Rough break on that $5 55-1 bet.
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 329