Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all of the NFL teams make it through the whole season?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:04:36 PM

Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 329

Author Topic: National Football League  (Read 166366 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: National Football League
« Reply #3525 on: July 14, 2021, 01:30:54 PM »

“Dude, OK. So [laughing]. Yo, so, imagine like, oh man … imagine you’re working like a 9 to 5, and like, everybody’s at like a team meeting, right? And it’s almost in like a school assembly, OK? And the dude who walks in is like the CEO and he’s like an old dude who you know just plays no games. So like when he walks in, it’s dead quiet. Like … everything stops. All phones get put away. All laughter, any type of little chit-chat, done. K? Nobody plays around with Bill. I mean … nobody plays with Bill for the most part,” Marsh said. “So he walks in there and then he comes up to like a podium and he addresses the team for like 45 minutes to an hour every morning. He talks about the GM’s history, talks about the team’s history, talks about defensive, offensive coordinator’s history, the way that they used to run their defense, the way that they run their defense now, the history of all of the coaches.”

Marsh added sarcastically: “Super, super exciting to listen to him talk. Yeah.”

Marsh did say that he respects Belichick, who is “an extremely intelligent coach,” which was very nice of him to say about the six-time Super Bowl champion head coach.

However, Marsh said he much preferred the style of Pete Carroll in Seattle.

“I also came from Seattle, which is like, fun, family, we shoot hoops before every meeting and it’s a competition every day,” Marsh said. “We’re riding scooters from meeting to meeting. Super fun, family, college vibes.”

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2021/07/13/cassius-marsh-says-patriots-treat-players-like-crap-bill-belichick-boring-meetings/?fbclid=IwAR2bCf1NKvn9rs-K7U1l_ik49FKuaukhvbtSTciplkqcUncznYsQGJDBsQE
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: July 14, 2021, 02:44:10 PM »

Super fun!

Bill's been to 9 Super Bowls. Won 6, lost 3.

Pete's been to 2 Super Bowls. Won 1, lost 1.

I suspect that Marsh would have found Gibbs, Landry, and Shula pretty boring, too. And Noll, Walsh, and Parcells were all side-splitting, I'm sure.

Pete's been an NFL head coach for 15 seasons. He's made the playoffs 11 of 15 seasons. His record in the playoffs is 11-10.

I'm glad his meetings are lively. Marsh should stay there.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: July 15, 2021, 01:44:16 PM »

One more entry in Forrest's never ending series, "Blacks Behave Badly".
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: July 15, 2021, 03:15:59 PM »

One more entry in Forrest's never ending series, "Blacks Behave Badly".

One note Stevie chimes in with, as usual, nothing.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: July 15, 2021, 03:37:36 PM »

One wonders if Sherman played one game, or made one tackle, or took one hard hit to the head, too many.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: July 15, 2021, 03:53:26 PM »

TB12 the legend continues

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bucs/2021/07/15/tom-brady-led-bucs-to-super-bowl-55-win-despite-partial-mcl-tear/

TAMPA — Tom Brady led the Bucs to a Super Bowl 55 victory at age 43 during a pandemic, becoming the first quarterback to win a title in his team’s home stadium.

But the legend only grows from there.

Brady did it while playing with a partially torn medial collateral ligament in his left knee that he sustained in his final season with the Patriots.

The injury gradually worsened during his first year with the Bucs and he finally had surgery to repair the MCL in late February after winning his seventh Super Bowl ring.

Brady has declined to give specifics about his knee surgery, only confirming that it was “pretty serious.”

I'm pretty sure Red Kryptonite can slow him up, Green, as we know will kill him.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: July 15, 2021, 05:08:44 PM »

Yes, so serious it killed his golf game.

Heh

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: July 15, 2021, 06:44:51 PM »

TB12 the legend continues

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bucs/2021/07/15/tom-brady-led-bucs-to-super-bowl-55-win-despite-partial-mcl-tear/

TAMPA — Tom Brady led the Bucs to a Super Bowl 55 victory at age 43 during a pandemic, becoming the first quarterback to win a title in his team’s home stadium.

But the legend only grows from there.

Brady did it while playing with a partially torn medial collateral ligament in his left knee that he sustained in his final season with the Patriots.

Apparently it was a full tear?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10007896-tom-brady-underwent-surgery-on-torn-mcl-after-playing-entire-season-with-injury
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: July 20, 2021, 12:35:25 PM »

TB12 does stand-up at the White House

NEW: Tom Brady at the White House on the Bucs' Super Bowl run:

"Not a lot of people think that we could have won. In fact, I think about 40% of the people still don't think we won."

Biden: "I understand that."

Brady: "You understand that, Mr. President?
"

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: July 20, 2021, 06:01:02 PM »

I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

kidcarter8

• View Profile

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: July 22, 2021, 01:24:22 PM »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: July 22, 2021, 02:33:12 PM »

I agree

Saw the headline and thought Wilson was injured
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 329