Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all of the NFL teams make it through the whole season?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:04:36 PM

Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 329

Author Topic: National Football League  (Read 166373 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: National Football League
« Reply #3735 on: September 26, 2021, 11:52:23 PM »

Good camp QB

Got it

Mac will be fine in time.  I'm not talking about that.

You're an idiot.

Got it.

You are happy sacrificing wins for development

Just say so and we will be done

LMAO

You changed the subject.

But I'll play.

I'm not happy losing a game but within reason, yes. maybe one, two or a few games might be sacrificed to a QBs long-term development. Depends.

Although you've probably never climbed one successfully, I can tell you that Learning Curves are real and the process very beneficial to the climber.

But I imagine its probably very steep for a rookie QB in the NFL to climb.

But over 17 games in my opinion Mac Jones holds far superior potential than Cam Newton to win games this year.  And I expect he holds the potential to win more games (holding all else equal) than Cam Newton as he has seems to have better skills.

Again, today's loss had little to do with Mac Jones.

It just didn't.

And the first week loss to Miami was not on him but on a running back who fumbled the ball as Mac drove the Pats to a game winning score.

Cam likely does not make that drive.

The point you evaded and changed was Mac won the QB competition as decided by BB after watching the QBs compete. BB decided that Mac was the better choice, and it was an opinion shares by many observers.

I understand you had no observations and so your HOT  TAKE is close to worthless.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 12:00:06 AM by bankshot1 »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: September 26, 2021, 11:58:18 PM »

GB wins and covers.

Good week for dogs with 9 of 15 covering.

Third week in a row that dogs barked loudly.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3737 on: September 27, 2021, 12:18:19 AM »

Thats neither here nor there

If the professionals in the NFL agreed with you, he'd have been signed.

They don't.

Cam is as done as Kaepernick.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: September 27, 2021, 12:21:54 AM »

Again, todays loss had little to do with Mac Jones.

It just did't.

heh

You explained on the forum many weeks back how you would be OK with sacrificing the now - to give the job to Jones.  Implying that Newton might win more games but thats OK with you.

Bellichick may feel the same - but never say so.  I dont think he misses Cam's MUG or his act one bit - and he will have to live with the W-L consequence

My guess is also that while teammates see how talemted M Jones is, they may feel

a)  Newton would have taken them further this year
b)  Newton was screwed

Again - you wont hear this opinion from anyone except the press and some fans being fair.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: September 27, 2021, 12:23:31 AM »

If the professionals in the NFL agreed with you, hed have been signed.

Signed to do what?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: September 27, 2021, 12:45:18 AM »

My guess is also that while teammates see how talemted M Jones is, they may feel

b)  Newton was screwed

A guess and not even an informed opinion.

Cam was screwed by Cam and by time.

It's nobody's fault but his that his preseason sucked.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: September 27, 2021, 10:17:03 AM »

b)  Newton was screwed
On what evidentiary basis would they believe that? Most of them played last year too.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: September 27, 2021, 10:31:12 AM »

Kid knows things.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: September 27, 2021, 11:04:08 AM »

b)  Newton was screwed
On what evidentiary basis would they believe that? Most of them played last year too.

Kid is on solid HOT TAKE ground-it is impossible to disprove his HOT TAKE.

Even if Cam never plays another NFL game because no GM or coach thinks he's good enough, kid can maintain the HT that Cam was the better choice. He doesn't need evidence or common sense just a troll's sensibility.

And kid I told you last year, after the Cam signing, why I was not a Cam fan. And he did nothing to prove me wrong that he was a stop-gap quick fix until the next Pat's QB could be found.

As for losses, nobody likes them, but I accepted the risks that come with starting a rookie QB, as its the best way for them to learn and for coaches to assess their talent.

I'm not a coach but so far I like what I've seen so far from Mac in 3 games. I hope he survives his 4th.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: September 27, 2021, 11:13:21 AM »

You should probably spend some time reading that and then thinking about it.

A rookie QB, playing in his 3rd game, with a porous O-line and no run game, was forced to throw to receivers who couldn't get open.

How your Jones doing?

It's the same old song, just in a different uniform, but with the same last name attached.

Danny can make the throws, but only when he has time, and he ain't ever getting it. So, why should one expect Mac to be able to overcome the same kind of O-line deficit?

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: September 27, 2021, 12:30:30 PM »

I dont think the New England O-line is as bad as you imagine

Its the same group that had Bank projecting 9-12 wins

Saints played well on the road - credit them - they had something to prove and the well-coached outfit got it done.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 12:32:01 PM by kidcarter8 »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: September 27, 2021, 12:37:04 PM »

And kid I told you last year, after the Cam signing, why I was not a Cam fan. And he did nothing to prove me wrong that he was a stop-gap quick fix until the next Pat's QB could be found.

Riiiiight...

Biut this is professional sports - and the TIMING of such a decision is always going to b key.  Especially when you are a team looking to win a division (read:  not in the Jets or Giants position)

The Eli-Warner comparison is appropriate.  It can be said Giants flushed that year but for the good of the future.  All I am saying is this NE situation '21 could be quite similar.  But of course Pats fans want to say 9-12 wins

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: September 27, 2021, 01:35:15 PM »

I dont think the New England O-line is as bad as you imagine

Its the same group that had Bank projecting 9-12 wins

Saints played well on the road - credit them - they had something to prove and the well-coached outfit got it done.

No its not the same group. The O-line lost their starting right tackle, Trent Brown in wk 1, and the line has played like crap since. PERIOD.

If you watched, which I doubt, you would have seen the consistent pressure Mac has been under.

Bank projected 9-12 Ws in the pre-season, with the assumption of a healthy O-line, and a strong running game and the 2 new TE. He also assumed Gilmore, their DPOY CB, would come to terms and play.

The O-line has sucked, the 2 TEs have mostly been no-shows, Smith was a huge negative factor yesterday, the running game has not really jelled and the D has been hurt by the absence of Gilmore.

9 wins is possible, but they have to play better  ( O, D and ST, and ST has been terrible) and become a far more disciplined team.

You should have left your snarky BS answer, as "Right" because I was.

And I also told you to stay away from picking the Pats W total as an over (9-9.5).

Was I right about that too?

Did you ever pay-off your lost bets?

Or are your stories about your bets all lies and hot takes too?

HEH

As for Eli-Warner, the Giants benched Warner with a 5-2 record, and Eli struggled the rest of the season with what 1 win?. The difference between the Pats in '21 and the Giants in '04 is that the Pats risked almost nothing in starting Mac, the Giants risked a post-season. There is nothing to indicate the Pats with Cam as starter would have improved from the 7-9 record he had last year.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 01:37:19 PM by bankshot1 »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: September 27, 2021, 01:38:46 PM »

9 wins is possible, but they have to play better  ( O, D and ST, and ST has been terrible) and become a far more disciplined team.

Wow - what an incredible shift.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: September 27, 2021, 01:40:49 PM »

Did you ever pay-off your lost bets?

In the legal betting world money is up front

But I am sure you and your not so massive funds still deal with a midget named Harry.
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 329