Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all of the NFL teams make it through the whole season?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:04:36 PM

Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 329

Author Topic: National Football League  (Read 166759 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: National Football League
« Reply #3900 on: October 10, 2021, 02:12:57 PM »

I have 5 or 6 dogs this week.
Pats shitting their pants in Houston.
I'm upset.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3901 on: October 10, 2021, 02:16:56 PM »

I almost played Texans on the Pats o-line problems,but hate picking against them. But it's their defense which has been offensive against a bad team.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3902 on: October 10, 2021, 02:23:50 PM »

I almost played Texans on the Pats o-line problems,but hate picking against them. But it's their defense which has been offensive against a bad team.

Oh, the fumble of a touchdown and the dropped 30+ yard pass were none to good, either.

The Pats are fortunate to be down only 15-9 at the half, but they ought to be ahead (or tied, given the inability of either kicker to kick PATs.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3903 on: October 10, 2021, 02:33:58 PM »

That goal line fumble was brutal. But I  figured the D would step up with a crap O-line playing subs, but the D shit themselves against bad team. They're lucky their only down 6.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 02:37:18 PM by bankshot1 »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3904 on: October 10, 2021, 04:04:40 PM »

And they came back to win, amazingly enough!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3905 on: October 10, 2021, 04:23:02 PM »

That was fugly but awinzawin. Even against Houston. Maybe halfawin. Bama Mac might have a future, but he better convince BB to get him an O-line.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3906 on: October 10, 2021, 09:35:32 PM »

I have 5 or 6 dogs this week.

When I say dogs I mean to win the game - just want to clarify

Damn - Giants-Cowboys would have been good with better player health
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3907 on: October 10, 2021, 11:03:32 PM »

Think this delay is too long for the starting QBs to come back out?

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3908 on: October 11, 2021, 09:21:47 PM »

If Gruden had made anti Semitic remarks even Forrest would have supported his ousting.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3909 on: October 11, 2021, 10:02:53 PM »

Gruden has resigned..

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3910 on: October 12, 2021, 12:02:24 AM »

Sorry to see the Colts blow it.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3911 on: October 12, 2021, 12:41:55 AM »

An email from 10 years ago comes back to bite Jon Gruden and get him labeled a racist.

Way of the world, these days.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/jon-gruden-email-demaurice-smith-11633721045

Turns out he was an all purpose bigot in what he wrote, regardless of what his internal beliefs were. Or as he said, he never meant to hurt anybody.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/11/us/nfl-jon-gruden-homophobic-misogynistic-emails-spt/index.html

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3912 on: October 12, 2021, 09:12:17 AM »

Gee, he sounds like an average football coach, where everyone is the enemy, unless they're on your team.

Roger Pontius Goodell is washing his hands of him, to provide the illusion that the NFL gives a crap.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3913 on: October 12, 2021, 11:00:40 AM »

Gee, he sounds like an average football coach, where everyone is the enemy, unless they're on your team.

Sounds like Ham is yet again being an apologist for bigotry.

No, Ham, if he sounded like an average football coach, then this would have come out about other Washington coaches during the investigation.

It wasn't one letter. It wasn't just 10 years ago. And it is not typical, no matter how much you want to excuse it.

The Times said the emails were sent to Bruce Allen, the former president of the Washington Football Team, over a seven-year period, causing many to question why he was allowed to stay in his role for so long. Allen was fired by the organization in December 2019.

Yes, the Commissioner is a hypocrite in this regard. He knew, but wouldn't have said a thing had the info not been leaked.

I'm sure he didn't mean to hurt anybody, either.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3914 on: October 12, 2021, 12:05:57 PM »

Sounds like Ham is yet again being an apologist for bigotry.
It is worth noting that coaches have been fired for using that type of terminology to their teams before.

And yes, Forrest defends his fellow racists and bigots. But I guarantee that if Gruden had made antisemitic remarks jn addition to the racist and homophobic ones Forrest would suddenly have found virtue in wokeness.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 329