Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all of the NFL teams make it through the whole season?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:04:36 PM

Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 329

Author Topic: National Football League  (Read 166468 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: National Football League
« Reply #4110 on: November 06, 2021, 05:03:48 PM »

Careful now. Get the facts.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4111 on: November 06, 2021, 05:06:21 PM »

As soon as he explained he was following Joe Rogan's advice he lost all credibility on this, Kid, and I don't know why you are defending him.

Careful now - get the facts

Rodgers was following advice from his doctor

He is following Rogan AFTER he got the COVID

Okay.

You, too.

Rodgers said he was following advice from his doctor.

And why you think following Rogan's advice after getting the virus is a reason to trust him now is still bizarre.

There are doctors giving bad advice about COVID, but not all that many of them.

And if he had been direct when he dodged with his "immunized" comment, he might have avoided this. And had he told the HEALTH company he's been paid to represent, they might have appreciated the heads up.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4112 on: November 07, 2021, 01:03:56 PM »

Upsets today (other than obvious Chiefs whoa re now a 7 point favorite)

Giants
Eagles
Niners

to win game - all home and short dogs.

ENJOY.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #4113 on: November 07, 2021, 04:16:53 PM »

How do you lose to the Jaguars!!!!! Though the Bills did get 3 more points than in their WC game against Jacksonville a few years back

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4114 on: November 07, 2021, 05:02:09 PM »

Pats played a good game, and pretty much dominated Carolina.

They're becoming the D-oriented/decent running game team I had hoped for.

I thought Mac was so-so, but his running game was pretty pretty pretty good.

Darnold still sees ghosts.

I had the several dogs including the Jags (+14.5) but didn't think they were going to win.

Got whacked on Dallas and Cincy (serves me right) but this might shape up into an ok day.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4115 on: November 07, 2021, 05:37:25 PM »

What an amazingly messy game this GB/KC contest this is.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4116 on: November 07, 2021, 07:18:52 PM »

Pack defense showed up big time

Good to see the kid with points on the board

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4117 on: November 07, 2021, 07:20:02 PM »

Guessing Bank needs a KC score now

heh

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4118 on: November 07, 2021, 08:20:22 PM »

The yahoo line was locked on Thurs at KC -1.

I was good.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4119 on: November 07, 2021, 11:39:43 PM »

Guessing Bank needs a KC score now

heh

I could have used about 3 more LAR scores.

Another strange week in the NFL

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4120 on: November 08, 2021, 10:14:49 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/08/media/aaron-rodgers-state-farm-sponsorship/index.html

Sharp reduction in ads featuring Rodgers for State Farm from 25% of their ads last week to 1.5% this week. It's the woke folks' fault, says he. In addition, Rodgers says it was reporters' fault that he said he was immunized.

The story also says there are indications he had been avoiding NFL protocols for unvaccinated players, but I would guess that story is still very much brewing, either way.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4121 on: November 08, 2021, 10:19:17 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/08/media/aaron-rodgers-state-farm-sponsorship/index.html

Sharp reduction in ads featuring Rodgers for State Farm from 25% of their ads last week to 1.5% this week. It's the woke folks' fault, says he. In addition, Rodgers says it was reporters' fault that he said he was immunized.

The story also says there are indications he had been avoiding NFL protocols for unvaccinated players, but I would guess that story is still very much brewing, either way.

We also have fuller knowledge about his not having taken the J&J vaccine. From a Saturday story I missed:
Rodgers said he did not get vaccinated because he has an allergy to an ingredient in the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines and was scared about the possible side effects from the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4122 on: November 08, 2021, 11:52:19 AM »

So, so often, "woke" and "cancel culture" are used by people who simply want to avoid being held accountable for their words and deeds. Rogers lied about his vaccination status. Lied. And clearly ignored the unvaxxed protocols. That is why his feet are being held to the fire in a way that Wentz and Cousins, to name two other unvaxxed QBs, are not. He LIED.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4123 on: November 08, 2021, 12:37:21 PM »

And the notion that it's the "woke mob" that is pushing vaccinations is hilarious.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/08/opinions/aaron-rodgers-covid-accountability-obeidallah/index.html

This story contains more of what Rodgers said in August when he intentionally spoke in such a way as to suggest he had been vaccinated, while knowing he wasn't and choosing words that would let him claim he had not lied.

"I will not judge those guys," he said of teammates who had not been vaccinated.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4124 on: November 08, 2021, 03:44:11 PM »

I think the point about "woke" in general is, that being overly woke (for example a member here thought it necessary to pontificate  Thomas Jefferson's sins as slave owner, but was woefully blind to their own sins) trivializes what's really critical about issues, and those issues get lost in the noise.

No one was perfect 10 years ago, or 50, or 250 years ago. Or today. If you see racism, sexism, or whatever ism isn't p-c, call it out, or do your best, but to focus on an ever changing p-c playbook (shit I forgot to check Brandeis' stay away from handbook) but condemning people for who they were, can't really be addressed, only creates a holier than thou, environment, a lot of resentment, and may be  self-defeating,

We should strive to be better people, but to constantly point fingers at all the transgressors, past and present, and if we are honest, there are lots of them, may prove to be counter-productive to the goals of changing how we interact as a multi-racial/ethnic/relgious/sexual identification and become a more inclusive and accepting society.

Sports hate however is ok.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 03:46:35 PM by bankshot1 »
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 329