Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all of the NFL teams make it through the whole season?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:04:36 PM

Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 329

Author Topic: National Football League  (Read 166452 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: National Football League
« Reply #4155 on: November 12, 2021, 11:16:33 PM »

Week 10

Thursday, Nov. 11, 8:20 PM Ravens -7.5 Miami 46.5   Ravens, 31-17

No talk about the Dolphin's fine win over the Ravens?! (Or the Ravens' terrible loss to the Dolphins, if you prefer.)

Jacoby Brissett might be an NFL starting QB yet!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4156 on: November 12, 2021, 11:33:02 PM »

Tua won the game

Ravens were hosed on an overturned call late.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4157 on: November 12, 2021, 11:48:20 PM »

Tua won the game

Ravens were hosed on an overturned call late.

Enough to make up the 12 points?!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4158 on: November 13, 2021, 12:18:43 AM »

Yes

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4159 on: November 13, 2021, 12:30:02 AM »

Yes

Oh, well.

Better than on an unreviewable play, I suppose - they get fewer calls wrong when they are reviewed.

I am surprised it came down to so narrow a decision. Either Miami was playing better than expected or Baltimore worse or both.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4160 on: November 13, 2021, 07:42:35 PM »

https://www.patriots.com/news/expert-predictions-week-10-picks-for-patriots-vs-browns

25 or so predictions on the Pats/Browns tilt, with some of them actually explaining their reasoning.

Spoiler alert:

A substantial majority think the Patriots are going to win. It makes me nervous.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4161 on: November 13, 2021, 09:08:14 PM »

23-21 Pats

Behind backup QB

kidcarter8

• View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4164 on: November 14, 2021, 12:00:42 AM »

https://archive.ph/RyIw7

Beneath the mystery of Tom Brady

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4165 on: November 14, 2021, 10:41:30 AM »

Fucking horse shit

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/roethlisberger-out-for-steelers-after-going-covid-list#

Why is it horse shit, Kid?

Ever hear of a false positive?

Though I suppose they keep testing (reporters dont let you know any of that)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4166 on: November 14, 2021, 11:08:32 AM »

Fucking horse shit

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/roethlisberger-out-for-steelers-after-going-covid-list#

Why is it horse shit, Kid?

Ever hear of a false positive?

Though I suppose they keep testing (reporters dont let you know any of that)

They keep testing. But also, after the Giants' incident with a lab turning out a too high number of false positives last week, the league and teams are being cautious to make sure the positives are real.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4167 on: November 14, 2021, 12:38:54 PM »

23-21 Pats

Behind backup QB

I see it same way, Pats in a low scoring defense dominated from both sides squeeker.

Unless there are a lot of turnovers, or fluky ST plays, the punters will be busy in a field position type game.

You're sitting on the o/u, I'll take the under

Pats 20-17

GO PATS

RIP Sam Huff

One of the first NFL stars I was aware of and rooted for WBW.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4168 on: November 14, 2021, 12:53:09 PM »

They keep testing. But also, after the Giants' incident with a lab turning out a too high number of false positives last week, the league and teams are being cautious to make sure the positives are real.

Thanks

Yeah - so I'd guess Ben may have had a subsequent second failed test - again - nor reported.  Though maybe it becomes a privacy issue after first test result is reported.

Ex:  Test positive on a Thursday, positive again Friday - you could test NEGATIVE Saturday morning and again Sunday morning (24 hours apart - 2 tests, by rule) and then play Sunday

No word WHEN the first failed test was (what day, time) and when subsequent tests were performed - and passed/failed - but maybe we are not allowed this information - its just not an issue of press not digging.

That a SLEW of positives is the only reason to suspect a false negative is interesting.

I AM nitpicking, I suppose - but seasons are on the line.  Thankfully for the 5-3 Steelers - looking to tie for division lead -  it is just DETROIT that Mason Rudolph faces - and at home.

By the way - are we to believe Ben didnt co-mingle with any teammates - I havent seen that others are missing the game.  Or is it just that those have PASSED testing?  Thanks for any further NFL rules insight.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 12:57:11 PM by kidcarter8 »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4169 on: November 14, 2021, 01:08:34 PM »

Has there been ample EVIDENCE that previously vaccinated individuals who get COVID-19 are transmitting at high rates?  Same rates as those that werent vaxxed?

Thanks - havent seen the stdies - if there are any -a nd ia also understand why CDC and others might squash them.
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 329