Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all of the NFL teams make it through the whole season?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:04:36 PM

Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 329

Author Topic: National Football League  (Read 166417 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: National Football League
« Reply #4560 on: January 29, 2022, 05:19:23 PM »

DANIEL JONES TO TAMPA
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4561 on: January 29, 2022, 06:57:07 PM »

I have not seen anywhere that "Brady says he is retiring."

Until that happens, I think it is all premature.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4562 on: January 30, 2022, 11:22:41 AM »

Agree.

Rapoport added: "Brady is on vacation and far away from what I can tell. The fact that this got out now has no doubt frustrated him to no end. Again, this is someone who is extremely in charge of his brand, in everything that is produced, everything around him, everything social media puts out. They do a great job. But this is very un-Brady-like. The fact that the Buccaneers have not yet been informed that he is for sure walking away, probably is not a good look. I think Brady handles everything first class. I'm sure that he is steaming that this got out. However, I do believe this is true, that he is, in fact, going to retire."

https://www.nfl.com/news/buccaneers-qb-tom-brady-retiring-from-nfl-after-22-seasons

Would be cool if he did comeback.  Has said he would love to finish with a win.  Could Tampa management convince him they can gather together enough talent for this to even be a possibility?  Guys getting older,  the Antonio mess, etc...

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4563 on: January 30, 2022, 12:02:22 PM »

I'll go with Cinci and the Niners, both for the win, with both games going over.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4564 on: January 30, 2022, 12:27:12 PM »

Over on KC game being bet big even as it creeps up .  Some have it as high as 55.5

Money also went big on Chiefs first at 6.5 then at 7.  Can't find a 7 anywhere now.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4565 on: January 30, 2022, 06:20:48 PM »

Over on KC game being bet big even as it creeps up .  Some have it as high as 55.5

Money also went big on Chiefs first at 6.5 then at 7.  Can't find a 7 anywhere now.

I had Mixon scoring on that last big run, not coming up short. But I will settle for having beaten the spread and called the winner in this first game. May I do so well in the second!

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4566 on: January 30, 2022, 06:46:04 PM »

Well done, sir

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: January 30, 2022, 08:26:52 PM »

About that NFL OT controversy:
Never mind.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4568 on: January 30, 2022, 09:37:48 PM »

About that NFL OT controversy:
Never mind.

Both teams had a possession on offense.

One was just more offensive than the other.

But the current version of the rule still sucks.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: January 30, 2022, 09:42:04 PM »

Well done, sir

Thanks.

The second game, I got the winner wrong and the over/under very wrong, but beat the spread. 50/50 for the day and 50/50 for the playoffs (as I only guessed two other games).

In the land of wouldacouldashoulda, one dropped interception toss made the difference.

In the early game, the choice to not kick the field goal at the end of the first half made the difference.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4570 on: January 30, 2022, 10:01:47 PM »

Andy Reid'a clockmastery bit KC in the ass today.

As Pats fan may remember 21-3 wasn't quite enough in Indy in '06 either.

went 1-1 today, (8-4 for post-season, over .500 for year,) and locked up '21-22 SoSH ATS pick 'em tourney, 2up 1 to play.

GO BENGALS

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #4571 on: January 31, 2022, 06:22:52 AM »

Totally unexpected. Looks like Burrow is an elite and Detroit buried its very talented signal caller.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4572 on: January 31, 2022, 09:11:20 AM »

Cant wait to hear Stephen A's take on Eric Bieniemy today.  (Smith has been hypercritical of teams not moving to hire Bieniemy, lately as the GB offensive coordinator was hired by Denver)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4573 on: January 31, 2022, 09:19:28 AM »

So...were those games won, yesterday, or were they blown?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4574 on: January 31, 2022, 10:42:46 AM »

Taking little from the CinnCats or Rams and their deserving comebacks, I think there was a big slug of "blown" in both the wins.

Mahomes looked lost in the 2nd half, desperate to find someone open (kudos D adjustment) .   I would have loved to see him lose that fumble and the game on the penultimate 4Q play/pathetic scramble and strip sack.

I had KC covering (34-21) but in 4Q I was hoping for the upset. I couldn't handicap Cincy all year, yesterday was no different.

Jimmy G. was just terrible, gotta beleive its time for the 49ers to move on. Rodgers? Russell?

I had this one dead-on at LAR 20-17, thought the 49ers could win but loved the .5 hook

Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 329