Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all of the NFL teams make it through the whole season?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:04:36 PM

Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 329

Author Topic: National Football League  (Read 166389 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: National Football League
« Reply #4590 on: February 01, 2022, 05:50:06 PM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4591 on: February 01, 2022, 08:14:47 PM »

Who ya got in Tampa?
Not sure, because I am not sure who will be on the market.  A lot depends on coaching hires,  how much does the new coach like, oh, Kirk Cousins or whoever.

Agree.  Definitely a "stay tuned".

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #4592 on: February 02, 2022, 04:29:17 AM »

Kyle Trask
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4594 on: February 02, 2022, 11:15:59 AM »

About that NFL OT controversy:
Never mind.

Both teams had a possession on offense.

One was just more offensive than the other.

But the current version of the rule still sucks.

Yep.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4595 on: February 02, 2022, 11:25:34 AM »

What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4596 on: February 02, 2022, 11:30:13 AM »

Flores stayed silent and took the money.  He could have called Ross out immediately if he didnt think the $$  offer for losses was akin o good and proper NFL business.  Now it sounds like spoiled cheese (worse than grapes)
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #4597 on: February 02, 2022, 12:57:53 PM »

Tough case to prove. No one violated the Rooney Rule, if they interviewed minority candidates.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4598 on: February 02, 2022, 01:05:25 PM »

Tough case to prove. No one violated the Rooney Rule, if they interviewed minority candidates.
Uh, I think if they interviewed them AFTER deciding to hire someone else, which is the claim, that.would be against the spirit of the rule at the very least.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4599 on: February 02, 2022, 02:45:38 PM »

And Bellechick text proves this?

The official hire of Daboll was when?

And the Flores interview?

Was Flores given the chance to knock the Giants socks off?  To show Schoen he had something other than  years HC experience that Daboll lacked?

I would say YES.  He was.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4600 on: February 02, 2022, 03:12:40 PM »

Was Flores given the chance to knock the Giants socks off?  To show Schoen he had something other than  years HC experience that Daboll lacked?

No, the Belechick tests are evidence that the interview was a sham interview designed to pay mere lip service to the Rooney Rule. There are reasons to question what BB actually knew and how, of course, but they do show the Giants made the decision to hire Daboll before ever interviewing Flores.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4601 on: February 02, 2022, 03:49:51 PM »

How about.....

Daboll happened to go first
Daboll knocked it out of the park.

What more needs to be said after this?

Except that due to the rule Flores - whether or no the Giants still thought he could surpass Daboll - needed to be interviewed.  Without the rule maybe Giants call and  cancel.

None of this will mean shit to anyone who is stuck on GIANTS ARE RACIST BASTARDS,  which would be par for the Elba course.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 03:51:57 PM by kidcarter8 »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: February 02, 2022, 05:29:42 PM »

No, the Belechick tests are evidence that the interview was a sham interview designed to pay mere lip service to the Rooney Rule. There are reasons to question what BB actually knew and how, of course, but they do show the Giants made the decision to hire Daboll before ever interviewing Flores.

Uh, no. They don't prove that at all.

You can be high on a candidate, and then say, wait...we gotta look at one more, and then say, well, we still like the other guy.

So prove that wasn't the case.

Maybe the BB text just prove that Flores has thin skin.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4603 on: February 02, 2022, 05:51:35 PM »

Uh, no. They don't prove that at all.

You can be high on a candidate, and then say, wait...we gotta look at one more, and then say, well, we still like the other guy.

So prove that wasn't the case.
I did not use the word prove for a reason. It is evidence that they reached a decision and the interview with Flores was a sham. As I noted, other explanations can be conceived of, based on what BB heard and was told and who told him. But on its face it is some evidence to support the claim Flores makes about his interview being not in good faith, and a violation of the Rooney Rule.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: February 02, 2022, 05:52:48 PM »

How about.....

Daboll happened to go first
Daboll knocked it out of the park.

What more needs to be said after this?

Except that due to the rule Flores - whether or no the Giants still thought he could surpass Daboll - needed to be interviewed.  Without the rule maybe Giants call and  cancel.

None of this will mean shit to anyone who is stuck on GIANTS ARE RACIST BASTARDS,  which would be par for the Elba course.
No one on Elba has made that claim.
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 329