Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all of the NFL teams make it through the whole season?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:04:36 PM

Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 329

Author Topic: National Football League  (Read 166704 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: National Football League
« Reply #4620 on: February 04, 2022, 09:43:21 AM »

All kinds of thoughts on Bellechick in this matter  was it just an honest mistake?

One thing for sure - Flores was more flustered going into the interview due to BB's gaffe.

Giants today say that BB is full of beans since they had only spoken to Daboll for 20 minutes via Zoom prior to meeting with Flores - and would never hire someone off just that one contact.

And ELWAY says Flores is full of beans as well regarding his interview with the Broncos (tale of DEN execs including Elway showing up late and "disheveled and hung over".
Well, of course there are denials. The real question is how BB knew that the Gs would hire Daboll? Who told him, and why? Those are the questions that need to be answered, unless you are Forrest and will accept the word of whites in power over the claims of an African American evwry time, without question. There are a range of possible answers from innocent to damning. What apparently has never been denied is that BB texted Daboll was going to be hired by the Gs before Flores was interviewed and the Gs hired Daboll. That is definitely suspicious and needs investigation.

Giants have answered thi

Cant you see this as Mara and BB had a conversation where Mara said he really liked Dabol (this after just the 20 minute meeting).  BB takes that and runs with it, texting who he thought was Daboll a congratulatory, "I heard they really like you, that's great".....

Anything else is either sinister on BB's part or reeks of a Giants lie.  Are you calling them liars?
As I said there are innocent and guilty explanations for BBs comment. What we know is that BB made the comment in his mistaken emails. To learn the truth we need to learn what BB based his comments on. And I tend to neither believe nor disbelieve denials without more to go on.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4621 on: February 04, 2022, 10:04:45 AM »

Kuntzler is using the "when did you stop beating your wife" method of analysis for this one.

His hatred is getting the best of him.

Funny,though, he was a lotess lathered about all that confirmed sex abuse at MSU.

Try waiting for more facts, Kuntzler, before rushing to judgement.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4622 on: February 04, 2022, 10:23:13 AM »

Heh. Forrest, who has already sided with the white power structure over the African American man, accuses someone else of rushing to judgement.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4623 on: February 04, 2022, 12:36:53 PM »

Based on available information, with an understanding that further data may influence this opinion...

I am pretty well convinced that Flores' interview was a sham in the sense that the Giants had already decided to hire somebody else. I don't think it involved conscious racism, if it involved racism at all.

In their shoes, I would have responded to his accusation the following way:

1) It is true that we had already decided to hire somebody else. The Rooney rule requires us to interview, not to hire, minority applicants. And we did not cancel our interview with you upon our making that decision because of the Rooney Rule, but also because we anticipated this sort of accusation.

2) We also interviewed you because we wanted to hear what you had to say about what you would do. We were sincerely curious about your thoughts and thought it would be a cheap way to pick your brain. Obviously, we were wrong on the latter point - the cost is far higher than we expected.

The claim that the Rooney Rule is racist is laughably wrong-headed but, as already posted in tother thread, totally predictable. Affirmative Action efforts are a response to endemic racism.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #4624 on: February 04, 2022, 12:39:01 PM »

Heh. Forrest, who has already sided with the white power structure over the African American man, accuses someone else of rushing to judgement.

It's important for you to try to maintain your status as a knee-jerk leftist, so have at it, asshole.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #4625 on: February 04, 2022, 12:42:33 PM »

Based on available information, with an understanding that further data may influence this opinion...

I am pretty well convinced that Flores' interview was a sham in the sense that the Giants had already decided to hire somebody else. I don't think it involved conscious racism, if it involved racism at all.

1) It is true that we had already decided to hire somebody else. The Rooney rule requires us to interview, not to hire, minority applicants. And we did not cancel our interview with you upon our making that decision because of the Rooney Rule, but also because we anticipated this sort of accusation.

2) We also interviewed you because we wanted to hear what you had to say about what you would do. We were sincerely curious about your thoughts and thought it would be a cheap way to pick your brain. Obviously, we were wrong on the latter point - the cost is far higher than we expected.

The claim that the Rooney Rule is racist is laughably wrong-headed but, as already posted in tother thread, totally predictable. Affirmative Action efforts are a response to endemic racism.

But they hadn't decided. So there's that.

Rooney Rule is racist as currently constructed, no laughing needed, because it is not going far enough to meet its objectives.

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers-president-art-rooney-ii-addresses-progress-shortcomings-with-rooney-rule/

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4626 on: February 04, 2022, 12:46:01 PM »

How do you know that, Ham?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: February 04, 2022, 02:07:39 PM »

BECAUSE, unlike you, I have inside information.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #4628 on: February 04, 2022, 02:11:38 PM »

The allegation that the Giants' decision had been made prior to Friday evening, January 28, is false. And to base that allegation on a text exchange with Bill Belichick in which he ultimately states that he "thinks" Brian Daboll would get the job is irresponsible. The text exchange occurred the day before Coach Daboll's in-person interview even took place. Giants' ownership would never hire a head coach based only on a 20-minute zoom interview, which is all that Mr. Daboll had at that point.

In addition, Mr. Belichick does not speak for and has no affiliation with the Giants. Mr. Belichick's text exchange provides no insight into what actually transpired during our head coaching search.

It has been well documented how much research and due diligence we did on Mr. Flores as it related to his candidacy. John Mara called Mr. Flores two days after he was dismissed in Miami. Mr. Mara expressed to Mr. Flores in that January 12 call that once we had our new general manager in place, we would begin the process of hiring our head coach and we wanted to meet with Mr. Flores because we considered him a serious candidate for the position. Mr. Mara and Mr. Flores then had their first formal conversation in a 25-30 minute zoom call on January 18 (at Mr. Flores' request) to further discuss his candidacy.

In between those initial conversations and Mr. Flores' in-person interview on January 27, there were several other communications between Mr. Flores and members of our organization. This included a dinner with our newly hired general manager, Joe Schoen, the night before Mr. Flores's in-person interview. The consensus from within the Giants organization after this dinner remained that Mr. Flores was an outstanding candidate, and we looked forward to sitting down with him in person the next day.

Our hiring process and, most certainly, our consideration of Mr. Flores was serious and genuine. We are disappointed to learn that Mr. Flores was under the mistaken impression the job had already been awarded.

https://www.giants.com/news/statement-from-the-new-york-giants-february-3

This official statement from the Giants is in line with what I was told by sources I shall not name.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4629 on: February 04, 2022, 03:57:00 PM »

All kinds of thoughts on Bellechick in this matter  was it just an honest mistake?

One thing for sure - Flores was more flustered going into the interview due to BB's gaffe.

Giants today say that BB is full of beans since they had only spoken to Daboll for 20 minutes via Zoom prior to meeting with Flores - and would never hire someone off just that one contact.

And ELWAY says Flores is full of beans as well regarding his interview with the Broncos (tale of DEN execs including Elway showing up late and "disheveled and hung over".
Well, of course there are denials. The real question is how BB knew that the Gs would hire Daboll? Who told him, and why? Those are the questions that need to be answered, unless you are Forrest and will accept the word of whites in power over the claims of an African American evwry time, without question. There are a range of possible answers from innocent to damning. What apparently has never been denied is that BB texted Daboll was going to be hired by the Gs before Flores was interviewed and the Gs hired Daboll. That is definitely suspicious and needs investigation.

"If" they can get a credible witness within the Giant's org that will testify. If not, I would think the law would say "heresay" at best. Yeah it "looks" damning but in the end you need a source or you got squat. 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 04:03:26 PM by CaptainCargo »
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4630 on: February 04, 2022, 04:17:26 PM »

BECAUSE, unlike you, I have inside information.

Uh huh.

How swell for you.

Unless you were there when the decision was made, you have at best insider "what we want you to believe," Ham. You would hardly be the first person mislead in such a circumstance.

Further, you would be among the first to reject another person's unsubstantiated claims to "inside information."

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4631 on: February 04, 2022, 04:55:09 PM »

Because white people are denying racism and he always - ALWAYS - believes that black people claiming racism are the real racists.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4632 on: February 04, 2022, 05:05:19 PM »

The allegation that the Giants' decision had been made prior to Friday evening, January 28, is false. And to base that allegation on a text exchange with Bill Belichick in which he ultimately states that he "thinks" Brian Daboll would get the job is irresponsible. The text exchange occurred the day before Coach Daboll's in-person interview even took place. Giants' ownership would never hire a head coach based only on a 20-minute zoom interview, which is all that Mr. Daboll had at that point.

In addition, Mr. Belichick does not speak for and has no affiliation with the Giants. Mr. Belichick's text exchange provides no insight into what actually transpired during our head coaching search.

It has been well documented how much research and due diligence we did on Mr. Flores as it related to his candidacy. John Mara called Mr. Flores two days after he was dismissed in Miami. Mr. Mara expressed to Mr. Flores in that January 12 call that once we had our new general manager in place, we would begin the process of hiring our head coach and we wanted to meet with Mr. Flores because we considered him a serious candidate for the position. Mr. Mara and Mr. Flores then had their first formal conversation in a 25-30 minute zoom call on January 18 (at Mr. Flores' request) to further discuss his candidacy.

In between those initial conversations and Mr. Flores' in-person interview on January 27, there were several other communications between Mr. Flores and members of our organization. This included a dinner with our newly hired general manager, Joe Schoen, the night before Mr. Flores's in-person interview. The consensus from within the Giants organization after this dinner remained that Mr. Flores was an outstanding candidate, and we looked forward to sitting down with him in person the next day.

Our hiring process and, most certainly, our consideration of Mr. Flores was serious and genuine. We are disappointed to learn that Mr. Flores was under the mistaken impression the job had already been awarded.

This official statement from the Giants is in line with what I was told by sources I shall not name.
Sources I shall not name have told me that the Giants had already decided on Daboll and were going to interview Flores as a sham to make it appear they were in compliance with the Rooney Rule, but they had no inte tion of.ever considering him. And I am confident my source is as good as yours, in that they are both entirely notional.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #4634 on: February 04, 2022, 06:16:05 PM »

Sources I shall not name have told me that the Giants had already decided on Daboll and were going to interview Flores as a sham to make it appear they were in compliance with the Rooney Rule, but they had no inte tion of.ever considering him. And I am confident my source is as good as yours, in that they are both entirely notional.

Well. You're simply unaware.

Ignorant.

Out of the loop.

Grandstanding.

Lying.

Full of shit.

What else is new?
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 329