Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all of the NFL teams make it through the whole season?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:04:36 PM

Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 329

Author Topic: National Football League  (Read 166537 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: National Football League
« Reply #4875 on: December 12, 2022, 01:59:50 PM »

Almost took an 0-9 yesterday - ha!

Yankguy is right - happens when you just "throw darts".

read:  no - I am not a game analyst - dont spend any time on it.

Maybe next year......
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #4876 on: December 18, 2022, 11:49:16 PM »

What saloon did they pull the officials out of for the Giants/ Redskins game

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4877 on: December 21, 2022, 12:48:20 PM »

Well, that puts a damper on the 50th anniversary of the Immaculate Reception story line.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4878 on: December 30, 2022, 02:02:34 PM »

Whisk - good luck in FFB Finals.    I am actually up against Burrow and Jefferson in one of my other leagues (made finals in 2 out of 4).  Will come down to Monday...   
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4879 on: December 30, 2022, 04:41:38 PM »

Justin Jefferson is a PPR God.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4880 on: January 03, 2023, 10:54:50 AM »

That was frightening last night. I remember listening to the game when Chuck Hughes died.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4881 on: January 03, 2023, 11:11:13 AM »

That was frightening last night. I remember listening to the game when Chuck Hughes died.
Me, too.
There was only about a minute left in the game so it did not cause much of a stir when the game went on.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #4882 on: January 03, 2023, 01:17:32 PM »

During the brief period I was an EMT,  one thing I learned is that a hard enough blow can stop the human heart.  The hits that footballers take involve scary amounts of momentum.  It's a rare event because the blow has to land at exactly the right moment in the heart's rhythm cycle, but it does happen - it's called commotio cordis.  Ironically, precordial thump, which is a purposeful blow to the chest, can also restart the heart (if there's no defib handy).  I hope he recovers and hasn't sustained any damage to the heart muscle. 
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4883 on: January 03, 2023, 03:20:03 PM »

During the brief period I was an EMT,  one thing I learned is that a hard enough blow can stop the human heart.  The hits that footballers take involve scary amounts of momentum.  It's a rare event because the blow has to land at exactly the right moment in the heart's rhythm cycle, but it does happen - it's called commotio cordis.  Ironically, precordial thump, which is a purposeful blow to the chest, can also restart the heart (if there's no defib handy).  I hope he recovers and hasn't sustained any damage to the heart muscle.
Nice Google Search
Very popular today.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: January 03, 2023, 03:30:34 PM »

Me, too.
There was only about a minute left in the game so it did not cause much of a stir when the game went on.
Nice Google search.
Very popular today. Asshole.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4885 on: January 03, 2023, 04:22:41 PM »

Me, too.
Nice Google search.
Very popular today. Asshole.
Sorry.
I actually listened to game.
Van Patrick and Bob Reynolds, WJR.
Then I wrote my script for my evening sportscast in Toledo.
The game was not televised.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #4886 on: January 04, 2023, 10:12:26 PM »

There he is, on the scene:

https://youtu.be/_JTyxXP-_dA

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4887 on: January 05, 2023, 12:03:38 PM »

On a less distressing subject, who gets into the Hall of Fame this year?

At the risk of being a homer, Joe Thomas should have the shortest conversation. The  est OT since Munoz. The only negative on him is that the Browns around him sucked so badly for all 11 years he played, and he never made the playoffs, let alone won the Super Bowl. I doubt that is held against him.

Darrelle Revis should also go in on the first ballot. Maybe the best shut down corner since Dion Sanders.

DeMarcus Ware. He was an elite edge guy. I think Freeney is a better choice but. I do not think two Edges get in and I suspect the guy who has been waiting gets the nod.

Torry Holt. I like Andre Johnson better, but unless you are Megatronish talent wise, the Hall makes you wait. I should point out that I prefer Steve Smith over both, but he is not on the final ballot.

So those four, and possibly Johnson and Freeney. And one other guy, either Willis or Hester.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4888 on: January 06, 2023, 10:39:15 AM »

There he is, on the scene:

https://youtu.be/_JTyxXP-_dA
Has he admitted to being that person? The problem with being intellectually dishonest and a PROVEN PATHOLOGICAL LIAR like RedDickJimmEspn is no one believes you when you tell the truth. That is how you end up in the belly of a wolf.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #4889 on: January 06, 2023, 01:17:26 PM »

Admitted?  DK - I dimly recall he, or someone very similar, had a NYTF login called "JMengel" or something like that.  Add to that his claims to sportscastery, and that two of his aliases are Dick Vitale and ESPN - no idea if those breadcrumbs lead anywhere.  In other incarnations, he said he managed a cement factory, so I assume our legs are always being pulled.  I found the video amusing and thought he might as well. 
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 329