Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 247205 times)

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #720 on: October 21, 2018, 01:23:55 PM »

Funny how the bucknut traveling contortionist show has begun!!  Beyond your wildest imagination!!  You won’t believe you eyes or nose!!  The bullish!t that defies all reason and mans understanding of the rules of the physical universe!!

The SNOWGLOBE is shaken, not stirred, and with a wetted finger to the prevailing winds of pop whimsy, cautious observers are refusing to roll out the fat lady until the Family Pretzel has performed.  The ooos and aaahs are coming, certainly!!

Really!!

I promise, and with every SWEATINMYVEST, I swear there’s uh-poss (burp)...a poss...a poss...a (burp) possibility (glug)...
Want to put a twelve of Keystone Light on it? OSU wins out and is in the playoffs, you give the 12 to your lawyer's overworked and underpaid Secretary in my name. Miss out and I will send it to your caregiver to dole out to you at the doctor's order. Wind up with more than one loss, no bet.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #721 on: October 21, 2018, 01:32:07 PM »

2 teams in the playoffs, please see Roy Orbison’s “In Dreams...”

Get freaking real, dude, that pathetic fake bluster is what defines Biggie Smalls.

Put another way:  You just PLAYED YOURSELF.

You can not make this sh!t up, smh.
No, it was a very real scenario. It required two major conference champs with two losses, and a one loss UM winning the Big Ten after handing OSU its only loss. The Committee has consistently shown the it does not consider the resume of a two loss team to be equivalent to a one loss team. That is why OSU over PSU despite the head to head and Alabama over OSU despite the conference championship. Now the only chance of getting two teams from the same conference in involves Alabama losing, and another 1 loss God's Conference champ.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #722 on: October 21, 2018, 01:39:48 PM »

You’re on, but I suspect no bet a’tall if’n that same team takes the field versus the remainder of their formidable Biggy Lesserer slate.

Yeah, the secretary is long-suffering under that shyster who’s got me out of my share of sh!t back in the day.  Anyone who stands toe to toe with Arliss Howard’s LA Jew is somebody in my book.  The secretary has always survived on the kindness of strangers and the occasional short grift like the next gal.

Used to be a hell of a dice-thrower, I could roll until I had both boot heels full of cash.

I p!ssed most of it away on motor oil and cold ones, but that’s everybody’s story I guess.  I’m not complaining.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #723 on: October 21, 2018, 01:43:10 PM »

How’s about a 2 loss LSU?

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: October 21, 2018, 01:50:47 PM »

Speaking of Kentucky

I believe I said they have a shot at 10-2 a while back.

They may not look pretty, but they have an eat the clock up offense and a stingy little defense. And I still think they still have a shot at that 10-2 mark.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: October 21, 2018, 01:57:52 PM »

Speaking of LSU have I mentioned I hate the targeting rule? Not the spirit of it, just the total arbitrary pansyassiness of it.

Fitzgerald gets a 'hit' that wouldn't hurt your sister and blip....

The Joe Montana hit vs the Giants. Now that was a friggin hit. WHUT THA FUK?

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #726 on: October 21, 2018, 02:08:38 PM »

Not over a one loss team.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: October 21, 2018, 02:11:34 PM »

What if LSU is the SEC Champion with 2 losses?

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: October 21, 2018, 02:15:42 PM »

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #729 on: October 21, 2018, 02:24:01 PM »

Cf, Penn State in 2016 and OSU last year. Not that LSU can win the conference with two losses, since a.second loss in Conference makes their path to the championship game much harder, but a two loss Gods Conference Champ would be sidelined in favor of a one loss Alabama. The Committee in its final rankings do not see 1 and 2 loss teams as having similar resumes. And since conference champions, like head to head, only get separate consideration when the resumes are similar, the Committee has consistently kept a two loss champion out in favor of a strong one loss team on the basis of the over all resumes.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #730 on: October 21, 2018, 02:39:36 PM »

So, yeah, when it was tpsu??

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: October 22, 2018, 07:57:32 AM »

Cf, Penn State in 2016 and OSU last year. Not that LSU can win the conference with two losses, since a.second loss in Conference makes their path to the championship game much harder, but a two loss Gods Conference Champ would be sidelined in favor of a one loss Alabama. The Committee in its final rankings do not see 1 and 2 loss teams as having similar resumes. And since conference champions, like head to head, only get separate consideration when the resumes are similar, the Committee has consistently kept a two loss champion out in favor of a strong one loss team on the basis of the over all resumes.

Maybe, Maybe not.

For instance Bama could lose to LSU and Auburn and LSU could lose to Tex A&M. Michigan and OSU could bot lose again, Georgia, Fla, Wash St etc etc. The point being lots of football still left. Could be one of those years, you never know. The only undefeated team might be UCF. Or your personal favorite ND.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #732 on: October 22, 2018, 08:24:26 AM »

Maybe, Maybe not.

For instance Bama could lose
Sorry, you lost me right there.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #733 on: October 22, 2018, 08:38:19 AM »

Maybe, Maybe not.

And everybody else.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: October 22, 2018, 09:34:00 AM »

Maybe, Maybe not.

Yeah, well it felt funny when I typed it.

Playing Devil's Advocate isn't always easy.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 329