Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 255561 times)

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #885 on: November 03, 2018, 12:58:23 PM »

A once beaten non-SEC champ Alabama is in the playoffs.

...whether they deserve to be in or not?

An unbeaten Clemson and an unbeaten Notre Dame would certainly be in and a 1 loss Michigan team would be just as if not more deserving than a one loss Alabama non conference champion.

But you are probably right, because after all it's Alabama.   So far the committee approach has been a complete joke as far as I'm concerned.

I've been raggin on the Commitee from day 1 so you'll get little argument from me about their approach and so-called 'rules'.

But,

The two best teams in the country played in the final last year. Both were from the SEC.

Of course granted that is just one incredibly intelligent and perceptive persons opinion yes. But I also think the majority of the folks out there agree if they are completely honest about it. Some albeit grudgingly I suppose.

But I'm jus sayin. … 

BTW anyone have an opinion of 4-3 Iowa State being in at #24?
Because 8n cap land, there are only two types of people: those who agree with him and those who are not "completely honest".

You know you really whine about me way too much for a grown up man. I mean it's really not my fault you aren't bright enough to win a discussion.
No, it is your fault for thinking it is possible to "win" a discussion. And for failing to see the contradiction between that concept and "Have you ever considered simply using the phrase "we disagree".

There is no fault in thinking winning is possible our type of 'discussion'? What fucking planet do you live on? You make them a war every fucking time.

And once again, I've used the we disagree phrase on you more than once. And every time you have made me see that trying that with you is futile. The only thing you understand is getting whupped. And even after that event you are seldom bright enough to understand you've just morphed into a walker once again.
Quit obsessing over me and watch the games, stalker.

Go fuck yourself, you disparage me and I so tell you to STFU. You've always been the projector when it comes to me and you know it. You want me to shut up then just shut up for once in your pathetic debate losin life.
What do you know, I teach you the concept of "projection" and you start to use it as if you know what.it means. Stop obsessing over me and watch the games.

While I am sure there certain things about your chosen profession. You think I never heard of the concept of projection? You taught me?

God what an arrogant fuck you must be in real life.

Blow me already, watch this.
If you could not swear you could not speak. Quit obsessing over me and watch the games you inarticulate potty mouthed stalker.

I'll stick with blow me.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: November 03, 2018, 01:08:22 PM »

Big loss for the Buckeyes there.

I still hate the targeting rule even though they interpreted the bullshit rule right this time.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: November 03, 2018, 01:49:23 PM »

Haskins and his receivers seem a little off today. The Huskers secondary players are disrupting the timing well. 

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: November 03, 2018, 02:16:01 PM »

Heyward is a friggin load.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: November 03, 2018, 02:36:09 PM »

That... has been one hell of a weird four or five minutes.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: November 03, 2018, 02:41:03 PM »

An unbeaten Clemson and an unbeaten Notre Dame would certainly be in and a 1 loss Michigan team would be just as if not more deserving than a one loss Alabama non conference champion.

But you are probably right, because after all it's Alabama.   So far the committee approach has been a complete joke as far as I'm concerned.

I've been raggin on the Commitee from day 1 so you'll get little argument from me about their approach and so-called 'rules'.

But,

The two best teams in the country played in the final last year. Both were from the SEC.

Of course granted that is just one incredibly intelligent and perceptive persons opinion yes. But I also think the majority of the folks out there agree if they are completely honest about it. Some albeit grudgingly I suppose.

But I'm jus sayin. … 

Because 8n cap land, there are only two types of people: those who agree with him and those who are not "completely honest".

You know you really whine about me way too much for a grown up man. I mean it's really not my fault you aren't bright enough to win a discussion.
No, it is your fault for thinking it is possible to "win" a discussion. And for failing to see the contradiction between that concept and "Have you ever considered simply using the phrase "we disagree".

There is no fault in thinking winning is possible our type of 'discussion'? What fucking planet do you live on? You make them a war every fucking time.

And once again, I've used the we disagree phrase on you more than once. And every time you have made me see that trying that with you is futile. The only thing you understand is getting whupped. And even after that event you are seldom bright enough to understand you've just morphed into a walker once again.

Go fuck yourself, you disparage me and I so tell you to STFU. You've always been the projector when it comes to me and you know it. You want me to shut up then just shut up for once in your pathetic debate losin life.
What do you know, I teach you the concept of "projection" and you start to use it as if you know what.it means. Stop obsessing over me and watch the games.

While I am sure there certain things about your chosen profession. You think I never heard of the concept of projection? You taught me?

If you could not swear you could not speak. Quit obsessing over me and watch the games you inarticulate potty mouthed stalker.

I'll stick with blow me.
Interesting. How long have you had these homosexual fantasies about me? Not that there is anything wrong with that, and not that I am not honored, but I am not interested. Though that does explain those stalking issues of yours.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #891 on: November 03, 2018, 02:47:55 PM »

We don’t really pay  Venables’ “get back” coach $400K (that I know of), but it seemed funny to me at the time and the right number in My Perfect World.

Vegas is mind-blowing even with big numbers, still astounded after all these years, our number -39.5, against a league opponent, nuts.

We are right on it now, don’t suspect Petrino will be fired this year, but consider his seat warm going forward.

Epic beatdowns are punishing on a fan base.

CLEM pulling a CLEM vs. WVU and then less-unpredictably vs. ALA in the GA dome are permanently configured in the clemfan hardware.

But the party has started in Def Valley (non-bayou)...Dexter Lawrence’s turn to punch in a short yardage TD, a role ordinarily filled by top-5 CLEM player of all time Christian Wilkins.

Christian is a smart guy, real smart, like up for awards, I forget, but also a rare leader.

His taking TLAW to breakfast shortly after KB left and saying that he, and the D, had his back is now the stuff of legend, as ordinary an act as that might appear.

As a guy who still worried that there could be a racial division over Dabo’s decision, that move was reassuring to say the least.  It could have derailed a less-successful or different group of kids, maybe, or maybe the kids don’t think that way anymore.

Christian Wilkins doesn’t, and maybe he’s just smart and just a leader, but I really doubt it.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 02:57:23 PM by jbottle »

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: November 03, 2018, 02:55:54 PM »

But,

But I'm jus sayin. … 

I'll stick with blow me.
Interesting. How long have you had these homosexual fantasies about me? Not that there is anything wrong with that, and not that I am not honored, but I am not interested. Though that does explain those stalking issues of yours.

You are a real piece of work I'll give you that. Your name must've been Grimm in a past life as you are really good at making up fairy tales. No pun intended.

If this place didn't crash all the time the actual reality you stalking of me would be well documented. You're fucking obcessed with me. Anyone that has been paying attention knows the truth though.

As to the other you suck so much in your debating skills I just naturally figured that was your preference.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: November 03, 2018, 02:58:45 PM »

We don’t really pay  Venables’ “get back” coach $400K (that I know of), but it seemed funny to me at the time and the right number in My Perfect World.

Vegas is mind-blowing even with big numbers, still astounded after all these years, our number -39.5, against a league opponent, nuts.

We are right on it now, don’t suspect Petrino will be fired this year, but consider his seat warm going forward.

Epic beatdowns are punishing on a fan base.

CLEM pulling a CLEM vs. WVU and then less-unpredictably vs. ALA in the GA dome are permanently configured in the clemfan hardware.

But the party has started in Def Valley (non-bayou)...Dexter Lawrence’s turn to punch in a short yardage TD, a role ordinarily filled by top-5 CLEM player of all time Christian Wilkins.

Christian is a smart guy, real smart, like up for awards, I forget, but also a rare leader.

His taking TLAW to breakfast shortly after KB left and saying that he, and the D, had his back is now the stuff of legend, as ordinary an act as that might appear.

As a guy who still worried that there could be a racial division over Dabo’s decision, that move was reassuring to say the least.  It could have derailed a less-successful or different group of kids, maybe, or maybe the kids don’t think that way anymore.

Christian Wilkins doesn’t, and maybe he’s just smart and just a leader, but I really doubt it.

Clemson is a friggin a machine today on both sides of the ball.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #894 on: November 03, 2018, 04:41:15 PM »

As long as ALA & CLEM continue to roll, there’s no telling the real diff between the unbeatens, but it starts to look real interesting, we’re probably +9.5 right now.

Don’t know if tonight will tell us much but excited for the best-billed game of all season...

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: November 03, 2018, 06:13:05 PM »

The more that young QB of Clemson plays JB the better for the Tigers. Clemson's front seven defense continues to impress me.

Tonight tells us if there is any real chinks in that Bama armor.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 06:20:53 PM by CaptainCargo »

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: November 03, 2018, 06:19:47 PM »

Georgia showing they will have to be reckoned with at some point. Kentucky has a good team, just not at the elite level yet. 14 points down they still have a punchers chance.

I have my reservations about the Buckeye defense. I have none however about Michigan's. One of the best DC's in the nation along with Venables.

The Mary Hardin-Baylor Crusaders continue to crush every opponent with consecutive weeks of 80-7 victories.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 06:29:58 PM by CaptainCargo »

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #897 on: November 03, 2018, 06:40:57 PM »

LSU   +14.5

Under 52.5

Parlay it with the Michigan winnings

Hooooot!

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: November 03, 2018, 06:44:33 PM »

Definitely getting our asses kicked. 

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #899 on: November 03, 2018, 06:52:50 PM »

Penn State and Kentucky proved to be Waaaaaay over rated.

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 329