Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 258481 times)

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #915 on: November 03, 2018, 09:18:18 PM »

He was also right in saying that dbs need to bring their arms into play.

Agreed.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: November 03, 2018, 09:26:33 PM »

Burrow is a very savvy guy.

47 Miller for Bama is going to be a problem.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #917 on: November 03, 2018, 10:19:21 PM »

Ian Book be the Man!

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #918 on: November 03, 2018, 11:47:33 PM »

Kingsbury is not the brightest in the Strategy Department

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #919 on: November 04, 2018, 12:13:39 AM »

Oklahoma outlasts.
Alabama
Clemson
Notre Dame
Michigan/Oklahoma

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #920 on: November 04, 2018, 01:08:45 AM »

Gardner Minshew!
Best ever grad transfer qb!

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: November 04, 2018, 08:30:48 AM »

Oklahoma outlasts.
Alabama
Clemson
Notre Dame
Michigan/Oklahoma
You need to shoehorn Georgia in there.

As much as I would hate to see it, I would love to see Meatchicken defense against Alabama's offense. I am aware of what appears to be a contradiction in that sentence.

Did not see the Texas v WVU game but... when how the hell does a receiver get behind the defense with 20 seconds left when a field goal doesn't help?

We finally broke the yankguy curse! Now, to take on the driver curse. For one week I join cap and the other knee jerk haters.

Of the likely top 4 for the Committee - Alabama, ClemSIN, Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie, Meatchicken - Notre Dame has not looked really impressive since, well, game 1.

Next five: Georgia, Oklahoma, Morgantown City College, Palouse Tech, tOSU. Only Georgia really impressed.

A possible poll question: Who has the prettier hair: Chase Winovich or Trevor Lawrence?
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #922 on: November 04, 2018, 09:38:29 AM »

And possibly Florida too.

Possibly Florida what YG?
In the wayyyyy overrated category.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: November 04, 2018, 11:26:00 AM »

Oklahoma outlasts.
Alabama
Clemson
Notre Dame
Michigan/Oklahoma

As much as I would hate to see it, I would love to see Meatchicken defense against Alabama's offense. I am aware of what appears to be a contradiction in that sentence.

Did not see the Texas v WVU game but... when how the hell does a receiver get behind the defense with 20 seconds left when a field goal doesn't help?

We finally broke the yankguy curse! Now, to take on the driver curse. For one week I join cap and the other knee jerk haters.

Of the likely top 4 for the Committee - Alabama, ClemSIN, Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie, Meatchicken - Notre Dame has not looked really impressive since, well, game 1.

Next five: Georgia, Oklahoma, Morgantown City College, Palouse Tech, tOSU. Only Georgia really impressed.

A possible poll question: Who has the prettier hair: Chase Winovich or Trevor Lawrence?

You just can't leave me out of it can you. Who's the stalker? LOL

Oh well, I'll have to live with your obsession with me as long as you also have something useful to say and don't get too nasty about it.

I too would love to see Bama's offense against the Michigan defense. I think the Tide would handle them but I'd still like to see it. And by the same token I'd like to see the Wolverine offense against the Bama defense.

Good point about the Mountaineer receiver. That's about as bad as it gets.

Georgia/Bama #2 (AKA the SEC CG) will be interesting. Some would argue that Bama would be coming off the tougher game what with the war they'll have against the Eagle. But Georgia vs the Wreck is always a physically taxing game too I think. The cut blocking bassids.

I see ND as a team that plays just hard enough to win each week. Are they elite? I dunno, like you said I've only seen them play really hard all game long just once this year. Syracuse is a bad fit for them both offensively and defensively I think.

OSU is an enigma. Are they also Notre Dameish with their game efforts? Too much talent for them to be looking that bad on defense week after week that is for sure. But they remind me of ND. They're sure to move up to at least #8 this week though. Does UCF crack the Top 10 or does W. Va leapfrog over them?

I see three solid elite teams and a couple right on the edge.

I keep going back to UCF and trying to figure if they have a rat's ass chance. And try as I might I can't come up with a single feasible jumble for them to make it. Man would I love to see them play LSU or Georgia though in a bowl game. Too bad that probably won't happen either.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 11:36:07 AM by CaptainCargo »

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: November 04, 2018, 11:33:35 AM »

And possibly Florida too.

Possibly Florida what YG?
In the wayyyyy overrated category.

Right now I have to agree with you if you're taking about the first Football Playoff rankings. But I think just about everybody knew they were going to lose to Georgia.

As to preseason expectations though I think they're right where they should be at 7-3. I think the Georgia game took the fight out of them. But if they finish at 10-3 it is probably just about what was expected of them. Same for Kentucky. In fact I think it is safe to say that at this point they have exceeded preseason expectations. If someone would have told me at the beginning of the year that the Wildcats had a shot to go 11-2 I probably would have laughed at them.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #925 on: November 04, 2018, 12:06:59 PM »

New Rule:  UVA must play Iowa State to see who the real “white meat” is...this comment a reference to UVA being snobs/pansies uttered famously by Frank Howard, the CLEM legend coach (prior to integration lest you think it’s coded somehow...).

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #926 on: November 04, 2018, 12:08:08 PM »

Does Church’s silk have a bowl (did they ever)??

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: November 04, 2018, 12:13:49 PM »

Iowa St would be my pick to win that game. Not that I'd watch it.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #928 on: November 04, 2018, 02:09:53 PM »

Oklahoma outlasts.
Alabama
Clemson
Notre Dame
Michigan/Oklahoma
I have factored in a Georgia loss to Alabama

Did not see the Texas v WVU  but... when how the hell does a receiver get behind the defense with 20 seconds left when a  field goal is not in play?

Hey, that was a hell of a pitch and catch. Going for two was the story of the game but the decision wasn’t all that surprising since neither team had a a defense to count on. Well, it is the Big 12.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: November 04, 2018, 02:43:41 PM »

Oklahoma outlasts.
Alabama
Clemson
Notre Dame
Michigan/Oklahoma

You just can't leave me out of it can you. Who's the stalker? LOL

Oh well, I'll have to live with your obsession with me as long as you also have something useful to say and don't get too nasty about it.

I too would love to see Bama's offense against the Michigan defense. I think the Tide would handle them but I'd still like to see it. And by the same token I'd like to see the Wolverine offense against the Bama defense.
I don't think Meatchicken has anything like the speed Alabama has. More offense than LSU, so they should get a score or two. But I would rather see a high power offense like ClemSIN against them.

Good point about the Mountaineer receiver. That's about as bad as it gets.

Georgia/Bama #2 (AKA the SEC CG) will be interesting. Some would argue that Bama would be coming off the tougher game what with the war they'll have against the Eagle. But Georgia vs the Wreck is always a physically taxing game too I think. The cut blocking bassids.

I see ND as a team that plays just hard enough to win each week. Are they elite? I dunno, like you said I've only seen them play really hard all game long just once this year. Syracuse is a bad fit for them both offensively and defensively I think.

OSU is an enigma. Are they also Notre Dameish with their game efforts? Too much talent for them to be looking that bad on defense week after week that is for sure. But they remind me of ND. They're sure to move up to at least #8 this week though. Does UCF crack the Top 10 or does W. Va leapfrog over them?
OSU's defense has been a huge disappointment. Bosa cannot make that much of a difference.

"Leapfrogging" is sort of poll thinking. Each week is supposed to be independent of prior placement. WVU pulled out a close win over a good Texas team.

I see three solid elite teams and a couple right on the edge.
Well, I do not think there is a third team on the Bama or ClemSIN level.

I keep going back to UCF and trying to figure if they have a rat's ass chance. And try as I might I can't come up with a single feasible jumble for them to make it. Man would I love to see them play LSU or Georgia though in a bowl game. Too bad that probably won't happen either.
Well, who drew the short straw for the gang of five team this year? Espn probably knows.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 329