Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 254690 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #2700 on: October 10, 2019, 10:55:07 AM »

I think I picked a good time for a long weekend with no sports.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: October 10, 2019, 10:57:01 AM »

Nice touch on Monday night from Nick Bosa.
Baker Mayfield commented that it was a long time for Bosa to hold a grudge.
I missed whatever this was about, but until you hold a grudge for at least 53 years, you got nothin'.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: October 10, 2019, 02:06:46 PM »

EVENTUAL 2019-2020 National Champion Michigan State 17, Wisconsin 10

Unlike THE, Wisconsin’s offense is very run heavy, with little threat from the passing game.  It is pretty much strength versus strength when Wisky has the ball, and I think we can use the lack of the passing game to load up the front and keep Taylor in relative check.  We still have to score, of course.  It would help to not fumble on our first two possessions, which is precisely how far I got in watching the game on Saturday.

Alabama 45, Texas A&M 10

I am glad that Alabama is finally playing somebody, but I am surprised that TAMU is still considered “somebody”.  Granted they lost to two pretty good teams, but last I saw they were getting threatened by Arfuckingkansas. I am not sure why they are ranked, but I do not expect much of a game.

Oklahoma 42, Texas 38

I am thinking about transferring to Oklahoma to play QB next year.  I would love a Heisman.

Methchicken 21, Illinois 0

No faith in the Methchicken offensives, but the defense is legitimate.  That’s seven field goals, by the way. Illinois is bad.

ClemSIN 42, the Florida State University 13

They had their hiccup. I expect ClemSIN to run the table with relative ease from here on out, and for Jennifer Lawrence to live closer to up to the preseason hype.

Our Lady if the Perpetual Tie 28, University of California* 10

It hurts at least one of us to point this out, but the Pete Carroll years stand out as an exception to the post-John Robinson Mark I Years of Meh at SC.  They may not be the elite program we continue to think of them as.  It should be a great situation, maybe the right coach, oh, someone whose name rhymes with Murban Eyer….

* Southern

the Pennsylvania State University 24, Iowa 13

I am wobbling like a weeble on whether PSU is a legitimate challenger to THE in the Big Whatever East, but their defense looks like it has the potential.  Not sure that they have enough offensive tools.  It will be interesting to watch them against Iowa’s good defense.

the Louisiana State University 35, Florida 17

Well, this may be the week we learn if Burrows is for real, or just a beneficiary of his level of competition.  I guess Florida is for real after all, but I think the LSU manages them.

Colorado 27, Oregon 17

Just spent five days in Colorado.  Something like that HAS to rub off.  As an irrelevant aside, my dog the music critic pissed on the John Denver Sanctuary (cool park, by the way) sign in Aspen.  Haven’t been this proud of him since he similarly relieved himself on the Jefferson Davis Memorial Highway marker in Texas. I have zero tolerance for Lost Cause Revisioninsm. Also unrelatedly, took Benji out for a late night poop in Durango only to see a gigantic (or so it seemed) vicious (or so it seemed) black bear sitting in front of the door six rooms down.  Note I did not say who was doing the late night poop.

Purdue 27, Maryland 17

There are teams that start the season well “right the ship” when winning after a two game losing streak.  Maryland played Rutgers.

Minnesota 27, Nebraska 24

Minnesota still has not lost yet.  Nebraska has not impressed yet.

Baylor 27, Texas Tech 24

Swap “Baylor” and “Texas Tech” for “Minnesota” and “Nebraska” above.

the Boise State University 35, Hawai’I 10

Have we found our Group of Five representative? At USU may be the toughest game left.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: October 10, 2019, 04:42:33 PM »

... until you hold a grudge for at least 53 years, you got nothin'.

This made me smile
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: October 10, 2019, 04:45:08 PM »

I have zero tolerance for Lost Cause Revisioninsm.

What is John Denver trying to revise?
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: October 10, 2019, 06:34:43 PM »

I have zero tolerance for Lost Cause Revisioninsm.

What is John Denver trying to revise?
His flight plan.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: October 11, 2019, 12:45:39 PM »

Nice touch on Monday night from Nick Bosa.
Baker Mayfield commented that it was a long time for Bosa to hold a grudge.
I missed whatever this was about, but until you hold a grudge for at least 53 years, you got nothin'.

I think it was the planting of the flag. LOL
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: October 11, 2019, 01:53:07 PM »

TOP 25 slate for WEEK 7

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/scoreboard/top25/

Picks (vs spread) to come

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: October 11, 2019, 01:56:40 PM »

TOP 25 slate for WEEK 7

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/scoreboard/top25/

Picks (vs spread) to come

(49-62)

FRIDAY  10/11

(20)VIRGINIA  +2.5   at  Miami

(13)OREGON   -21.5   vs  Colorado

Hairy Lime

• View Profile

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: October 11, 2019, 03:13:14 PM »

Michigan State 19, Wisconsin 30

Unlike THE, Wisconsin’s offense is very run heavy, with little threat from the passing game. Still, the Badgers are very good at it. I'm still waiting for the Spartan offense to be very good at anything.

Alabama 45, Texas A&M 17

Bama's defense is sporting what? 4 true freshmen now? Even for THE Tide that's hard to do and still be elite.

Oklahoma 42, Texas 38

I'll go with Steve's score on this and the outcome. This may be the game where Hurts rips off some big gainers. The game changing kind that is.

Michigan 241, Illinois 0

No faith in the Methchicken offensives, but the defense is legitimate.  That’s seven field goals, by the way. You could have just said the last part Stevo, Illinois is bad.

Clemson 25, the Florida State University 27

Upset.

Notre Dame 30, USC 26

Urban Meyer will never coach again. Of course I said that about Art Briles. ND is a very good team. Maybe the best one loss team in the nation. Although that will change after Saturday.

Penn State 29, Iowa 17

The Lions are sloooowly getting better.

LSU 29, Florida 31

Burrows is for real, he'll get drafted in the first round. All indications point to the Tigers winning this game. So I'll pick the Gators anyways. On thing is for sure the loser gets to supplant Notre Dame as the best one loss team in the nation. Assuming Oklahoma wins.

Colorado 26, Oregon 30

Oregon should be winning better than they are. But they aren't. WTF?

Purdue 27, Maryland 17

I said it last week, who cares? 

Minnesota 27, Nebraska 24

See above.

Baylor 27, Texas Tech 24

Swap “Baylor” and “Texas Tech” for “Minnesota” and “Nebraska” above.  Better yet swap them for a copy Herbie Mann Battle Hymn of the Republic and you'd still be making out.

Boise State 35, Hawaii 27

Boise is still one of the best non-power five programs out there.

Georgia 32, South Carolina 17:

The Cocks have a decent defense maybe they'll hang for awhile.

Arizona St 33, Wash St 34

It will be interesting how Leach's method of tough love works.

Wake Forest 29, Louisville 27

Wake Forest, remember Purpledad? The Deacs are undefeated and at home. Go Deacs!

What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: October 11, 2019, 03:50:49 PM »

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2019/10/10/ncaa-vacates-umhb-football-s-2016-national-championship?ref=article_preview_img

You wanna beat the Mount you gotta cheat.

I guess the NCAA realizes it is going to have to flex its muscles at a much lower level since it is about to lose its grip entirely on FBS teams.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: October 11, 2019, 03:53:50 PM »

Notre Dame 30, USC 26

Closer than the "experts" think, eh?

man...anything could happen, but  I have  ND 35 - USC 21

(went back and looked at my calcs--that first pick was my memory of my UW score pick.  This one is probably worse)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 02:08:38 PM by TrojanHorse »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: October 11, 2019, 04:34:03 PM »

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2019/10/10/ncaa-vacates-umhb-football-s-2016-national-championship?ref=article_preview_img

You wanna beat the Mount you gotta cheat.

I guess the NCAA realizes it is going to have to flex its muscles at a much lower level since it is about to lose its grip entirely on FBS teams.
Listen, the temporary use of a 12 year old Subaru is the type of inducement that would lure anyone.  Got to stomp on behavior like that.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: October 11, 2019, 04:45:05 PM »

Georgia 38, South Carolina 10

Don't see it as close, because I do not see the Cacks putting up .ore than two scores.

the Arizona State 35, the Washington State 28

Home field, I guess, but our weather is pretty pleasant this time of year.

Awake For Rest 24, Louisville 13

Forgot the Purple was unbeaten and in first place in the South Atlantic League's Kind of Actually Near the Atlantic Division. For now. Louisville went bad quicker than a banana in the sunshine.
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 329