Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250206 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #3195 on: December 06, 2019, 01:35:41 PM »

I know they haven't dicked Utah yet, I'm just wondering the rationale for dicking them. Too many cupcakes in the PAC, strength of frosting. etc.
They have not beaten a team in the Playoff Ranking top 25. And Bud Wilkerson never coached there.

As I am sure trojan will appreciate, the full genius of Larry Scott will be on display tonight, as the PAWCP have the night to themselves, unencumbered by bothersome fans in attendance or watching at home.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: December 06, 2019, 01:41:51 PM »

I know they haven't dicked Utah yet, I'm just wondering the rationale for dicking them. Too many cupcakes in the PAC, strength of frosting. etc.

If anything the Committee has shown a lot of of love for Utah, a team with consistent strong performances but no top 25 wins. The Utes are5th, one spot out of the playoffs with Georgia(3top 25 wins) sitting fourth.
Utah wins the Pac12 and LSU beats the ‘ dawgs the Utes are in.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: December 06, 2019, 01:47:06 PM »

They have not beaten a team in the Playoff Ranking top 25. And Bud Wilkerson never coached there.

Clemson only can play who Dabo wants them to play.

oh you meant...

NM

Whoever is #2 and presumably playing Clemson at #3 got a helluva road to a trophy.

If the favs win out there is going to be some serious politicking for the #1 spot.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: December 06, 2019, 01:51:40 PM »

It would seem that way.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: December 06, 2019, 01:53:30 PM »

If anything the Committee has shown a lot of of love for Utah, a team with consistent strong performances but no top 25 wins. The Utes are5th, one spot out of the playoffs with Georgia(3top 25 wins) sitting fourth.
What if LSU beats Georgia, Utah is less than impressive in beating Oregon and Oklahoma destroys Baylor?  If each ranking is supposed to be different, does Utah's number 5 and Oklahoma's number 6 then matter?
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: December 06, 2019, 01:57:45 PM »

Clemson only can play who Dabo wants them to play.

oh you meant...

NM

Whoever is #2 and presumably playing Clemson at #3 got a helluva road to a trophy.

If the favs win out there is going to be some serious politicking for the #1 spot.
Gotta beat ClemSIN eventually to win the title.  I am hoping for OSU and ClemSIN in the Fiesta. I think I can get a couple of the tickets they reserve to sell locally.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: December 06, 2019, 01:59:30 PM »

What if LSU beats Georgia, Utah is less than impressive in beating Oregon and Oklahoma destroys Baylor?  If each ranking is supposed to be different, does Utah's number 5 and Oklahoma's number 6 then matter?
I think the 4 spot is way more open than RedJimm thinks it is.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: December 06, 2019, 02:29:42 PM »

Each ranking is not “supposed” to be different. Each week presents more info to sort through but that does not guarantee a different outcome.
Utah, without a top 25 win, is already ahead of Oklahoma who has a win over ranked Baylor.  I don’t think another win over Baylor can push the Sooners past Utah.
Georgia takes at least 4th with a win over LSU.
A loss, in my opinion, puts a Pac12 Champion Utah into 4th place.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: December 06, 2019, 02:36:44 PM »

"Supposed to be different" means exactly as you defined it.  Meaning that because Utah is ahead of Oklahoma today if both win it doesn't mean they will be tomorrow.  I again think (assuming a Georgia loss) that a less than impressive Utah win over Oregon coupled with an impressive Oklahoma  win over Baylor makes it a very close call.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: December 06, 2019, 02:53:49 PM »

Each ranking is not “supposed” to be different. Each week presents more info to sort through but that does not guarantee a different outcome.
Utah, without a top 25 win, is already ahead of Oklahoma who has a win over ranked Baylor.  I don’t think another win over Baylor can push the Sooners past Utah.
I hope you are right, but Oklahoma if they beat Baylor will have 3 wins over Top 25 teams to Utah's 1. And in terms of additional data points, Baylor is ranked 6 spots above Oregon.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: December 06, 2019, 02:59:48 PM »

"Supposed to be different" means exactly as you defined it.
Not if you include my entire quote]
I don’t dispute your view has merit. But you asked a question and I gave my opinion.   

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: December 06, 2019, 03:08:14 PM »

I hope you are right, but Oklahoma if they beat Baylor will have 3 wins over Top 25 teams to Utah's 1. And in terms of additional data points, Baylor is ranked 6 spots above Oregon.
The way I read the Committee it has already put Utah ( 0 top 25 wins) ahead of Oklahoma (2 top 25 wins). I just wonder how another Sooner win over the Bears would make the Committee swap the two.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: December 06, 2019, 04:10:34 PM »

The 6 slot difference between Baylor and Oregon? If Oklahoma has a statement win and Utah struggles in what promises to be crappy weather?

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: December 06, 2019, 04:47:29 PM »

I haven't been keeping up with College ball, but its time to engage, so whats the rationale for dicking Utah and keeping them out of the big dance?

They lost to Oregon? I mean, if they lose to Oregon. If they win over Oregon it seems like the Committee might have them fast-tracked to take the 4th spot. Assuming LSU takes care of business.

But if Georgia upsets the apple cart? Hmmm. Well, me personally I'd once again have two SEC teams in there. And as I've done in the past I'd base it on who LSU lost to and who Utah lost to. And who Oklahoma lost to. Now if Utah puts a pasting on Oregon I might think differently. But even still LSU has faced 5 Top 25 teams and Utah 2. With LSU going 4-1 and Utah going 2-0.

I just don't see how Utah slides in. Unless they paste Oregon and LSU gets slammed by Georgia. But hey, it's an opinion.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: December 06, 2019, 04:55:17 PM »

And I think Oregon is going to beat Utah anyways.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 329