Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250277 times)

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #3390 on: December 28, 2019, 10:22:17 PM »

All running backs must run assbackwards if the rule was enforced on both sides of the ball.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: December 28, 2019, 10:30:20 PM »

Every time a runner lowers his head and hits a defenseman he's breaking the targeting rule.

Subjective rule. SUCK RULE. I'll never change my mind on that.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: December 28, 2019, 11:09:10 PM »

He doesn't need to drop his head, which he did, either. Tacklers need to be taught to bring their arms to the party.

No. Your logic is flawed and those that made it. The whole rule is predicated on a perceived fact that defensive players don't have heads on the "top" of their bodies. Which is ludicrous. Offensive runners are allowed to target all the time. The rule is selective and S.U.C.K.S.

The rule sucks. All it takes is a slight sidestep and a shoulder hit becomes a helmet hit. It's a moving target. THE RULE SUCKS!

Chickenshit prejudicial rule against the defense. I demand a recount! Get those people back in here! Turn those machines back on!

Unfortunate but necessary part of today's game
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 11:11:41 PM by kidcarter8 »
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: December 28, 2019, 11:29:31 PM »

Wow.  2 pointer there?

Up 2 now.  Why?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: December 29, 2019, 12:02:06 AM »

great game

great CFBW by Clemson

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: December 29, 2019, 12:04:01 AM »

It's a Beautiful night!!!!

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: December 29, 2019, 12:08:01 AM »

LSU v Clemson

love the Tigers

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: December 29, 2019, 01:08:32 AM »

$

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: December 29, 2019, 01:15:58 AM »

The targeting rule sucks cock. The QB ducked into that hit.
Don't know.if it was a good call or not - they did not show the replay in the stadium - but it sure changed the game. That and the roughing the punter were probably the two most important plays of.the game.

Had a great time. Disappointing end but oh well. We had one ClemSIN fan near us who was so South Carolina, right down to the frayed bill on his ball cap. Worst thing was the The fan right behind use who kept.yelling "Dobbins is a free elf" so much I wanted to PUNCH HIM IN THE FUCKING FACE!

Battle of the bands was a one sided romp. ClemSIN's band was bleh.

Geaux Tigers!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 06:27:38 AM by Hairy Lime »
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: December 29, 2019, 11:43:18 AM »

Don't know.if it was a good call or not - they did not show the replay in the stadium - but it sure changed the game. That and the roughing the punter were probably the two most important plays of.the game.

Had a great time. Disappointing end but oh well. We had one ClemSIN fan near us who was so South Carolina, right down to the frayed bill on his ball cap. Worst thing was the The fan right behind use who kept.yelling "Dobbins is a free elf" so much I wanted to PUNCH HIM IN THE FUCKING FACE!

Geaux Tigers!

Roughing the punter was stupid, they had Clemson backed up and most likely would have gotten good field position. That's on the special teams coach, he fucked up.

As far as targeting they should have left it at launch targeting and then left well enough alone. And yes, many people don't share my opinion I know.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: December 29, 2019, 11:44:59 AM »

Of course the good thing out of all of this is that OSU lost.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: December 29, 2019, 11:52:35 AM »

Went to bed at 11:30, see it turned out well for Clemson. 

BuckNut Targetting thuggery backfires this time. And that was not their only attempt to take Lawrence out.
Mr. "I can't be blocked" #2 BuckNut DE, sure gave a good imitation all night of getting blocked.

ZeroState blew a 16 pt lead, which in the eyes of JumboJimNut means they choked B1G time against the lowly ACC champs.

Beautiful sight watching BuckNut fans blame the officials for missed calls.  Now you know how it feels. (Not saying any calls were wrong, officiating was better than usual for the playoffs).

Steve comes out of his closest as a huge BuckNut fan which I knew he always was.

Congrats, Clemson and JB! Well done. A grateful football nation thanks you!!!
You remain a stupid, stupid man.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: December 29, 2019, 12:11:58 PM »

Geaux Tigers!

Roughing the punter was stupid, they had Clemson backed up and most likely would have gotten good field position. That's on the special teams coach, he fucked up.

As far as targeting they should have left it at launch targeting and then left well enough alone. And yes, many people don't share my opinion I know.
The roughing was inexcusable.

Having seen the replay the problem was not that the The kid targeted Jennifer Lawrence's head, but that he dropped his when going for the tackle. Probably the right call. Waving off the fumble recovery touchdown was.as.wrong is it looked on the Jumhotron. For some reason, that was the only booth reviewed play they showed.

ClemSIN handled Young by doubling him, usually trying to take away the outside rush and forcing him into the guard, or be rolling the action away from him. When he was able to get one on one, he was pressuring Lawrence. The ran passing plays away from him most of the time, and got Lawrence out of the pocket the other way, and downfield as quick as they could, and optioned at him in the run game.

The The player who impressed me most was Okudah. A lot of elite coverage CBs are turn down tacklers. He definitely is not.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: December 29, 2019, 01:23:28 PM »

The official they had on hand for review opinion, rules application confirmed every call that went against tOSU, cap you may not like targeting rule, but it’s irrelevant whether or not Tlaw lowers his head, nothing to do with the application of the rule, whisk you may not like the fact that Dobbins needed to secure the ball for it to be a catch (to the ground), and he didn’t have control of it at all, no catch, no TD, proper application of the rule.

Had I been a tOSU fan in the stands, I would be sure we had gotten jobbed.

But you didn’t.  Fact.  Calls indisputable, period.

And yes, the roughing play was moronic, thanks.

I don’t feel bad for Coach Ryan but he called a near perfect game against our formidable DC.

tOSU did get fatigued and Etienne finally got going and Tlaw was incredible running the ball.

tOSU should have lost 2 players in the targeting play as the second defender grew a punch at Tlaw and tried to unscrew his head.

Dirty.

Dobbins might’ve gotten an ankle as a result but no crocodile tears here.

Helluva game.

Lived up to the USC/UT game where it was hard fought and came down to the last play.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: December 29, 2019, 03:07:13 PM »

The official they had on hand for review opinion, rules application confirmed every call that went against tOSU, cap you may not like targeting rule, but it’s irrelevant whether or not Tlaw lowers his head, nothing to do with the application of the rule, whisk you may not like the fact that Dobbins needed to secure the ball for it to be a catch (to the ground), and he didn’t have control of it at all, no catch, no TD, proper application of the rule.

Had I been a tOSU fan in the stands, I would be sure we had gotten jobbed.

But you didn’t.  Fact.  Calls indisputable, period.

And yes, the roughing play was moronic, thanks.

I don’t feel bad for Coach Ryan but he called a near perfect game against our formidable DC.

tOSU did get fatigued and Etienne finally got going and Tlaw was incredible running the ball.

tOSU should have lost 2 players in the targeting play as the second defender grew a punch at Tlaw and tried to unscrew his head.

Dirty.

Dobbins might’ve gotten an ankle as a result but no crocodile tears here.

Helluva game.

Lived up to the USC/UT game where it was hard fought and came down to the last play.

Yes, I may not like the targeting rule.

Don't get me wrong, I was rooting for Clemson to win. At least I think I was. LOL
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 329