Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250222 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #3435 on: December 31, 2019, 02:52:35 AM »

AssHole of the Year!
I know you are.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: December 31, 2019, 02:57:08 PM »

Well, yes he needs Jesus in his life obvi.
Well, he had better have a word with the complete Trinity before he goes up against LSU.
Especially since the Divinity has been cleared to play for LSU.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: December 31, 2019, 03:11:39 PM »

Nice discussion, no sarcasm, but I think Simmons is better than Young, and he arrived at CLEM to play track at 155 lb., he is now 6’4”, 230, sick, but yeah, it’s on, I think they have a D, but who has scored on us and who haven’t we scored on??

You going to hold us to 24??

Ain’t no fucking way brah...
Interesting post #1.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: December 31, 2019, 03:13:22 PM »

You going to put up 30, ain’t no fucking way brah...
Interesting post #2.

Final.score, 29 - 23. Gotta get me some of what jb was smoking.

Driver125

• View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: December 31, 2019, 06:50:26 PM »

Ward got targeting because he lowered his head into contact. The right call, a stupid play that was more dangerous to himself than Lawrence
Lawerence is like 6’5”-6’6” and close to 250lbs. If he wants to run the ball then he takes the risks that running backs take every time they touch the ball. Besides, this targeting call is one of the biggest pieces of horseshit that they have come up with in many a year. A couple of guys in the replay booth are supposed to discern just exactly what a players intentions were when he moved his head a couple of inches up or down or left to right during a tackle? This is still football, right? Occasionally, it is evident that a person is taking a shot at an unprotected mans head. In that case they should march off a 15 yard penalty. But this bit about throwing a guy out out of the game, merely on the subjective opinion of the people in the replay booth sucks. They have already killed the kickoff as an exciting play in college football, now they want to turn hard hitting into a major foul? Well, I guess there is always flag football.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: December 31, 2019, 11:53:08 PM »

Who cares?  It’s one play.

Happy New Years to you and yours, 2020 huh?,

All the glory...

Cheers gents!!

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: January 01, 2020, 12:08:06 AM »

You going to put up 30, ain’t no fucking way brah...
Interesting post #2.

Final.score, 29 - 23. Gotta get me some of what jb was smoking.

Yes, me too, forgot that but thanks for props, my crooked logic was right on, but
and I look like a Vegas sharp, but if I had that in my 20’s I would be set, better lucky than good but we did cover.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 12:11:54 AM by jbottle »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: January 01, 2020, 05:34:12 AM »

Ward got targeting because he lowered his head into contact. The right call, a stupid play that was more dangerous to himself than Lawrence
Lawerence is like 6’5”-6’6” and close to 250lbs. If he wants to run the ball then he takes the risks that running backs take every time they touch the ball. Besides, this targeting call is one of the biggest pieces of horseshit that they have come up with in many a year. A couple of guys in the replay booth are supposed to discern just exactly what a players intentions were when he moved his head a couple of inches up or down or left to right during a tackle? This is still football, right? Occasionally, it is evident that a person is taking a shot at an unprotected mans head. In that case they should march off a 15 yard penalty. But this bit about throwing a guy out out of the game, merely on the subjective opinion of the people in the replay booth sucks. They have already killed the kickoff as an exciting play in college football, now they want to turn hard hitting into a major foul? Well, I guess there is always flag football.
Intent is irrelevant for targeting. It is a prophylactic rule. You cannot make helmet to helmet contact, you cannot - as Ward did - hit with the crown of the helmet.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: January 01, 2020, 09:19:48 AM »

Unless there is a bye in the system, why should you have to play UGGA or ALA if they didn’t win their Conference, and yeah there are 3 teams that by the end of the year we’re better than everybody else, that same logic means probably 3 of 4 teams probably get smoked in a quarterfinal game, it’s bad tv, and you risk injuring the cream of the crop, and possibly render what they’ve done to that point meaningless.

I like the 4 team format.  I could live with the 5 team playoff with the one 'play-in' game of #4 and #5. How the play-in game fits into the Bowl Schedule I could care less.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: January 01, 2020, 10:07:12 AM »

Adding playoff teams does not make a lot of economic sense either.
The four preliminary games would be two weeks before the Holiday weekend and upsets could deaden the glow of possible Marquee Matchups.
I agree with you on this.   

I have heard a lot of the younger college football announcers arguing for expanded playoffs and frankly their arguments are less than stellar.  This morning...it was either Danny Kannel or Greg McIroy was arguing that the LSU Oklahoma game was a great argument for an expanded playoff.  His line of thinking was that Oklahoma would have been eliminated earlier and this semi-final would have been a better matchup.

How about... there were three teams this year that deserved a shot and it didn't matter who the 4th placeholder was?
I think the official wisdom this year was right for once: there were three elite teams, everyone else was a clear step below. But you do not build an argument about playoffs on a single season. There have been years where there were good arguments for a fifth team not just to get in, but be a threat to win it all - the first year, for example.
Except playoff increases come in sets of four.

No they don't, I've already established that. Please try and keep up.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: January 01, 2020, 10:12:31 AM »

The voice of reason and sanity from the wilderness.

Also good to see you here my friend.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: January 01, 2020, 10:13:38 AM »

Intent is irrelevant for targeting. It is a prophylactic rule. You cannot make helmet to helmet contact, you cannot - as Ward did - hit with the crown of the helmet.

The rule in it's current form sucks dead donkey dick.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: January 01, 2020, 11:44:07 AM »

It is a prophylactic rule.
I’d hire you in an instant to be the broadcast rules’ expert.
Five words to properly put the targeting rule in context.

Driver125

• View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: January 01, 2020, 12:21:30 PM »

Also good to see you here my friend.
Hey, Cap….always good to be talking’ at you. Just trying to put my thoughts in order after that OSU defeat. I guess it’s just the way it goes sometimes. Bucks had their chances for a win. It wasn’t like that 31-0 debacle. Clemson made the plays when they really needed to and OSU did not. Still, that targeting call and the fumble that turned out to be a not fumble after the replay people got through with it sticks in the craw. Those plays were not the complete difference makers but they sure didn’t help. OSU makes one more first down before they punted Clemson down to the 10 yard line and the game is probably over because Clemson never sees the ball again. Yet you have to give credit where credit is due. Clemson marches right down the field with 3 minutes or less left in the game??? Uh—calling the OSU defense….make a stop and it’s on to New Orleans. Just goes to show how difficult it really is to win that National Championship. Clemson played like a steady, veteran outfit and found the ways to win when they needed to and OSU just couldn’t get over that second to last hurdle (Penn State, Michigan, Wisconsin—twice!).
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 329