Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 258663 times)

bosox26d

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #4530 on: June 30, 2022, 05:43:08 PM »

One less sport to watch. The greed in college football has gone over the edge to make the sport unrecognizable  from what it once was. Worship the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4531 on: July 03, 2022, 07:31:03 AM »

As much as I love college sports, I'm afraid I'm leaning towards agreeing with you Bo. But you can also blame the BCS and the current format for the demise of the PAC 10. You can bet your bottom dollar that if neither had come to fruition then the BIG would be protecting their turf. Namely the Rose Bowl. And pulling teams out of the PAC would not be in their best interest. 
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 07:39:54 AM by CaptainCargo »
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4532 on: July 03, 2022, 12:20:30 PM »

I don't keep up as much on minor league football as I used to so I was a little surprised to see USC and UCLA the anchors of West Coast college football want to join the B1G.

So its going to be the B1G versus the SEC for grid-iron supremacy amongst our student-athletes?   

Will the Rose Bowl parade be awarded to the B1G/SEC champion, or just rotated between Birmingham and Columbus?

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #4533 on: July 05, 2022, 07:16:59 PM »

I don't keep up as much on minor league football as I used to so I was a little surprised to see USC and UCLA the anchors of West Coast college football want to join the B1G.

So its going to be the B1G versus the SEC for grid-iron supremacy amongst our student-athletes?   

Will the Rose Bowl parade be awarded to the B1G/SEC champion, or just rotated between Birmingham and Columbus?
Cap I'm hoping I can watch some games where smaller school's don't play it as a blood sport. There are certain multiple people and companies who have ruined it as it was meant to be

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: July 05, 2022, 07:18:27 PM »

Cap I'm hoping I can watch some games where smaller school's don't play it as a blood sport. There are certain multiple people and companies who have ruined it as it was meant to be
Well that was meant to be a reply to Cap but somehow it switched to Bankshot for the money😁😁

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4535 on: July 06, 2022, 11:51:50 AM »

Word in town has ASU heading to the Pure Prairie League with UA, Utah and Colorado.  If that is true, i can see the Big Ten Ten looking at two more teams. I have seen Stanford on the list, but while they are AAU with elite.a ademics, they are a private school with under 20k students and a small stadium. Possible bait for Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie? Also Oregon, which would leave Wash. out to dry.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4536 on: July 06, 2022, 03:38:09 PM »

I keep an eye on several  Div II and Div III teams. I'd love to see some networks pick up the games but if they did then $$$ would start flowing in and the evil might destroy them too.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4537 on: July 06, 2022, 03:39:21 PM »

Word in town has ASU heading to the Pure Prairie League with UA, Utah and Colorado.  If that is true, i can see the Big Ten Ten looking at two more teams. I have seen Stanford on the list, but while they are AAU with elite.a ademics, they are a private school with under 20k students and a small stadium. Possible bait for Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie? Also Oregon, which would leave Wash. out to dry.

I hear Oregon is actively asking to join the Big 12.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4538 on: July 06, 2022, 03:49:22 PM »

I hear Oregon is actively asking to join the Big 12.
Possible. Especially if the Big Ten Ten is dragging their feet waiting on OLotPT to defecate or get off the pot. Apparently Oregon is a bit of a tweener in terms of additional revenue. If other schools are leaving the old PAWCP it is time to check your chute and look for a soft landing spot before the Mountain West is your best option.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #4539 on: July 06, 2022, 05:00:17 PM »

One more reason to hate on Larry Scott
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4540 on: July 06, 2022, 05:33:32 PM »

One more reason to hate on Larry Scott
Welcome to the BiG old friend!

You are going to love Madison in late November!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 06:54:57 PM by Hairy Lime »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4541 on: July 08, 2022, 07:22:46 PM »

Anybody paying attention to the laws of California?

A number of away games in the B1G Midwest heartland will occur in states that California has officially condemned for not having suitably leftist social policies. The 20 states currently on the sanctions list are now due to become 22, under a 2016 state law called AB 1887. A reasonable person might figure that Americans in other states generally ought to be free to make up their own minds about local policies. A reasonable person might also consider the possibility that if 22 other states and counting do not  choose to mimic California law on such topics as transgender policy, perhaps it is California law that ought to be improved.

In any case, the California condemnations have consequences. The UCLA website states:

The California Attorney General office has updated the list of states where state funds may NOT be used for travel. Indiana and Utah are the latest states to be added.
As of July 1, 2022, there are now 20 states where AB 1887 prohibits the use of state funds to pay for travel to a state on the Attorney General list, except where one of the statutory exceptions applies. It does not affect travel that is paid for or reimbursed using nonstate funds.
The following two states, Louisiana and Arizona, will be added to California travel restrictions list as listed below.
Alabama
Arkansas
Florida
Idaho
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
West Virginia
Louisiana (will be added on Aug 1, 2022)

Hmmmm.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4542 on: July 11, 2022, 09:27:49 AM »

It will get the message to the fans in the heartland that their states are governed by evil and corrupt asses when the opponents boycott them like white apartheid South Africa before it collapsed.

The only sports ward is qualified to comment on are hockey and topless equestrian events.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: July 11, 2022, 07:34:35 PM »

Anybody paying attention to the laws of California?

A number of away games in the B1G Midwest heartland will occur in states that California has officially condemned for not having suitably leftist social policies. The 20 states currently on the sanctions list are now due to become 22, under a 2016 state law called AB 1887. A reasonable person might figure that Americans in other states generally ought to be free to make up their own minds about local policies. A reasonable person might also consider the possibility that if 22 other states and counting do not  choose to mimic California law on such topics as transgender policy, perhaps it is California law that ought to be improved.

In any case, the California condemnations have consequences. The UCLA website states:

The California Attorney General office has updated the list of states where state funds may NOT be used for travel. Indiana and Utah are the latest states to be added.
As of July 1, 2022, there are now 20 states where AB 1887 prohibits the use of state funds to pay for travel to a state on the Attorney General list, except where one of the statutory exceptions applies. It does not affect travel that is paid for or reimbursed using nonstate funds.
The following two states, Louisiana and Arizona, will be added to California travel restrictions list as listed below.
Alabama
Arkansas
Florida
Idaho
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Mississippi
Montana
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
West Virginia
Louisiana (will be added on Aug 1, 2022)

Hmmmm.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Just say no to drugs dude

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: July 23, 2022, 09:02:45 AM »

Personally I think we ALL need a bit of a timeout.
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 329