Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 258716 times)

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #4710 on: November 12, 2022, 08:29:47 PM »

Bama's OL run blocking is killing them.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4711 on: November 15, 2022, 02:44:32 PM »

Georgia 35, Kentucky 10

Of all of the teams, it is Georgia that I think is an absolute lock for the playoffs. I suppose there is always the theoretic chance that they could lose in advance of the God apostrophe s Conference Championship, but it is pretty much equally theoretically possible I will be able to bang Cecily Strong for Christmas. Kentucky has had a nice year, but they just lost to Vanderbilt. VANDERBILT. None of their wins has been against anything with a pulse.

The 52, Maryland 17

For both The and Meatchicken, a win on the 26th is the golden ticket. The loser still has a decent chance of making the playoffs, no matter what RedDickJimmEspn thinks. They will need TCU to lose at least once. As for this game, Maryland does not have the firepower to hang with The. The has some injuries to get over, especially in their offensive back field, but this week should help them get healthy.

Methchicken 35, Illinois 3

Because, think of what the landscape of CFB will look like if TCU loses once. The Increasingly Inaccurately Named Big 10 winner joins Georgia, but who are the other two teams?  You are choosing from a bunch of one loss teams, like Tennessee, TCU, maybe USC, ClemSIN, and for purposes of this blurb and not as a prediction Meatchicken. Tennessee looks pretty safe in this scenario given their one loss to the first seed and they have several wins over quality teams. ClemSIN has a bad loss and at best a win over UNC, TCU will have lost to a team with at least three losses. So Meat is definitely on the menu, boys, especially since the eye test has shown them to be dominant all year. And if it is The instead, they do have that OLotPT win in their pocket. Anyway, the IINBT West is a mess right now. Lord knows who will come out of it to get spanked by the East winner.

Tennessee 42, South Carolina 28

I really think Tennessee is a lock, with that one loss to Georgia and a win over Alabama and a dominant win over LSU. Well, I guess LSU could beat Georgia and theoretically Tennessee could lose one of their last two games, but see the Cecily Strong slash Georgia scenario above. Short of that, they will probably be regarded as the best of the one loss teams even if TCU wins out.

Texas Christian University 38, Baylor 17

I think preseason I may have had Baylor as my Pure Prairie League Champion, and perhaps even into the playoffs. Oh well, as a wise man once noted, often wrong but never in doubt. Except I am constantly plagued by doubt. Anyway, the path for TCU is clear. Win and you are in, lose and we could well have a two Conference playoff ahead of us. I like the idea of new teams like TCU and Tennessee in the playoffs, so cool. Do it Horned Frogs!

The Louisiana State University 52, University of Alabama Birmingham 17

Nice to see LSU stay with the traditional penultimate game cupcake. Their path is also clear. Beat Georgia in the God apostrophe s Conference Championship game. I do not think they can do it, but that is the path.

University of California * 35, University of California ** 20

I have said this before but THIS SHOULD BE THE LAST GAME OF THE YEAR FOR THESE TWO TEAMS. Last game of the year, Oregon plays Oregon State. Washington plays Washington State. Alabama plays Auburn. Old Mississippi plays Old Mississippi State. And UCLA plays Cal. Fucking modernity sucks. Actually, a USC that wins out will present an interesting decision for the committee, since they will add wins over UCLA, OLotPT and Oretah on their resume.

ClemSIN 27, Miami 24

See, even a one loss ClemSIN with a South Atlantic League Championship under its belt will have two issues. They have not really beaten anyone. And they have looked shit doing it. The U has been a disappointment after the first game or so, and I think ClemSIN will win, but they do not fill me with confidence.

North Carolina 38, Georgia Institute of Technology 10

My mind just cannot admit UNC as a contender, and I think even if they win the South Atlantic League title over ClemSIN, they are too far down the ladder to be a serious threat to the other one win teams.

EVENTUAL 2022 GUARANTEED RATE BOWL CHAMPION MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY 27, Indiana 17

Bowl Eligible is not what I was looking for at the start of the year. But this is where we are. Thank goodness for TAMU, as we are not anywhere near the most disappointing team in CFB.

The Pennsylvania State University 35, The State University of New Jersey 10

The PSU may be looking past this game to the Battle for Creations Ugliest Trophy next week. Somehow I doubt it.

Utah 42, Oregon 31

Oregon Bonixing their game against Washington took them out of the playoff picture, but this remains the most impactful game of the non playoff contenders, with the winner taking on USC. Probably. Actually, if my dream scenario is UCLA beat USC, Oregon beats Utah, and then loses to Oregon State. That would give us five two loss in conference teams in a conference that has no divisions and takes the top 2 teams. I am not sure how the tiebreakers shake out in a five way tie, but I assume at some point they just draw names out of a hat. That would be such fun!

North Central 38, Lake Forest 17

Lake Forest Foresters? I am sorry, that is just plain lazy. Fuck them.

Mount Union 50, Salisbury 3

The Mount has not won the D III championship since 2017. That cannot sit will with the boosters. Do D III teams even have boosters?

Mary Hardin, Mary Hardin Baylor 31, Huntington 10

I am not sure where Huntington is, or rather which Huntington this is, so I am just going with West Virginia. Huntington Beach would be cool, though. ***

* Southern

** Los Angeles

*** Nope. Indiana. Not at all cool. Though they have a branch campus in near by Peoria. ****

**** Arizona.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4712 on: November 19, 2022, 10:34:03 PM »

Anyone have Cecily Srrl gas phone number?
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4713 on: November 23, 2022, 12:48:55 PM »

Georgia 27, Georgia Tech 0

Given my blithe comments about Tennessee I probably should not say this but a loss to the Wramblin Reck is inconceivable so Georgia is in no matter what happens in the God apostrophe s Conference Championship game. Tech has been bad since they ditched the wishbone and I do not expect them to put up much of a fight, even in a rivalry game.

The 27, Methchicken 14

The winner of this game is in, like Georgia, regardless of the result of the Increasingly Inaccurately Named Big 10 Championship game. The difference is that, while I can see the LSU beating Georgia, it is much harder to imagine Iowa or whoever else may emerge from the IINB10 West clusterfuck. The big question is what happens to the loser. Of the two, The has a resume that is more likely to withstand a loss and still keep them in contention, but it probably will require SC to lose one of its remaining highly loseable games. Meatchicken has a top flight defense, albeit one that has not been tested against anything like a high powered offense, but is offensively limited should that defense crack and The has the tools to crack any defense. I am not sure if Corum is playing this weekend or not. I am also not sure whether either or the two top The backs are playing, but it matters less with The.

Texas Christian University 35, the Iowa State University 20

TCU, like Meatchicken, barely avoided spitting the bit last weekend, and are win out and in scenario. The interesting thing is what happens to them if they lose. They have played a lot of good teams, the Pure Prairie League is positively lousy with good teams, but no great ones. While Georgia, The or Meatchicken is likely in the playoffs even if they lose their respective championship game, I think TCU is going to need to win their championship game against either KSU or Texas. the ISU has been the cellar dweller all year, and I do not see them pulling out of their tail spin.

University of California* 31, Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie 27

I am tempted to think the Trojenz are in if they win out as well, now that Tennessee is out of the picture, but the Committee has LSU ranked ahead of them right now and while I realize each week the Committee starts anew, that edge may not go away if the additional information the Committee has on LSU is that they beat Georgia. Still, the committee has never put a two loss team in the playoffs so I am holding out hope for USC. SC in the playoffs would require wins over OLotPT and Oregon I think, lord but the jungle PAWCP playoff system has created a weird range of interesting scenaria, both if whom are pretty highly rated. A one loss God apostrophe s Conference team is always a threat to jump a one loss Conference Champion, but it is harder to envision a team with the type of resume the Trojenz will have put together getting jumped by, say, Michigan or a two loss GasC champ. Anyway, since what appeared to be a season sinking loss to Stanford OLotPT has added a couple of nice wins. They are a threat to SC, but I will take SC.

the Louisiana State University 31, Texas A and M 20

The wrinkle is the real chance that the LSU beats Georgia in the God apostrophe s Championship Game. While I know Cap disagrees with me on this, I think the Committee has been reasonably consistent in how it judges teams. They do not view a one loss team as the equivalent of an unbeaten team, or a two loss team the equivalent of a one loss team, even when the two loss team has the head to head and a conference championship. Think the Committee taking 11 and 1 The over 11 and 2  the PSU a few years ago. Assume the IINB10 East Champion wins its Championship game and TCU wins out. Those two unbeatens will get in. I think Georgia gets in as well. That leaves a two loss the LSU against potentially a one loss conference champion USC or ClemSIN, and an interesting conundrum for the Committee. Is their GasC hard on so great that they would decide to take a two loss LSU over a USC with a strong resume? Anyway, the glare from the dumpster fire in College Station these days helps distract me from whatever the fuck happened in the second half last week, which I did not see and which I have no desire to check up on. How is a team that has recruited as well as TAMU become this bad? They do still have talent, though, so the LSU cannot sleep on this game.

ClemSIN 31, South Carolina 17

I suppose there is a theoretical possibility that ClemSIN can get in. Maybe SC losing, Georgia beating the LSU, Meatchicken getting blown out by The but not the other way around. But they really needed UNC to come into the South Atlantic League Championship game with one loss and UNC chose not to cooperate. ClemSIN just has not beaten anyone of note all year because they have played no one of note all year. SoCar may be the best team they play outside of OLotPT. SoCar did increase my chances of the Cecily Strong scenario happening, but I cannot see them doing it again.

That I think is the end of the rationally based Championship scenarios. Most likely four of these five teams, Georgia, The, Meatchicken, TCU, Cal * get in, with ClemSIN and LSU holding more remote shots. I am predicting Georgia, The and TCU in as unbeatens, with USC in as a one loss champion. That makes two teams into the playoffs who have never been there before, which is great for CFB.

the Pennsylvania State University 35, EVENTUAL 2023 2024 NATIONAL CHAMPION MICHIGAN STATE 14

I cannot pretend to be anything but disappointed. At least my holiday schedule is free.

Iowa 18, Nebraska 14

That, for those doing the math, is nine safeties from Iowa. This would put them in the championship game against a team they have already either handily lost to or been blown out by. That they are in the hunt makes a real statement about how bad the West has been this year.  If they lose this, the most likely replacement is Purdue, although since the possibility of both Iowa and Purdue losing is very real Illinois cannot be discounted. In the highly amusing and hoped for chance that Iowa, Purdue and Illinois all lose, I think the tie breaker gives the Championship ticket to Northwestern, just for shits and giggles.

the Kansas State 31, Kansas 17

The KSU is in the PPL championship game against TCU with either a win here or a Texas loss. Kansas has been a nice story, going from down trodden to bowl eligible, but they have lost 5 of 6 since starting the season with five straight wins. KSU with three losses is the best scenario for TCU, and it looks to happen.

Alabama 42, Auburn 17

I have seen articles that mention a playoff chance for Alabama, but I cannot imagine the Committee has that much of a hard on for Alabama. There will be a couple one loss power five teams vying for that last spot, and I cannot see the Committee leaping them for Alabama.

Oregon 35, Oregon State 27

I am not sure if Bo Nix is going to play. I am also not sure how if that is a positive or a negative for Oregon. The scenaria for the PAWCP playoffs is even more whack that the ones for the IINB10 West. This is the most straight forward possibility. They are in with a win, or a Washington loss. The other OSU has had a nice season and the home field.

Washington 31, the Washington State 28

Washington needs a win over Wazzu and an Oregon loss AND a loss by either UCLA or Utah. Utah needs to beat Colorado, have Oregon win, Washington Win, and Cal beat UCLA. I think best chance Wazzu has is Washington getting lost on the way to the most Godforsaken Power 5 outpost of Pullman, but you never know with rivalry games.

Maryland 21, Rutgers 14

Is Baby Tags playing? If I gave a damn I would look it up, but I do not so I did not.

North Central 42, Carnegie Mellon 10

Have you ever had a Carnegie Mellon? It has orange flesh and a pleasant aroma, but it tastes like Pittsburgh. Pass.

Mary Hardin Mary Hardin Baylor 45, Trinity 10

Possibly true interesting Christmas potential fact. In 325, at the Council of Nicaea, Constantine the Great briefly imprisoned Santa Claus ** after he punched a fellow delegate, supposedly Arias, in the face during a debate over whether Christ was begotten or made. Santa and his side prevailed in the debate, Arianism was declared a heresy, and the concept of the trinity adhered to by most mainline Christian churches and affirmed in the Nicaean Creed was solidified. Violence can be persuasive! Not that this has anything to do with this game.

Mount Union 49, Attica 3

No, it is Utica, but Attica is more fun. Hard to imagine Pacino shouting Utica! Utica! Utica! It will not be an underdog day afternoon, though.

* Southern

** That is, the historic St. Nicholas of Myra.

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #4714 on: November 26, 2022, 03:46:03 PM »

Alas, poor brutus😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4715 on: November 26, 2022, 03:46:20 PM »

Nut punch.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4716 on: November 26, 2022, 06:54:29 PM »

This is the worst tackling Nick Saban defense I've ever seen. I mean they suck.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4717 on: November 27, 2022, 08:03:22 AM »

Kudos to the University of Michigan leaders who did not give up on Jim Harbaugh when his teams were struggling against tOSU.  Yesterday he won The Game second year in a row.  He did it with a scrambling quarterback, ala the Buckeyes did it to him in the past.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4718 on: November 27, 2022, 09:55:57 AM »

This is the worst tackling Nick Saban defense I've ever seen. I mean they suck.
I missed the Iron Bowl, but it seems impossible that the Bama tackling was worse then Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie. I mean, yeah Williams is special but OLotPT was whiffing on everyone.

So four teams are win and in. I continue to believe Georgia is definitely in and Methchicken almost definitely in even with a loss in their respective championship games. I can conceive of LSU beating Georgia, but a three loss team is not jumping a one loss USC. I will be rooting hard for Purdue, of course, but that one is not happening.

Both TCU and USC have tough games, but both KSU and Utah are three loss teams. With The and Alabama hanging right behind them, it will be interesting to see what happens if one or both lose.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4719 on: November 27, 2022, 12:30:02 PM »

I think Williams won the Heisman last night
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4720 on: November 27, 2022, 12:57:39 PM »

I think Williams won the Heisman last night
Well, yes, especially with Stroud sucking and Corum sitting. Hooker got rolled out last week.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4721 on: November 27, 2022, 02:52:47 PM »

Heisman voting is complicated since each voter has can name three players and rank them.
I-2-3.  (870 media types and 60 or so former winners)
There are about 40 players on average yearly that get votes.
The media people are split among 6 regions, but historically the west coast players suffer a hardship because their games are seen at night in the Midwest and East and to smaller tv audiences.
But Williams did shine in Prime Time last night over Notre Dame.
And the Pac12 Title game this Friday (USC/Utah)  at 8pm EST is the only power five game being played that night.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4722 on: November 27, 2022, 03:53:40 PM »

Luke Fickell to Wisconsin.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4723 on: November 27, 2022, 10:23:41 PM »

Luke Fickell to Wisconsin.
Smart hire. He was our first choice when Dantonio bailed in 2020, but he decided he did not want to jump jobs that late.

Meanwhile ASU has hired John Dillermand, or something like that.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4724 on: November 27, 2022, 10:24:46 PM »

Here is a quarter, call someone who gives a shit.
I give a shit, but I will not be taking his call.
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 329