Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250183 times)

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #405 on: September 16, 2018, 05:27:34 PM »

No hypocrisy, except for yours. Dichotomous was your latest attempt to be, try to be I should say, clever. Your cleverness got shoved down your whiney mouth. Not my fault, your fault. That and your 'my shit don't stink' mantra hypocrisy.

I suppose being the asshole you insist on being at times, you just can't help opening your big yap and then getting slapped around for it. Again though not my fault. Some day maybe you'll learn to keep quiet, although I doubt it. ;=)

But I suppose I'll forgive your arrogance yet again so no worries bra. 

« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 05:34:59 PM by CaptainCargo »
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 16, 2018, 08:15:40 PM »

Week 3 Notes;

Another 3rd string OSU QB now a LSU signal caller ( Jeaux Burrow) hits clutch passes on last minute drive and watches fellow transfer Cole Tracy (Assumption College)boot a 42 yard walk-off field goal to secure a top ten ranking in the AP poll. Ed Ogeron has an offense and his 3rd win against a top ten opponent since taking over at LSU. He is now tied in that department with Nick and Urban.

Florida State secures the number 5 spot in rankings of Florida teams.
Look for Nick, Urban, and Dabo to raid the  Sunshine State for even more recruits.

Akron beat Northwestern for its first win against a ( future) Big Ten team (Ohio State) since 1894.
For the day the Big Ten lost seven nonconference games to unranked teams for the first time in the history of the AP Poll (since 1936).

Boston College has scored at least 40 points in an ACC game five times. Four of those five are in BC’s past six conference games.
Might want to mark down November 10 as it could be the key ACC game of the year, Clemson @ BC. 

North Texas is 3-0 for the first time since 1989 and beat an SEC team ( Arkansas) for the first time since 1975.  The final score in the 44-17 rout was a classic. 

https://youtu.be/CLtvtvUj-aU

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 16, 2018, 10:14:33 PM »

No hypocrisy, except for yours. Dichotomous was your latest attempt to be, try to be I should say, clever. Your cleverness got shoved down your whiney mouth. Not my fault, your fault. That and your 'my shit don't stink' mantra hypocrisy.

I suppose being the asshole you insist on being at times, you just can't help opening your big yap and then getting slapped around for it. Again though not my fault. Some day maybe you'll learn to keep quiet, although I doubt it. ;=)

You seem peeved. Perhaps some warm cocoa. Maybe a cookie.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 17, 2018, 03:03:35 AM »

I'm still in awe how Austin Peay pissed all over Morehead State

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 17, 2018, 10:13:17 AM »

You seem peeved. Perhaps some warm cocoa. Maybe a cookie.

Yep.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 17, 2018, 10:57:14 AM »

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24700294/lsu-jumps-no-6-rankings-wisconsin-tumbles-top-10

LSU has another game manager QB, a retread from OSU. A lot of folks are pointing to that being the turning point for the Tigers. But IMO they are completely overlooking the work of LSU's OL. They are the men responsible for keeping Burrows, more of a game manager than anything else, clean Saturday against a formidable Auburn DL that took Washington's OL apart in week 1. The LSU defense is stout as always.

Some Week 3 team stats.

Alabama leads to nation in Offensive ppg at 56.7

Stanford leads the nation in Defensive ppg at 7.7

The SEC has 10 teams in the Top 25 in Scoring Defense.

Texas Tech leads the nation in YPG at 624

The aforementioned North Texas leads the nation in Interceptions with 9.

Believe it or not Oklahoma State leads the nation in sacks with 16.

Tua Tagovailoa leads the nation in Qbr at 98.3

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 17, 2018, 12:06:38 PM »

https://n.rivals.com/news/three-point-stance-saturday-shine-and-shame-willie-taggart

Ohio State's defense – The defense came up big when it was needed in the win over TCU with two defensive touchdowns. The front four is just a shade less talented than Clemson's but is one of the most dangerous units in the country.

Dwayne Haskins Ohio State – Haskins is a true Heisman candidate who has a great arm and has been taking care of the football very well.

Joe Burrow LSU, His completion percentage isn’t good but this kid is a winner and did just enough to lead his team down for the winning score against Auburn.

Alabama's passing game – The Crimson Tide have become one of the most dangerous offenses in the country and Jerry Jeudy is next in line when it comes to Florida receivers starring in Tuscaloosa.

Clemson's running game – The Tigers can kill you in so many different ways. The opponent wasn’t a good one but the running game was still very impressive and carried the day.

Georgia's efficiency – Jake Frommis completing a ridiculous amount of his passes, the running game is as effective as last year and the Bulldogs honestly look like the same exact team that went to the title game.

Kyler Murray, Oklahoma – He continues to feel comfortable in the offense and the Sooners haven’t missed a beat despite the departure of Baker Mayfield. That is amazing.

BYU's running game – The Cougars gashed a tough Wisconsin defense all game long en route to the upset of the weekend. I haven’t seen many teams push Wisconsin around on offense like BYU did. 

Washington – A big win in a tough environment. Myles Gaskin came alive and they did just enough in the passing game and on defense for a hard fought victory.

Syracuse – The Orange had their way with Florida State on offense and defense. The game never seemed to be in question.

Trace McSorley, Penn State – Whether it’s by air or on the ground, he finds a way to win and continues to impress. Yes the competition was awful, but this kid continues to show all the intangibles of a great quarterback.

Taylor Cornelius, Oklahoma State – There was supposed to be a big drop off from Mason Rudolp to Cornelius but there hasn’t been one. He’s been very effective and was the key on offense in a huge win over Boise State.

Donovan Peoples-Jones, Michigan – Three touchdown catches in a great game. He’s starting to develop that chemistry with Shea Patterson.

Texas – How about those Longhorns? After a loss to Maryland and a squeaker against Tulsa, they come out and dominated USC in so many ways. Could this be a turning point victory?

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 17, 2018, 12:06:51 PM »

Alabama is starting to make people who did not pick them as #1 look very stupid.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 17, 2018, 12:23:02 PM »

https://n.rivals.com/news/three-point-stance-saturday-shine-and-shame-willie-taggart

Ohio State's defense – The defense came up big when it was needed in the win over TCU with two defensive touchdowns. The front four is just a shade less talented than Clemson's but is one of the most dangerous units in the country.

Dwayne Haskins Ohio State – Haskins is a true Heisman candidate who has a great arm and has been taking care of the football very well.

Joe Burrow LSU, His completion percentage isn’t good but this kid is a winner and did just enough to lead his team down for the winning score against Auburn.
I think we saw why Meyer went with Haskins, and why Barrow was in contention to start.

Alabama's passing game – The Crimson Tide have become one of the most dangerous offenses in the country and Jerry Jeudy is next in line when it comes to Florida receivers starring in Tuscaloosa.

Clemson's running game – The Tigers can kill you in so many different ways. The opponent wasn’t a good one but the running game was still very impressive and carried the day.
Given that defense, and specifically that defensive line, ClemSIN's ability to run the ball might make some of the questions about the QB position irrelevant. Well, that and the South Atlantic League not really having an elite level second team. Jesus, Florida State....

Georgia's efficiency – Jake Frommis completing a ridiculous amount of his passes, the running game is as effective as last year and the Bulldogs honestly look like the same exact team that went to the title game.

Kyler Murray, Oklahoma – He continues to feel comfortable in the offense and the Sooners haven’t missed a beat despite the departure of Baker Mayfield. That is amazing.
ISU had been a thorn in OK's hide. Be interesting to see that OK - TCU game.

BYU's running game – The Cougars gashed a tough Wisconsin defense all game long en route to the upset of the weekend. I haven’t seen many teams push Wisconsin around on offense like BYU did. 
They need to go back to the old scheduling rubric at Wisky. Cupcake, cupcake, cupcake. Right now, I am not sure who the class of the West is - maybe still Wisky - but it is looking more and more like the four best teams in the Big 10 are in the East.

Washington – A big win in a tough environment. Myles Gaskin came alive and they did just enough in the passing game and on defense for a hard fought victory.

Syracuse – The Orange had their way with Florida State on offense and defense. The game never seemed to be in question.

Trace McSorley, Penn State – Whether it’s by air or on the ground, he finds a way to win and continues to impress. Yes the competition was awful, but this kid continues to show all the intangibles of a great quarterback.

Taylor Cornelius, Oklahoma State – There was supposed to be a big drop off from Mason Rudolp to Cornelius but there hasn’t been one. He’s been very effective and was the key on offense in a huge win over Boise State.

Donovan Peoples-Jones, Michigan – Three touchdown catches in a great game. He’s starting to develop that chemistry with Shea Patterson.

Texas – How about those Longhorns? After a loss to Maryland and a squeaker against Tulsa, they come out and dominated USC in so many ways. Could this be a turning point victory?
Maybe USC is not what we thought they were. Did they let Helton on the plane?

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 17, 2018, 02:30:23 PM »

Word on Tua, even an AUB fan has to be all GEE WHIZ.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 17, 2018, 06:22:28 PM »

LSU has another game manager QB, a retread from OSU.
Guess this ESPN guy never uses a dictionary.

re·tread
verb
rēˈtred
put a new tread on (a worn tire).

noun
ˈrēˌtred
a tire that has been given a new tread.

Last year Burrow was not on the Buckeye depth chart at QB but rose to third by the end of the year. In two seasons he saw mopup action in all of seven games.
In effect LSU got a brand new tire, not a retread. (and OSU graduate)

As for being a game manager check out his 4th quarter heroics at Auburn.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 17, 2018, 06:38:51 PM »

re·tread
verb
rēˈtred

noun
ˈrēˌtred

Last year Burrow was not on the Buckeye depth chart at QB but rose to third by the end of the year. In two seasons he saw mopup action in all of seven games.

Heroics thanks to that OL. Washington couldn't stop those guys but the Auburn DL got mostly stonewalled by the Bayou Bengals big guys up front. Burrows self admittedly said he didn't have a good day but his OL kept him asically clean all game.

As to the retread thing, if it makes you feel good okie dokie Skipster have it your way.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 17, 2018, 07:54:59 PM »

re·tread
verb
rēˈtred

noun
ˈrēˌtred

As to the retread thing, if it makes you feel good okie dokie Skipster have it your way.
Ask Ogeron, not me.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 17, 2018, 11:42:13 PM »

It took 15 years, but it looks like Steve's old PAWCP label finally fits.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 18, 2018, 09:02:25 AM »

re·tread
verb
rēˈtred

noun
ˈrēˌtred

Ask Ogeron, not me.

Never asked you anything in the first place. Just placating you.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 329