Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3869 3870 [3871] 3872 3873 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1638745 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #58050 on: November 24, 2020, 12:07:37 PM »

If we get all the conservative justices together at the trump hotel, they’ll all be dead from disease in a couple of weeks. That place is a cess pit. Faulty management is widely held to blame.

I'm not a big fan of murder, which that would be. Why do you suggest such things?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:12:32 PM by UNO »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #58051 on: November 24, 2020, 12:08:08 PM »

Joe is being given a nice slate.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #58052 on: November 24, 2020, 12:16:43 PM »

A raging pandemic that likely will be at its worst when he is sworn in, a volatile economy, foreign relations that are severely strained, a blowing up of the Pentagon's staff, a Senate whose majority party is concerned only with power itself and not the country it has sworn to serve, a White House that needs disinfecting, racial unrest, and 74 million people who don't think he was truly elected. That's your "nice slate"?

Get the fuck out of your bubble, kid.

You never used to be this stupid, even when you were a Mets fan.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #58053 on: November 24, 2020, 12:22:44 PM »

When Joe is sworn in many of this nation's most vulnerable will have been vaccinated.

Let's hope Joe shelves those plans to alter (hinder) distribution.

I think he will.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #58054 on: November 24, 2020, 12:23:29 PM »

Donald Trump has entered the Norma Desmond phase of his presidency.

Desmond, you'll recall, was the character at the heart of Sunset Boulevard, Billy Wilder's classic 1950 film noir — a has-been silent movie star pining for the long-gone attention of the masses, living in a crumbling-but-ostentatious mansion, given company mostly by the sycophants and enablers on her payroll, scheming constantly about how to return to the spotlight. When it becomes clear that will not happen, that she has been living out a fantasy, she lashes out destructively.

And at the end, when it comes time for her to leave her mansion, Desmond is convinced to do so only when promised that she is, at long last, taking center stage once again.

"You see, this is my life! It always will be! Nothing else! Just us, and the cameras, and those wonderful people out there in the dark!" she says, gazing ostentatiously into the lens. "All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up."

Sound at all familiar?

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-stealing-spotlight-trump-cant-110659475.html

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #58055 on: November 24, 2020, 12:32:05 PM »

Fauci: "Help is on the way"

Yes.  We are turning the corner.

Under Trump's watch.  His guidance.  His constant focus

FUCK ME

I saw that post and thought he's tossing out troll bait.

Yup.  I just rolled my eyes and kept scrolling. 
Gotta spot these for what they are and not let it increase your blood pressure. 
Kid gets a kick out of it.

There's another one.
As long as folks keep responding to these - intentionally provocatory posts -- he'll keep tossing them out.
Kid loves seeing his name in quotes.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:43:52 PM by Kam »
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #58056 on: November 24, 2020, 12:37:26 PM »

When Joe is sworn in many of this nation's most vulnerable will have been vaccinated.

42% of Americans say they won't even get a vaccine. There is no national mandate to vaccinate anyone. Vaccine distribution will be left up to each individual state.

So, you can NOT make that assertion.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #58057 on: November 24, 2020, 12:38:08 PM »

kid do you believe 200,000 americans every day getting infected is a clean slate?

or that an economy that is very vulnerable to the ongoing Trumpdemic is a clean slate?

or that 70% of Trumpublicans believe that the election was stolen by 80 million voters is a clean slate?

or that the incoming Biden presidency may be sabotaged by the outgoing president's insane desire to fuck up Biden's ability to govern?

or that Trump will use every ounce of his demonic ill-will to sabotage the Biden presidency for as long as possible?

or that McConnell and his Rep-stooges will stomewall Joe at every turn?

kid-what the fuck is wrong with you, can't you see what's going on?

are you blind as well as deaf and dumb?

Those are rhetorical questions so there is no need for you to give a stupid evasive non-response.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #58058 on: November 24, 2020, 12:39:33 PM »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2020/11/24/fda-commissioner-stephen-hahn-timing-safety-covid-19-vaccine/6393865002/

When might a COVID-19 vaccine be authorized? FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn answers common questions

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #58059 on: November 24, 2020, 12:43:57 PM »

PA certifies Biden is the winner.

Gov. Tom Wolf then signed the Certificate of Ascertainment to name the 20 Biden electors who will meet in Harrisburg on Dec. 14.

“Today’s certification is a testament to the incredible efforts of our local and state election officials, who worked tirelessly to ensure Pennsylvania had a free, fair and accurate process that reflects the will of the voters,” Wolf said in a statement.

https://www.inquirer.com/politics/election/pennsylvania-certification-2020-presidential-election-vote-20201124.html?utm_source=browser_notification&utm_campaign=browser_notification&utm_medium=notification&utm_content=Pennsylvania-just-certified-its-presidential-election-results-officially-declaring-Joe-Biden-the-winner

So much winning.

barton

« Reply #58060 on: November 24, 2020, 12:48:25 PM »

From an answer I wrote at my science website, to a question about why some vaccines need multiple doses to be effective....

After the vaccine has entered the bloodstream and its antigens have caused the body to recognize an invader, the production of antibodies begins. With a vaccine that is weakened form of the virus, these weak buggers can replicate and prompt the body to generate plenty of antibodies. After the action is over, a small number of cells that would recognize the invader remain and circulate throughout the bloodstream; these are known as memory cells.

But some vaccines just have a string of virus protein (like the spike protein of coronavirus) to generate antigens, and so the vaccine itself doesn't continue to replicate in the body, and only a small number of antibodies are created. And very few memory cells are created.

So dosage depends on how robustly the vaccine will cause the production of memory cells. The trick is to have enough antigens in the dosage to generate memory cell production, but not so many as to cause actual illness. Sometimes the best approach is to underdose a couple times, rather than give too much at once. So the end result is you don't get sick, and you have sufficient memory cells to handle the real bug if it shows up.

So, to get back to your question [he was asking how many doses of the Oxford vaccine he would need], I would imagine 2-3 doses is likely. Since the vaccine in question uses the weakened form of a common cold virus as a transporter of a piece of code of CV spike protein, it will replicate somewhat, but apparently not enough to proliferate in the bloodstream and prompt your system to build a full immunity in one go.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #58061 on: November 24, 2020, 12:49:29 PM »

42% of Americans say they won't even get a vaccine.

This will not hold.

And yeah, anti-vaxxets or those just anti this vaccine for some reason is a tricky issue for Biden.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #58062 on: November 24, 2020, 12:49:53 PM »

Desmond, you'll recall, was the character at the heart of Sunset Boulevard, Billy Wilder's classic 1950 film noir — a has-been silent movie star pining for the long-gone attention of the masses, living in a crumbling-but-ostentatious mansion, given company mostly by the sycophants and enablers on her payroll, scheming constantly about how to return to the spotlight. When it becomes clear that will not happen, that she has been living out a fantasy, she lashes out destructively.

And at the end, when it comes time for her to leave her mansion, Desmond is convinced to do so only when promised that she is, at long last, taking center stage once again.

"You see, this is my life! It always will be! Nothing else! Just us, and the cameras, and those wonderful people out there in the dark!" she says, gazing ostentatiously into the lens. "All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up."

Sound at all familiar?

Yes it does sound familiar.

Maureen Dowd wrote a piece in the NYT about 2 weeks ago with the same Sunset Blvd Trump diva theme, mocking our demented president's deep desire for the spotlight.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/14/opinion/sunday/donald-trump-defeat.html

Norma Desmond watching movies of herself, hour after hour, shrouded in her mansion on Sunset Boulevard as “the dream she had clung to so desperately enfolded her.” Howard Hughes, descending into germaphobia, madness and seclusion. Greta Garbo, sequestered behind her hat and sunglasses. Charles Foster Kane, missing the roar of the crowd as he spirals at Xanadu, his dilapidated pleasure palace.

Now Trump should move on and stick to what he knows best: promoting himself. Like Norma Desmond, he should give in to the fantasy of his life that he is so devoted to and leave the rest of us to live in the cold, cruel, unforgiving, inconvenient reality.

Mr. DeMille just called, Mr. President. He says he’s ready for your close-up. Keep your pancake makeup on and step on out of the house now. The cameras will be waiting

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #58063 on: November 24, 2020, 01:07:21 PM »

Sound at all familiar?

Yes it does sound familiar.

Maureen Dowd wrote a piece in the NYT about 2 weeks ago with the same Sunset Blvd Trump diva theme, mocking our demented president's deep desire for the spotlight.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/14/opinion/sunday/donald-trump-defeat.html

Norma Desmond watching movies of herself, hour after hour, shrouded in her mansion on Sunset Boulevard as “the dream she had clung to so desperately enfolded her.” Howard Hughes, descending into germaphobia, madness and seclusion. Greta Garbo, sequestered behind her hat and sunglasses. Charles Foster Kane, missing the roar of the crowd as he spirals at Xanadu, his dilapidated pleasure palace.

Now Trump should move on and stick to what he knows best: promoting himself. Like Norma Desmond, he should give in to the fantasy of his life that he is so devoted to and leave the rest of us to live in the cold, cruel, unforgiving, inconvenient reality.

Mr. DeMille just called, Mr. President. He says he’s ready for your close-up. Keep your pancake makeup on and step on out of the house now. The cameras will be waiting

Holy Plagiarism, Batman!!

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #58064 on: November 24, 2020, 01:07:27 PM »

Fassbinder's Veronica Voss is a very good Sunset Blvdish film.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 3869 3870 [3871] 3872 3873 ... 4288