Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3404 3405 [3406] 3407 3408 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1656937 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #51075 on: September 22, 2020, 08:05:18 PM »

The only way to deal with those two passive aggressive trolls is to repeatedly stomp on their balls. and show them the contempt their disengenuous bullshit deserves.

They are not here to debate, or exchange ideas, or enlighten, but rather only to annoy.

No, that doesn't deal with them at all, Banks. This is what I have been trying to explain to you (among others) all the way along.

It has no significant impact on them whatsoever, whether they put somebody on ignore or not. And it isn't like he doesn't look at posts on ignore much of the time, anyway.

Kid has been quite clear that he only posts much of the time to be annoying. He is not the only one who has stated that as a primary goal.

If it were my board, not Liq's, they'd be gone long since, because they are, as you said, not here to add anything.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51076 on: September 22, 2020, 08:07:48 PM »

She would not be HONORED by a woman who would roll back women's rights.

How so, specifically?  Explain how this could occur.

Kid is vying for Ward's Elba Sea Lion title.

You Bidenites outnumber us about ten to 1 on this board.  It's scary that you still could use some recruitment to get your act up to snuff.

You are into snuff, Kid.

Your arithmetic is pretty bizarre.

But while we do outnumber you, your inanity is sufficiently extreme that you make the discussion here often too absurd for words.

You, in particular, manage to do it even with simple calculations. "No, I had 13 wins!" when you had 12, for example.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #51077 on: September 22, 2020, 08:28:50 PM »

The only way to deal with those two passive aggressive trolls is to repeatedly stomp on their balls. and show them the contempt their disengenuous bullshit deserves.

They are not here to debate, or exchange ideas, or enlighten, but rather only to annoy.

No, that doesn't deal with them at all, Banks. This is what I have been trying to explain to you (among others) all the way along.

It has no significant impact on them whatsoever, whether they put somebody on ignore or not. And it isn't like he doesn't look at posts on ignore much of the time, anyway.

Kid has been quite clear that he only posts much of the time to be annoying. He is not the only one who has stated that as a primary goal.

If it were my board, not Liq's, they'd be gone long since, because they are, as you said, not here to add anything.

Josh-you take them seriously. I don't. You see it as either cathartic or you think that trying to deal with them as reasonable actors you can change their behavior.

You won't.

they are not here to debate, but to troll and annoy.

So you can engage them in hours of discussion, but its a massive waste of time.

I'd rather identify a piece of shit, yell at the guy who left the shit here, remind him he's an anti-social piece of shit, and assume that poor behavior will be repeated, as I've little remedy to change their poor behavior.

as you saw earlier today I shamed Elba's village idiot to run away in shame when caught in his lie.

IMO there is some value to that.

YMMV

And you're certainly free to reach out to kid and Red and spend endless hours trying to modify and correct their poor behavior.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #51078 on: September 22, 2020, 08:33:58 PM »

Also speak out against people who peddle falsehoods about Justice Ginsburg and her deathbed wishes.
What were her deathbed wishes according to you?

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #51079 on: September 22, 2020, 08:38:04 PM »

Also speak out against people who peddle falsehoods about Justice Ginsburg and her deathbed wishes.

lean corn-beef on rye with mustard

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #51080 on: September 22, 2020, 08:47:14 PM »

During the heat of the primary season Elizabeth Warren railed against the rich backing candidates:
We don’t need Billionaires picking the next President!  Harumph,harumph,!

September 21, 2020, Michael Bloomberg to invest $100 Million to win Florida for democrats.
Elizabeth Warren?  Crickets 

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #51081 on: September 22, 2020, 08:50:44 PM »

Poor Red.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #51082 on: September 22, 2020, 08:51:36 PM »

You, in particular, manage to do it even with simple calculations. "No, I had 13 wins!" when you had 12, for example.

Last week I had the wins right - and the losses wrong.  If I was trying to cheat I think I'd have added a win

This week I had SEVEN wins in NFL picks vs spread.  Bank counted wrong - and won't re-check his work.  His impoliteness then immediately took over.  His has apparently been a rough life - and he thus lashes out quickly.  But his right to use this space equals mine.

Is what it is.  Thanks for your time and patience.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #51083 on: September 22, 2020, 09:01:52 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51084 on: September 22, 2020, 09:02:23 PM »

Josh-you take them seriously. I don't. You see it as either cathartic or you think that trying to deal with them as reasonable actors you can change their behavior.

I don't expect to change their behavior.

I don't find it cathartic.

That's why they'd be gone. They are just trolls.

barton

« Reply #51085 on: September 22, 2020, 09:08:06 PM »

lean corn-beef on rye with mustard

It's like you read my mind. 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51086 on: September 22, 2020, 09:10:07 PM »

Net benefit of $210, I am pretty sure.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #51088 on: September 22, 2020, 09:16:42 PM »

Re:  football picks

I am sure now that they have been shown their error in the other forum, one of Josh/Bank will post their revision here - .

I ask for no apology.  We move on.  Perfection is boring as hell anyway, Bank.  And life - you guessed it - its own reward (read:  lighten up on needing to correct people)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 3404 3405 [3406] 3407 3408 ... 4288