Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 2730

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 503352 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #5280 on: April 13, 2021, 04:28:54 PM »

Red is looking for an excuse to get into his trump drag again. I am already laughing at him.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5281 on: April 13, 2021, 04:41:52 PM »

Btw, Larry. Ever have a cop pull a gun on you?

Yes.

More than once.

Me. too.

Not a lot of fun, is it?

I took him seriously, stopped, made eye contact, and listened.

How about you?

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #5282 on: April 13, 2021, 04:43:56 PM »

"The cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing."-----Oscar Wilde

My vote is to delete Uno ad hominems from Politics forum.  Larry isn't at all phased by his race trolling,  but I think it just reflects badly on the place that Uno's thinly veiled ugliness often dominates a page,  wordcount-wise.  If I were here to do a psychological study of obsession and compulsion,  that would work for me.   But this is getting ridiculous, and poisons what should be a venue for a friendly chat.  I'm curious:  KAM,  HAIRY,  BO,  and others posting less here...would you come by here more if moderator clamped down on this crap?

Gee, Bart.

You evidently only read some posts while ignoring others. Including your own.

STFU.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #5283 on: April 13, 2021, 04:45:44 PM »

"The cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing."-----Oscar Wilde

My vote is to delete Uno ad hominems from Politics forum.  Larry isn't at all phased by his race trolling,  but I think it just reflects badly on the place that Uno's thinly veiled ugliness often dominates a page,  wordcount-wise.  If I were here to do a psychological study of obsession and compulsion,  that would work for me.   But this is getting ridiculous, and poisons what should be a venue for a friendly chat.  I'm curious:  KAM,  HAIRY,  BO,  and others posting less here...would you come by here more if moderator clamped down on this crap?

If it would help reduce the constant shame Uno is causing his family, I’m all for it.

Of course, you are. But then, you'd be the first one a real moderator would ban, given your---uh--style.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #5284 on: April 13, 2021, 04:46:53 PM »

40 arrests last night in Minneapolis?

That's a good start.

Better start was the resignations of the chief of police and the cop who mistook her gun for a taser while conducting a felony traffic stop over expired registration.

Warrant out for his arrest, Larry.  You can stop rewriting the story, now.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5285 on: April 13, 2021, 05:15:07 PM »

Tasers used by my nsw police are...bright yellow.
Go woke, go broke.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5286 on: April 13, 2021, 05:16:13 PM »

Yes.

More than once.

Me. too.

Not a lot of fun, is it?

How about you?

Which time?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5287 on: April 13, 2021, 05:18:41 PM »

That's a good start.

Better start was the resignations of the chief of police and the cop who mistook her gun for a taser while conducting a felony traffic stop over expired registration.

Where was he gonna go?

Even if she fired the taser she would have put public safety at risk firing into a moving car.

Every step in this instance was over policing no matter how you slice it.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #5288 on: April 13, 2021, 05:32:04 PM »

That's a good start.

Where was he gonna go?

Well, that is of interest. They didn't ask him to jump back in the car and try to get away, did they?

Even if she fired the taser she would have put public safety at risk firing into a moving car.

Would she now? Did you watch the video?

Every step in this instance was over policing no matter how you slice it.

And yet, if Mr. Wright wasn't running around with warrants out for his arrest, then there'd have been no need for any policing.

And so, while the nation is distracted by the death of a hapless criminal, because we live in an era of optic politics, there is THIS real shit going on:

Chinese fighter jets will fly over Taiwan to "declare sovereignty" if relations between Washington and Taipei continue to improve, a prominent state media figure said after Beijing sent 25 warplanes toward the island on Monday.

Hu Xijin, chief editor of China's nationalistic Communist Party newspaper the Global Times, fired back at recent comments by Secretary Antony Blinken and said the military operation was a response to the State Department's loosening of interaction guidelines between officials from the U.S. and Taiwan.

The People's Liberation Army would "step up military pressure" in the event of a further warming of U.S.-Taiwan ties, he said. "If Taiwan forces open fire, that will be the moment of all-out war across the Taiwan Strait," he added.

https://www.newsweek.com/china-fighter-jets-will-fly-over-taiwan-declare-sovereignty-state-media-says-1583109

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #5289 on: April 13, 2021, 05:37:56 PM »

Yes.

More than once.

Me. too.

Not a lot of fun, is it?

How about you?

Which time?

Details, Larry. Both times.

In my case, the cops mistook me for another person. They pulled the gun, barked a lot of shit, had me lie face down on the sidewalk, cuffed me, put me in the back of the patrol car, where I waited for about 1/2 hour until they confirmed from my ID and their communications that I wasn't there guy.

Was I pissed off? For damn sure.

Did I consider running at any time during this event? Did I argue and refuse to comply with the man holding a gun on me? Nope. That would be stupid.

Stupid people die.

Which is why you are likely not dead, too, Larry.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5290 on: April 13, 2021, 06:09:04 PM »

Yes.

More than once.

Me. too.

Not a lot of fun, is it?

How about you?

Which time?

Details, Larry. Both times.

In my case, the cops mistook me for another person. They pulled the gun, barked a lot of shit, had me lie face down on the sidewalk, cuffed me, put me in the back of the patrol car, where I waited for about 1/2 hour until they confirmed from my ID and their communications that I wasn't there guy.

Was I pissed off? For damn sure.

Did I consider running at any time during this event? Did I argue and refuse to comply with the man holding a gun on me? Nope. That would be stupid.

Stupid people die.

Which is why you are likely not dead, too, Larry.

I’ve been held at gunpoint by police no fewer than eight times since I was sixteen.

I can tell you what the service weapon of McVeety (who drove sector car 109 for the 1st precinct of the Suffolk County Police Department) tastes like.

I’ve had no fewer than 30 police interactions since I was fourteen.

I’ve had no interactions with police since I turned forty five.

I’ll be sixty three in June.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #5291 on: April 13, 2021, 07:03:17 PM »

Stupid people die

But stupidity isn't a capital offense.   Nor would police be charged with carrying out sentence,  if it were.   Which is why legislatures have passed myriad laws that rein in how police apprehend suspects,  so that ad hoc stupidity executions don't occur.  The woman was negligent in performance of an apprehension of a suspect, which resulted in his death.   When other professions show negligence and someone dies,  be they train operators or doctors or propane installers,  we hold them accountable,  rather than focus on the moral character or IQ of their victims. 

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5292 on: April 13, 2021, 07:33:46 PM »

Stupid people die

But stupidity isn't a capital offense.   Nor would police be charged with carrying out sentence,  if it were.   Which is why legislatures have passed myriad laws that rein in how police apprehend suspects,  so that ad hoc stupidity executions don't occur.  The woman was negligent in performance of an apprehension of a suspect, which resulted in his death.   When other professions show negligence and someone dies,  be they train operators or doctors or propane installers,  we hold them accountable,  rather than focus on the moral character or IQ of their victims.

Focusing on the flaws in the victim’s life makes their murder justified.
When enough white people stop falling for the trifecta:

1:Police violence

2: Protest of police violence (usually met with more violence) ends up with provocateurs and ‘looters’ taking advantage of the chaos

3: More people outraged over the theft and destruction of property than the death of victim (regardless the circumstance) which leads to the “Well, he was no angel.”

Status quo

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #5293 on: April 13, 2021, 07:34:20 PM »

Stupid people die

But stupidity isn't a capital offense.   
The officer resigned. What offense do you recommend she be charged with, if any?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5294 on: April 13, 2021, 07:47:26 PM »

Stupid people die

But stupidity isn't a capital offense.   
The officer resigned. What offense do you recommend she be charged with, if any?

The damn gun is in the body cam video.

She’s not gonna get to say, “Oops! My bad!’

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 2730