Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 2932

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 766250 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #5265 on: April 13, 2021, 07:19:05 AM »

Btw, Larry. Ever have a cop pull a gun on you?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5266 on: April 13, 2021, 07:57:46 AM »

He did everything wrong, and he lived!

https://youtu.be/Vl5R563EEFw
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5267 on: April 13, 2021, 10:47:42 AM »

According to the logic of some of our posters every rioter on 1/6 should have been shot dead at the US Capitol.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5268 on: April 13, 2021, 10:49:06 AM »

Btw, Larry. Ever have a cop pull a gun on you?

Yes.

More than once.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #5269 on: April 13, 2021, 11:10:18 AM »

"The cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing."-----Oscar Wilde

My vote is to delete Uno ad hominems from Politics forum.  Larry isn't at all phased by his race trolling,  but I think it just reflects badly on the place that Uno's thinly veiled ugliness often dominates a page,  wordcount-wise.  If I were here to do a psychological study of obsession and compulsion,  that would work for me.   But this is getting ridiculous, and poisons what should be a venue for a friendly chat.  I'm curious:  KAM,  HAIRY,  BO,  and others posting less here...would you come by here more if moderator clamped down on this crap?   

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5270 on: April 13, 2021, 12:16:38 PM »

"The cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing."-----Oscar Wilde

My vote is to delete Uno ad hominems from Politics forum.  Larry isn't at all phased by his race trolling,  but I think it just reflects badly on the place that Uno's thinly veiled ugliness often dominates a page,  wordcount-wise.  If I were here to do a psychological study of obsession and compulsion,  that would work for me.   But this is getting ridiculous, and poisons what should be a venue for a friendly chat.  I'm curious:  KAM,  HAIRY,  BO,  and others posting less here...would you come by here more if moderator clamped down on this crap?
Well, the as for me posting less, the moderator would have to clamp down on vacations. Lately, at least.
A parrot bit me.

barton

« Reply #5271 on: April 13, 2021, 12:23:00 PM »

Hope you found realms of gold.  I could use a vacation.  But not anywhere on the northern plains.  TS Eliot's cruelest month may be found here.  We are the bipolar disorder of weather here, minus the therapy or the lithium. 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5272 on: April 13, 2021, 01:42:31 PM »

If it would help reduce the constant shame Uno is causing his family, I’m all for it.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5273 on: April 13, 2021, 01:55:10 PM »

40 arrests last night in Minneapolis?

That's a good start.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5274 on: April 13, 2021, 02:14:39 PM »

That's a good start.

Better start was the resignations of the chief of police and the cop who mistook her gun for a taser while conducting a felony traffic stop over expired registration.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5275 on: April 13, 2021, 02:19:39 PM »

That's a good start.

Better start was the resignations of the chief of police and the cop who mistook her gun for a taser

That came after.  But absolutely, for the officer, the right thing to do.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #5277 on: April 13, 2021, 03:27:23 PM »

Didn’t Biden promise a vaccine rollout based on science?

Well “ risk-averse” is not science.  So pausing Johnson and Johnson’ s vaccine distribution over 6 blood clot cases in 7 million doses has a lot of people scratching their heads.

6 cases out of 7 million people. What a disaster. This is going to get people killed. And it's going to create more vaccine hesitancy. These people (Biden Administration) don't understand cost-benefit analysis. They keep making mistakes by orders of magnitude.

Nate Silver@NateSilver538

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5278 on: April 13, 2021, 03:34:43 PM »

Didn’t Biden promise a vaccine rollout based on science?

Well “ risk-averse” is not science.  So pausing Johnson and Johnson’ s vaccine distribution over 6 blood clot cases in 7 million doses has a lot of people scratching their heads.

6 cases out of 7 million people. What a disaster. This is going to get people killed. And it's going to create more vaccine hesitancy. These people (Biden Administration) don't understand cost-benefit analysis. They keep making mistakes by orders of magnitude.

Nate Silver@NateSilver538

ROFL

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #5279 on: April 13, 2021, 04:18:13 PM »

JnJ is having some issues with their vaccine and the the FDA wants to better understand why the rare blood clotting is occurring.

It seems Red prefers the gov't lie and conceal from its citizens the risks, rather than provide transparency in allowing people to make informed decisions about their healthcare.

I would think it better to allow the FDA and JnJ to investigate the issue, and fix the problem, rather than distribute a potentially harmful vaccine.

Or say the issue is very minor and perhaps they could identify those who should not take their vaccine.

Maybe it was just a bad batch from a manufacturing glitch rather than a flawed vaccine.

Science would figure it out.

Red couldn't give a shit.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 04:22:15 PM by bankshot1 »
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 2932