Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2718 2719 [2720] 2721 2722 ... 2734

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 504431 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #40785 on: May 01, 2024, 10:42:05 AM »

"Grandstanding" is the word I think you're looking for.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40786 on: May 01, 2024, 10:59:04 AM »

Is Biden missing a campaign moment by not going to Columbia and calming tensions?
No.
Really?
Joe says the election is about saving democracy.
He leads the the greatest democracy known to mankind and has pledged support to Israel, the second greatest democracy.
And he can not talk to protestors mad at both countries?
Why?
I think the bold taken together explains it adequately.
Well. No it does not
And please note New York Senators Schumer and Gillibrand are no where to be heard, either.

Maybe because it was a matter to be handled by the university and the mayor?
Unlike the GOP congressional leadership and presumptive nominee who saw it fitting and proper to come and
bigfoot the local authorities..
Except of course reports in legitimate news carried plenty of comments from Democratic leaders, including Schumer, calling for the protests to remain peaceful and lawful and condemning anti -semitism.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40787 on: May 01, 2024, 11:00:10 AM »

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.

- Salvor Hardin (in Isaac Asimov s Foundation Trilogy)

No problem with peaceful protests of Far Right Likud policy of warfare as demolition and starvation and mass civilian murder, but anti-Semitic attacks are unacceptable.  Universities should distinguish between the two...
RedDick doesn't.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40788 on: May 01, 2024, 11:18:03 AM »

Is Biden missing a campaign moment by not going to Columbia and calming tensions?
No.
Really?
He leads the the greatest democracy known to mankind and has pledged support to Israel, the second greatest democracy.
Why?
Well. No it does not
And please note New York Senators Schumer and Gillibrand are no where to be heard, either.

Unlike the GOP congressional leadership and presumptive nominee who saw it fitting and proper to come and
Except of course reports in legitimate news carried plenty of comments from Democratic leaders, including Schumer, calling for the protests to remain peaceful and lawful and condemning anti -semitism.
LOL,!
New York City Mayor Eric Adams lauded the NYPD on Wednesday after officers swept through anti American and anti Israel mobs at two major college campuses overnight, locking up hundreds of agitators.

My uncle died defending this country, and these men and women put their lives on the line  and it is  despicable that schools will allow another country flag to fly in our country, Adams, a former NYPD captain, told reporters. So blame me for being proud to be an American, and, I think, Commissioner Daughtry for putting that flag back up. We're not surrendering our way of life to anyone.

Biden, Schumer,Gillibrand still gutless.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2024, 11:25:02 AM by jmmengel »

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40789 on: May 01, 2024, 04:47:14 PM »

News Item

Anti-Israel protesters on Tuesday morning successfully replaced the American flag on the University of North Carolina campus that had been flying at half mast after four Charlotte officers were killed in the line of duty Monday with a Palestinian flag before UNC Chancellor Lee Roberts responded with law enforcement officers to return the American flag to its place.

TheyChancellor and officers who replaced the flag the first time were met with profanity, middle fingers, thrown bottles, rocks, and water before the officers could return  the American flag to its place.

Activists, some of whom were not affiliated with the nation s first  public university, attempted to take it down a second time but were met with resistance from a smaller group of students.

When the flag was raised once again, the Greek community began singing the National anthem. As the Chancellor left, the quad erupted into chaos as protestors began removing the flag once again, preparing to destroy it,but the frat brothers and others ran over to hold it up, in order for it not to touch the ground. People began throwing water bottles at us, rocks, sticks, calling us profane names. We stood for an hour defending the flag so many fight to protect.

The story went viral, garnering more than 25,000 likes as of Monday morning. A GoFundMe created for Chapel Hill Pi Kappa Phi chapter has raised more than $57,000 to throw this frat the party they deserve.

The story sheds a bright light on the reason Biden et Al are silent.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2024, 05:22:58 PM by jmmengel »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40790 on: May 01, 2024, 05:01:22 PM »

Who is Al?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #40791 on: May 01, 2024, 05:28:35 PM »

No.
Really?
Why?
Well. No it does not

LOL,!
New York City Mayor Eric Adams lauded the NYPD on Wednesday after officers swept through anti American and anti Israel mobs at two major college campuses overnight, locking up hundreds of agitators.

My uncle died defending this country, and these men and women put their lives on the line  and it is  despicable that schools will allow another country flag to fly in our country, Adams, a former NYPD captain, told reporters. So blame me for being proud to be an American, and, I think, Commissioner Daughtry for putting that flag back up. We're not surrendering our way of life to anyone.

. I can post lots of pictures of super patriot Eric Adams marching in parades with the flag of another country.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40792 on: May 01, 2024, 06:18:51 PM »

No.
Really?
Why?
Well. No it does not

LOL,!

. I can post lots of pictures of super patriot Eric Adams marching in parades with the flag of another country.
Go ahead. Post them.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #40793 on: May 01, 2024, 06:33:18 PM »

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40794 on: May 01, 2024, 06:38:44 PM »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #40795 on: May 01, 2024, 06:43:42 PM »

Adams matching proudly with the flag of a foreign country. Because he is a hypocrite and a liar. Like you.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2024, 06:47:33 PM by Yankguy1 »

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40796 on: May 01, 2024, 06:47:01 PM »

Adams matching proudly with the flag of a foreign country. Because he
supports America and its allies.
Thanks.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #40797 on: May 01, 2024, 06:48:29 PM »

Your edit was well meaning and incorrect. I appreciate the effort

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40798 on: May 01, 2024, 06:54:48 PM »

In other interesting news, Florida still allows you to be killed based on who your father is, or if you are under 6 weeks old. Cool.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40799 on: May 01, 2024, 06:55:58 PM »

Adams matching proudly with the flag of a foreign country. Because he
supports America and its allies.
Thanks.
So you admit his actions as Mayor are based on the content of protected speech?
Pages: 1 ... 2718 2719 [2720] 2721 2722 ... 2734