Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2421 2422 [2423] 2424 2425 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1643747 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #36330 on: June 03, 2020, 01:57:09 AM »

I’ve been employed by rich people, poor people, and by the pooled resources of a bunch of people, both rich and poor.

Everyone I currently work for privately qualifies for some kind of public assistance despite their military pensions, and they are the best folks I’ve ever worked for with the exception of Alfa Anderson and Hector Calderon.

The cities with functioning police departments saw those departments bond with protestors and very little mayhem resulted in those places. Cities where police behave like an occupying force got messed up. Cities which allowed police to behave like counter protesters lit fuses in their basements which sooner or later will blow up.

Livable minimum wages is a very good idea.

As for your idea about money and class, it’s easy to see how you were tethered and shorn for your entire productive life.

It would make you pitiable if you weren’t so tight with the fucking Nazis.

I tried to be nice to everyone..."everyone in the world is a lovely person".
All I got in the workplace and life was walked all over.
Then at about age 30 I did things differently in the workplace, and with neighbours and advantage-taking friends.
Nice turned to 'nasty'. lol
"I've done what I could in the time allowed", the rest will have to wait until tomorrow, I'm not a magician."
Got an answering machine.  They're great, everyone goes away!   
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #36331 on: June 03, 2020, 01:59:20 AM »

Why did the chicken cross the road?

To pose for a photo op in front of the St. John's Episcopal Church.

Just the Christian 'King' of America sending a message to the faithful.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 02:05:26 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #36332 on: June 03, 2020, 02:02:59 AM »

Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #36333 on: June 03, 2020, 02:05:01 AM »

http://www.vox.com/the-goods/2020/6/2/21278113/looting-george-floyd-protests-social-unrest

Millions of straws, many piled on recently by coward twitler.

If Americans want to support that, support looting as a protest tactic, support ruining the businesses of people trying to make a living not by the public purse, then it's their choice.
Allow anarchy to rule the land, their choice.
Not what I'd be doing.

Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36334 on: June 03, 2020, 02:12:02 AM »

Chain stores make their living by the public purse. Looting is not ideal. Getting the government to serve the people is essential and will continue to require all kinds of sacrifices.

You have a right not to be killed. Murder is a crime.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #36337 on: June 03, 2020, 02:41:29 AM »

Trump has already locked himself up behind a chain link fence. The work now is to shrink his perimeter to 3’x3’. We can keep him in the appropriately sized enclosure out on Lafayette Park where passersby can pelt him with turds if they so wish.

It won’t end racism, but it might put a nice little dent in white supremacy.

Richard P. Feynman

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36338 on: June 03, 2020, 02:48:29 AM »

I’ve been employed by rich people, poor people, and by the pooled resources of a bunch of people, both rich and poor.

Everyone I currently work for privately qualifies for some kind of public assistance despite their military pensions, and they are the best folks I’ve ever worked for with the exception of Alfa Anderson and Hector Calderon.

The cities with functioning police departments saw those departments bond with protestors and very little mayhem resulted in those places. Cities where police behave like an occupying force got messed up. Cities which allowed police to behave like counter protesters lit fuses in their basements which sooner or later will blow up.

Livable minimum wages is a very good idea.

As for your idea about money and class, it’s easy to see how you were tethered and shorn for your entire productive life.

It would make you pitiable if you weren’t so tight with the fucking Nazis.

I tried to be nice to everyone..."everyone in the world is a lovely person".
All I got in the workplace and life was walked all over.

Must be you.

Somebody liked the work I was doing pro bono for kids and gave me a paycheck for the next two years, no strings attached.

At another point in time, I was working in the temp pool and a manager in a different department saw my work and offered me a job, then two more times when she shifted places she brought me over.

Somebody I helped on the internet requested my email, but instead of a thank you note, I got PayPal money from her a couple times.
-------------

I charge a sliding scale for my services, with the bottom at $0. Sometimes people have paid me 150% of the top of my scale as they thought it was too low. Other times, I teach for nothing, because the kids need the help even when their families can't afford it.

Yeah, there are scummy people out there, Bambi. As far as I can tell, from your self-description, you are among the folks who make things worse for others, not better. Tony, despite his bigotry, sounds like somebody who works every day to try to make the world better for others.

The world's been pretty good to me throughout my adult life, probably better than I deserve, but I try to use my privilege to help others to live up to what I have been given. Sometimes I succeed.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36339 on: June 03, 2020, 02:50:04 AM »

Why did the chicken cross the road?

To pose for a photo op in front of the St. John's Episcopal Church.

Just the Christian 'King' of America sending a message to the faithful.

With no religious content and by harming others, first.

The '' marks are around the wrong word, Bambi. "Christian" is where they belong. This is a philandering conman, and you are among his marks.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36340 on: June 03, 2020, 02:51:45 AM »

http://www.thenation.com/article/politics/the-question-isnt-whether-trump-will-go-full-authoritarian-its-how-well-respond/

Surely you don't really believe that allowing protesters to burn and loot their way thru America is a good idea.

Surely you don't really believe that it is actually an either/or question. (You probably do. You are wrong.)

I asked before how many lives a television is worth or even a building.

You never answered.

Your focus is on stuff, not people.

You are no more of a Christian than Trump is.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36341 on: June 03, 2020, 02:58:36 AM »

https://trib.al/CEXZmWT?fbclid=IwAR2T_StjHmgCPpGgCPterHIu-8rV88uHFlpVW7ej5XfmXjBFJEj0GIAwZcA

Northampton tension builds as marchers and police clash, but it ends well, not badly.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36342 on: June 03, 2020, 03:05:30 AM »

Portland, OR.

People lying on the bridge in protest.

Pages: 1 ... 2421 2422 [2423] 2424 2425 ... 4288