Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 2733

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 503851 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #2715 on: March 02, 2021, 03:04:01 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: March 02, 2021, 03:06:04 PM »

What if they fall asleep during?   Asking for a friend.

Yes, what if they do, ...and then awaken and cannot remember consenting (by the absense of not objecting) in the first place?

Not advocating being able to have sex with unconscious people, was just wondering about consensual sex, sleep, then more sex by the man thinking consent was given earlier in the night.
What I learnt is that it can be classed as "rapist" or "desiring, eager, 'can't get enough of me' lover, depending on the woman's mind.
Try not having sex with a woman so drunk she does not remember consenting.

Anyway, it matters not...innocent men can easily end up in a harsh prison on the say so of lying women, especially these days, in the era of man-hate.
All shown very clearly in a recent case...detailed in depth from beginning to end by 60 Minutes.

An innocent Aussie white man tossed into harsh prison...if it can happen to him [you know, that "white privilege" thing]... no man is safe. No man is safe, Not one.

Accused of the worst possible things you imagine being done in domestic violence...by his 'perfect fiancee'.
She was believed unconditionally by the cops.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6888873/Man-spent-five-months-prison-ex-fianc-e-falsely-accused-rape-finds-love-again.html

Daniel Jones, 31, spent five months in Goulburn prison, 195km south-west of Sydney, in 2014 after his then-fiancée made an emergency call to police claiming she'd been savagely raped

Mr Jones met Sarah Jane Parkinson in 2011 when they both worked at Canberra airport, and he thought she was the love of his life.
The couple became engaged after a few short months and Mr Jones even built a house so they could live together.

But shortly after moving in, Mr Jones' life began to unravel.
He was served with an AVO (apprehended violence order) after Parkinson told her colleagues at the Queanbeyan Police Station that he had abused her.

Mr Jones protested his innocence but police brought a string of charges against him anyway.
'I'd just built a house and she'd moved in with me, everything was going well,' he told 60 Minutes in an upcoming interview.

'I had everything going right, and in that instant, everything just went to s***.'
'She's a lying, vindictive, cancerous woman.'

#####

Ms Sandberg, from Facebook urged caution at the start of "Me Too".
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: March 02, 2021, 03:23:46 PM »

Are we all now supposed to purge all memories of what we saw on
Mulberry Street?
Just the racist ones.

Why are we willing to subject children to content directed to children that includes racist text and images? That is a better.question and one Geisel's estate and publisher have responded, we shouldn't. Why should their business decision bother you?
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: March 02, 2021, 03:27:13 PM »

KTLA 5 News

3 hours  · 

California's poverty rate is the highest in the country when accounting for the cost of living, the report says. Since 2012, wages in the state have grown by 14% while home prices increased by 68%

https://ktla.com/news/california/californians-need-higher-wages-and-better-jobs-says-report-highlighting-states-widening-inequality/

-------------

A new apartment complex for homeless actors is being built in Hollywood by the Actors Fund with Annette Bening, and along with housing, the actors will have a stage, and rehearsal space, etc, and they can bring in acting coaches, and dance teachers, etc. This is a step in the right direction and it helps to support our Entertainment Industry here in Hollywood. Without the actors then there cannot be an Entertainment Industry, so by helping the homeless actors the Entertainment Industry is being nurtured. We need to train and nurture the best actors in the world if we want to save Hollywood.

We also need to support unions, and wage scales, and prevailing wage lists.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: March 02, 2021, 03:30:26 PM »

Democrats do, Tony. We need to support Democrats. Get corporate money out of politics and the roadblocks to so many obviously good ideas fall away.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: March 02, 2021, 03:37:03 PM »

Are we all now supposed to purge all memories of what we saw on
Mulberry Street?
Just the racist ones.
Oh.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: March 02, 2021, 03:40:38 PM »

YouTube;

"Innocent man sent to jail for rape by his own fiance" 60 Minutes

#####

Daniel was eventually saved from a life in prison by 'divine providence', in the form of a good woman by the name of Detective Constable Leesa Anderson...now Detective Sergeant.

But then, a breakthrough almost too good to be true for the Jones, who'd come to expect little independent investigation into Parkinson's claims by police.
"I believed her until the evidence started to show something different", Det Alexander told Hayes.

"As far as I was concerned and the evidence showed is [Jones] wasn't responsible for any of it. I didn't happen."
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 03:50:15 PM by Hairy Lime »
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: March 02, 2021, 03:52:25 PM »

Don't.worry Red. The books are.still out there for their historical importance (Especially Mulberry Street) and you can keep your copy to read to your Grandkids between viewings of Song of the South.

I note you lopped off this question accidentally so here it is for you to answer:

Why are we willing to subject children to content directed to children that includes racist text and images? That is a better.question and one Geisel's estate and publisher have responded, we shouldn't. Why should their business decision bother you?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 03:54:01 PM by Hairy Lime »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: March 02, 2021, 04:06:11 PM »

I am tired of the streets being full of homeless mentally ill people.

So, what we have now is people sitting around homeless in the land of opportunity.

Seems to me that most are 'too far gone' to be able to, pick fruit...that's hard yakka.
Drugs, alcohol, living in rat infested squalor, just waiting to die. It's very sad.

So am I. And I don't even live there.
They need helping, no one in America/Christian West should be forced to live like that.

In my world, ScoMo and Josh have lowered the unemployment benefit payment rate to try to get unemployed people to work...include travelling to rural areas to pick fruit.
Not may takers for fruit picking, unfortunately. Looks like the fruit will be left to rot on the trees/vines.
Seasonal fruit picking is usually done by international and local backpackers/tourists on work visas...including "woofers".

https://wwoof.com.au/

World Wide Opportunities on
Organic Farms
Living and learning exchange

Do woofers get paid?

No! WWOOF is a mutual exchange! Any member who joins WWOOF will not be receiving any salary or daily allowances during the exchange. Receiving payment for work done on a volunteer exchange jeopardizes the host and the entire WWOOF program as stringent laws must be followed when hiring an “employee”.

Host Farm
Host volunteers on your property, 4-6 hours help daily (max 38 hours/week to be worked out between the Host and the WWOOFer) in exchange for meals & lodgings & teaching your methods.

#####

Some woofers like to party in town all night and sleep in until noon.
Others work like 'Trojans'.

Some woofers expect 5 star food and 5 star accommodation.
Others are happy just for a bed and to eat whatever the farmer and family are eating.

Woofers are generally nice people and very helpful to the farmer.
Covid has restricted them in 2020/2021.   
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 04:22:06 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: March 02, 2021, 04:12:19 PM »

Don't.worry Red. The books are.still out there for their historical importance (Especially Mulberry Street) and you can keep your copy to read to your Grandkids between viewings of Song of the South.

I note you lopped off this question accidentally so here it is for you to answer:

It doesn’t.
We have multiple copies in our family which adds to a diversified children’s library.
The adults decide what books we buy for the kids since we are the primary educators of our children.
If the Seuss foundation wants to retire a book that’s their choice. It is not being banned just not republished.
I’m confident that millions of children growing up with Dr.Seuss will still be reading his books to their children and the ones like  “ToThink I Saw That On Mulberry Street” will rise in popularity.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: March 02, 2021, 04:15:01 PM »

The Catholic Archdiocese of New Orleans is asking Catholics to avoid the recently-approved Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine, which it says is “morally compromised” by its “extensive use of abortion-derived cell lines.”

In a statement on Friday, the archdiocese noted that while deciding whether to receive the vaccine is an individual choice, that “the latest vaccine from Janssen/Johnson & Johnson is morally compromised as it uses the abortion-derived cell line in development and production of the vaccine as well as the testing.”

While a number of COVID-19 vaccine manufacturers have used cells originally derived from an aborted fetus in the 1970s, the archdiocese argues that Johnson & Johnson “extensive use” is worse than that of Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines, which used the cells lines only to test their vaccines, according to Religion News Service. This makes the “connection to abortion … extremely remote,” in the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines, the statement argues, recommending that Catholics choose one of those instead, if provided a choice.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/orleans-archdiocese-asks-catholics-avoid-204653911.html

Hmmm... pro-life, and not pro-life.

Just to be safe, they should recommend that if you're Catholic, you don't get a vaccine. 

Dumbfux.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: March 02, 2021, 04:16:47 PM »

“ToThink I Saw That On Mulberry Street” will rise in popularity.

Like the Confederate flag!

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: March 02, 2021, 04:18:52 PM »

The Catholic Archdiocese of New Orleans is asking Catholics to avoid the recently-approved Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine, which it says is “morally compromised” by its “extensive use of abortion-derived cell lines.”

In a statement on Friday, the archdiocese noted that while deciding whether to receive the vaccine is an individual choice, that “the latest vaccine from Janssen/Johnson & Johnson is morally compromised as it uses the abortion-derived cell line in development and production of the vaccine as well as the testing.”

While a number of COVID-19 vaccine manufacturers have used cells originally derived from an aborted fetus in the 1970s, the archdiocese argues that Johnson & Johnson “extensive use” is worse than that of Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines, which used the cells lines only to test their vaccines, according to Religion News Service. This makes the “connection to abortion … extremely remote,” in the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines, the statement argues, recommending that Catholics choose one of those instead, if provided a choice.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/orleans-archdiocese-asks-catholics-avoid-204653911.html

Hmmm... pro-life, and not pro-life.

Just to be safe, they should recommend that if you're Catholic, you don't get a vaccine. 

Dumbfux.
Your detailed knowledge of fine points of Catholic doctrine is noted.
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 2733