Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1641714 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #8085 on: January 07, 2019, 08:30:18 PM »

Trump's acting OMB director (because the OMB director is the acting Chief of Staff) has decided the prior OMB counsel's decision that the IRS cannot give out refunds during the shutdown ("strike" - snort!) was in error and has obtained a reverse decision from his current counsel.

That means that the IRS will be (a) recalling a bunch of employees and (b) revising its shutdown plan of operations.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/07/politics/white-house-shutdown-irs-taxpayer-refund/index.html
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8086 on: January 07, 2019, 08:48:25 PM »

4,000 terrorists caught at the southern border?  A demonstrable lie, coming from a “President” and his administration that lies.  Routinely.

What exact quotes are you referring to?

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #8087 on: January 07, 2019, 09:17:02 PM »

4,000 terrorists caught at the southern border?  A demonstrable lie, coming from a “President” and his administration that lies.  Routinely.

While it seems clear that REDSTATEWARD fully knows his defense of Trump amounts to trolling, I think kiidcarter8's is actually sincere.  And honestly, I don't think thats better.

You watch FOX, right kiidcarter8?  You catch Chris Wallace?  How about watched any news over the last there days?  If you did and/or have, you would have heard at least one of the many times this administration has mislead or straight up lied about terrorists and criminals caught at the border.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8088 on: January 07, 2019, 09:28:33 PM »

One example:
White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said Friday that Customs and Border Protection picked up nearly 4,000 known or suspected terrorists last year "that came across our southern border."

She reiterated the point today.

He's made similarly bogus claims.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8089 on: January 07, 2019, 09:28:58 PM »

Octavio-Cortez is the latest practitioner of the “ unofficial” democrat party National Anthem:
When things go wrong I feel real bad.
I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood

My apologies to The Animals.
The right's obsession with AOC is hilarious.
In sports lingo she committed an unforced error.
Then had no moral compass to apologize.
You probably have no idea why this is so fucking hilarious.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8090 on: January 07, 2019, 09:36:37 PM »

While it seems clear that REDSTATEWARD fully knows his defense of Trump amounts to trolling, I think kiidcarter8's is actually sincere.  And honestly, I don't think thats better.

You watch FOX, right kiidcarter8?  You catch Chris Wallace?  How about watched any news over the last there days?  If you did and/or have, you would have heard at least one of the many times this administration has mislead or straight up lied about terrorists and criminals caught at the border.

I want exact quotes.

Wallace brought it up. And didn't quote anyone.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #8091 on: January 07, 2019, 09:42:31 PM »

I want exact quotes.

https://www.apnews.com/4a7792c523ab4b5984893b38c988d70b

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #8092 on: January 07, 2019, 09:50:17 PM »

I want exact quotes.

Didn't quote anyone?  He was interviewing Huck, and responded in real time.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8093 on: January 07, 2019, 09:51:31 PM »

I want exact quotes.

Kiiid doesn't want exact quotes.

He wants to pretend there is contention about her lies.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8094 on: January 07, 2019, 09:53:24 PM »

Not helpful, Whisk

Unless you want to refute, "we are most vulnerable at our Southern border"

Could it be it is easier in the north?  Is this your contention?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8095 on: January 07, 2019, 10:00:36 PM »

"Last year alone, there were nearly 4,000known or suspected terrorists CPB picked up that came across our southern border."
~Sarah Huckabee Sanders
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwOwJL4grcs&feature=youtu.be&t=157

It starts at 2:41 on the recording.

Today, she modified it a slight bit, making it only false instead of grossly false.

Wallace pointed out that special-interest aliens are those hailing from "countries that have ever produced a terrorist. They're not terrorists themselves." Wallace cited a State Department report stating there is "no credible evidence" of terrorists crossing the border with Mexico.

Sanders responded by connecting the issue of terrorism with the fight over border security.

"We know that roughly, nearly 4,000 known or suspected terrorists come into our country illegally, and we know that our most vulnerable point of entry is at our southern border," Sanders said.

The southern border is not our most vulnerable point of entry to terrorists according to the State Department, as was pointed out to her before she claimed it was!

Source of the quote:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sanders-repeats-claim-on-terrorists-at-the-border-refuted-by-administrations-own-data-chris-wallace-fox-news-sunday/

The State Dept report is linked on the page, but here it is:
https://www.state.gov/documents/organization/283100.pdf

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #8096 on: January 07, 2019, 10:01:03 PM »

Not helpful, Whisk

LOL.  Zero, kiidcarter8.  Zero crossings by terrorists:  At year's end there was no credible evidence indicating that international terrorist groups have established bases in Mexico, worked with Mexican drug cartels, or sent operatives via Mexico into the United States - US State Dept.

When the actual number is zero coming from the southern border, bringing up the 4,000 in the context of the southern border is a lie.  And is certainly no evidence that the southern border is vulnerable to that type of crossing.

You need a more direct lie?  Here:

In an appearance on "Fox and Friends" on Friday, Sanders falsely said last year there were "nearly 4,000 known or suspected terrorists that CPB picked up that came across our southern border."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sanders-repeats-claim-on-terrorists-at-the-border-refuted-by-administrations-own-data-chris-wallace-fox-news-sunday/

4,000 when the number is zero...

And nope, have not seen any evidence of Huck's moral compass after the multiple, multiple corrections.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8097 on: January 07, 2019, 10:02:03 PM »

Not helpful, Whisk

The information is there for you, Kiiid.

Ignore it if you wish - it is consistent with the rest of your BS.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #8098 on: January 07, 2019, 10:04:16 PM »

I want exact quotes.

Kiiid doesn't want exact quotes.

He wants to pretend there is contention about her lies.

And his.

"The border is a much more dangerous problem. It's a problem of national security. It's a problem of terrorists," Mr. Trump said. "They find it's the easiest place to come through. They drive right in and make a left."

Zero drive right in and make a left.  Zero.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #8099 on: January 07, 2019, 10:08:03 PM »

Not helpful, Whisk

Well, if you ignore the facts, what is the point of more.facts. 0 terrorists coming in from the southern border. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0.
Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 4288