Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2645 2646 [2647] 2648 2649 ... 2733

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 503635 times)

jmmengel

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #39690 on: February 29, 2024, 09:59:31 PM »

Well, that is what the Key West B&B had. Personally I do not like red delicious, but free is free.

I have a relative who loves the Keys but hates those roosters, he not being a morning person.  I seem to have gotten the farmer gene in the family and have no problem with a 530 wakeup call.  Spouse not so much.  What's funny is neither of us is really a morning person.  So I experience early waking as an unwanted and odious superpower.
Must be pretty fucking lonely in ARTS.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #39691 on: February 29, 2024, 10:03:43 PM »

The poontang is tastier, though.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #39692 on: March 01, 2024, 10:44:42 AM »

https://apnews.com/article/regime-kate-winslet-hbo-25faa8187f8c6adb1813fe58791dadc5

Looks like something the political forum regulars might enjoy. 

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #39693 on: March 01, 2024, 01:31:10 PM »

https://www.salon.com/2024/02/23/dr-john-gartner-on-a-tale-of-two-brains-bidens-brain-is-aging-brain-is-dementing/

Dr. John Gartner on a tale of two brains - Bidens brain is aging. Trumps brain is dementing

This is a fundamental breakdown in the ability to use language, the renowned mental health expert says of Trump

Dr. John Gartner is a psychologist and former professor at the Johns Hopkins University Medical School. Gartner was a contributor to the 2017 bestseller The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump - 27 Psychiatrists and Mental Health Experts Assess a President.

In this conversation, Gartner argues that it is actually Donald Trump and not President Biden who is showing diminished mental acuity and dangerous behavior related to aging. Gartner explains that Donald Trumps escalating dangerousness is connected to what he believes is a diseased mind that will only get worse. Gartner warns that given Trumps dangerous personality and emotional state, (Gartner describes this as hypomanic behavior) he is almost certainly plotting revenge and how to make his enemies suffer as revenge for finally being held accountable by the courts and the rule of law. At the end of this conversation, Gartner explains how even on his worst day as an older person, President Biden is a far superior leader and decision-maker (and human being) than Donald Trump. 

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #39694 on: March 01, 2024, 01:40:54 PM »

I think psychologists do a disservice to their profession and their own patients when they use their credentials to diagnose people they haven't examined.

"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #39695 on: March 01, 2024, 02:22:08 PM »

What Is Hypomania?
Hypomania is characterized by overactive energy, mood, behavior, and activity levels significantly different from your normal state of mind. These mood episodes are usually shorter in duration and less severe than mania. Hypomania is a potential symptom of bipolar disorder, particularly bipolar II disorder.1

A hypomanic episode commonly manifests with unusual gaiety, excitement, flamboyance, or irritation, along with other characteristics such as inflated self-esteem, extreme talkativeness, increased distractibility, reduced need for sleep, and racing thoughts.2

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-hypomania-how-is-it-diagnosed-380313
« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 02:25:12 PM by luee »
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39696 on: March 01, 2024, 03:31:08 PM »

I think psychologists do a disservice to their profession and their own patients when they use their credentials to diagnose people they haven't examined.

So judgement criteria can only be applied effectively to observations of in person behavior and never to observations of recorded behavior no matter how varied and voluminous?

That is saying that 4 or 5 hours of personal interaction necessarily holds more behavioral clues than tape of events, interviews, etc. that played non stop run over a calendar year.

I would say that those two scenarios are categorically different enough that the skills and criteria would have to be applied differently and that giving conclusions obtained through extensive remote observation might need language to differentiate it from conclusions arrived at through standard sessions. However the condition is with the subject and a diagnosis is recognizing a pattern of behavior. Given that a duty to warn sits as high as other ethical standards in the profession and the nature of the circumstance of the subject in the case there needs to be a pathway for psychologists to weigh in.

Abstaining does not eliminate remote diagnosis. It just leaves the field to untrained amateurs who have already demonstrated they will not hold back.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #39697 on: March 01, 2024, 03:53:27 PM »

So judgement criteria can only be applied effectively to observations of in person behavior and never to observations of recorded behavior no matter how varied and voluminous?

You got it.  The issue of whether both psychiatrists and psychologists need to examine their patients before rendering their conclusions has been debated for years with no clear consensus being formed.    It looks like we're on different sides of the debate.  I'm fine calling Trump a moron without needing a psychological diagnosis to support me however.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 04:08:58 PM by Yankguy1 »
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #39698 on: March 01, 2024, 06:43:26 PM »

You got it.  The issue of whether both psychiatrists and psychologists need to examine their patients before rendering their conclusions has been debated for years with no clear consensus being formed.    It looks like we're on different sides of the debate.  I'm fine calling Trump a moron without needing a psychological diagnosis to support me however.
What do you call Joe Biden?

Walter Sobchak

• View Profile
« Reply #39699 on: March 01, 2024, 06:53:55 PM »

Often true.  An exception is when a condition has a particular strong behavioral symptomology and those behaviors are really well documented due to the person having high public visibility.  For example, forms of dementia can manifest in distinctive speech patterns and types of conceptual incoherence, as the article/interview gets into.  Where the person having power is a threat to national security and the lives of millions, there may be a felt obligation to alert the public to consistent and strong symptoms.

It's worth noting that behavioral profilers at the FBI also do such diagnoses in order to protect the public from dangerous psychopaths.

Walter Sobchak

• View Profile
« Reply #39700 on: March 01, 2024, 07:01:09 PM »

I would say that those two scenarios are categorically different enough that the skills and criteria would have to be applied differently and that giving conclusions obtained through extensive remote observation might need language to differentiate it from conclusions arrived at through standard sessions. However the condition is with the subject and a diagnosis is recognizing a pattern of behavior. Given that a duty to warn sits as high as other ethical standards in the profession and the nature of the circumstance of the subject in the case there needs to be a pathway for psychologists to weigh in.

I see now you covered some of those points I was trying to make.  Duty to warn, indeed.  The stakes could not be higher in this case.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #39701 on: March 01, 2024, 07:05:11 PM »

Often true.  An exception is when a condition has a particular strong behavioral symptomology and those behaviors are really well documented due to the person having high public visibility.  For example, forms of dementia can manifest in distinctive speech patterns and types of conceptual incoherence, as the article/interview gets into.  Where the person having power is a threat to national security and the lives of millions, there may be a felt obligation to alert the public to consistent and strong symptoms.

It's worth noting that behavioral profilers at the FBI also do such diagnoses in order to protect the public from dangerous psychopaths.
Another worthless( and unaccredited) slobber from the local cur.

Walter Sobchak

• View Profile
« Reply #39702 on: March 01, 2024, 07:05:50 PM »

Another laughable (but unaccredited) piece of garbage spewed out by the neighborhood cur.

I posted the Salon article and interview with Gartner. John Gartner is a psychologist and former professor at the Johns Hopkins University Medical School.  27 other professionals signed onto the book project that covered the matter. 

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #39703 on: March 01, 2024, 07:10:05 PM »

Another laughable (but unaccredited) piece of garbage spewed out by the neighborhood cur.

I posted the Salon article and interview with Gartner. John Gartner is a psychologist and former professor at the Johns Hopkins University Medical School.  27 other professionals signed onto the book project that covered the matter.
No, you did not.  But even if you did it would be as worthless as the idiot who posed as an expert on neighborhood crime.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #39704 on: March 01, 2024, 07:33:55 PM »

I did, actually.  At 1:31 EST, today.

https://www.salon.com/2024/02/23/dr-john-gartner-on-a-tale-of-two-brains-bidens-brain-is-aging-brain-is-dementing/

Dr. John Gartner on a tale of two brains - Bidens brain is aging. Trumps brain is dementing

This is a fundamental breakdown in the ability to use language, the renowned mental health expert says of Trump

Dr. John Gartner is a psychologist and former professor at the Johns Hopkins University Medical School. Gartner was a contributor to the 2017 bestseller The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump - 27 Psychiatrists and Mental Health Experts Assess a President.

In this conversation, Gartner argues that it is actually Donald Trump and not President Biden who is showing diminished mental acuity and dangerous behavior related to aging. Gartner explains that Donald Trumps escalating dangerousness is connected to what he believes is a diseased mind that will only get worse. Gartner warns that given Trumps dangerous personality and emotional state, (Gartner describes this as hypomanic behavior) he is almost certainly plotting revenge and how to make his enemies suffer as revenge for finally being held accountable by the courts and the rule of law. At the end of this conversation, Gartner explains how even on his worst day as an older person, President Biden is a far superior leader and decision-maker (and human being) than Donald Trump. 

And that concludes my responding to what is now clearly trolling.  Good day to you.
Pages: 1 ... 2645 2646 [2647] 2648 2649 ... 2733