Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1604 1605 [1606] 1607 1608 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1659042 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #24075 on: November 26, 2019, 09:37:12 AM »

Trump is Russia's worst enemy

Putin would have preferred Clinton - and will prefer Warren.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #24076 on: November 26, 2019, 09:54:15 AM »

Lol.

Putin would have preferred Clinton...

Proof that to be a Trumpist you need to be a dumbass with zero clue of what is going on in the world.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

barton

« Reply #24077 on: November 26, 2019, 10:07:09 AM »

I wonder if this is a “ long form “journalistic source Barton can sign onto?

“IT IS HARD TO READ THIS AS ANYTHING BUT A WARNING”: NEW POLLING SUGGESTS DEMOCRATS’ IMPEACHMENT PUSH COULD ALIENATE KEY VOTERS

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/11/new-poll-suggests-democrats-impeachment-push-could-alienate-key-voters

Not surprised.   A significant portion of Indies are information-poor when it comes to government, and any opening up of the data spigot triggers migraines and then rejection.  The fraction of Indies like me, who don't like the two party system and lean towards a Westminster system....is tiny. 

oilcan

« Reply #24078 on: November 26, 2019, 10:19:26 AM »

"Absolute testimonial immunity for senior-level White House aides appears to be a fiction that has been fastidiously maintained over time through the force of sheer repetition," the judge wrote.   

McGahn has to testify.   

https://www.npr.org/2019/11/25/782705643/federal-judge-rules-that-mcgahn-must-testify-delivering-blow-to-white-house

I don't know if a solid obstruction case will move the public opinion needle, either.  A lot of the information-poor have trouble understanding just what obstruction is, and repetition of the word just makes them shut down.   

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24079 on: November 26, 2019, 11:21:05 AM »

I don't know if a solid obstruction case will move the public opinion needle, either.  A lot of the information-poor have trouble understanding just what obstruction is.......
Ah. “ information-poor”!

Is that the same as DEPLORABLE?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #24080 on: November 26, 2019, 11:32:14 AM »

Shut the fuck up you clueless cretin...

Tucker: "Why do I care what is going on in the conflict between Ukraine and Russia? I'm serious. Why shouldn't I root for Russia? Which by the way I am." https://t.co/OQopoxPYD9
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24082 on: November 26, 2019, 11:57:35 AM »

I don't know if a solid obstruction case will move the public opinion needle, either.  A lot of the information-poor have trouble understanding just what obstruction is.......
Ah. “ information-poor”!

Does your mother also call you “information-poor”?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24083 on: November 26, 2019, 12:30:11 PM »

Ah. “ information-poor”!

You have never let us know.which of racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic or Islamaphobic you are that you were bothered by that term.

Meanwhile the President you worship refers to those opposing him as human scum.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

oilcan

« Reply #24084 on: November 26, 2019, 12:40:14 PM »

Ah. “ information-poor”!

If some people are ignorant, then it's neither false nor elitist to point that out.   I was borrowing Bart's term to describe less politically oriented citizens who don't strive to be informed on matters of law and governance.  If they don't vote, then I see that as a lifestyle choice and I wouldn't call it deplorable.  If they vote while in that condition of ignorance, then I think every public thinker from Thomas Jefferson and John Locke onwards would correctly brand it as deplorable.   

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24085 on: November 26, 2019, 12:56:18 PM »

Ah. “ information-poor”!

If some people are ignorant, then it's neither false nor elitist to point that out.   I was borrowing Bart's term to describe less politically oriented citizens who don't strive to be informed on matters of law and governance.  If they don't vote, then I see that as a lifestyle choice and I wouldn't call it deplorable.  If they vote while in that condition of ignorance, then I think every public thinker from Thomas Jefferson and John Locke onwards would correctly brand it as deplorable.
So it’s a maybe.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24086 on: November 26, 2019, 01:07:11 PM »

Just the other day Putin was quoted as saying, my worst enemy just abandoned his commitment to the Kurds and pulled out of Northern Syria so fast he not only let us take control of the area he left behind ready made.bases. Our worst.enemy wants to let us back in G7 while letting us keep Crimea. Our worst enemy is repeating propaganda form our security services. Except I believe he used air quotes around worst enemy each time.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24087 on: November 26, 2019, 01:11:58 PM »

It’s weird watching Red and Kid audition to be this era’s Hanoi Jane.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #24088 on: November 26, 2019, 01:14:00 PM »

Just the other day Putin was quoted as saying, my worst enemy just abandoned his commitment to the Kurds and pulled out of Northern Syria so fast he not only let us take control of the area he left behind ready made.bases. Our worst.enemy wants to let us back in G7 while letting us keep Crimea. Our worst enemy is repeating propaganda form our security services. Except I believe he used air quotes around worst enemy each time.
Oddly the Russian term for "worst enemy" is the exact same as "useful idiot".
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24089 on: November 26, 2019, 03:22:02 PM »

Yeah, that is why he put time and money into Trump and against Clinton. It's why Putin worked against Jeb and Marco.

Do you even listen to yourself?

Even the US Senate has admitted that Putin was working to get Trump elected.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 1604 1605 [1606] 1607 1608 ... 4288