Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 2734

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 504160 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #2520 on: February 26, 2021, 10:00:45 AM »

Governor Cuomo is not up for a lifetime appointment to the SCOTUS and subject to confirmation by the above named Democratic Senators.

Good thing you didn’t jump on yesterday’s talking points about Biden failing his 100 days target for opening schools... after 36 days.

I think Red gets troll points in his Q-troll league for the dumb shit he posts here.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: February 26, 2021, 10:11:10 AM »

Listening to Machiavellian Mitch unequivocally say yes he could support Trump in '24 was both sad and hilarious.

2 weeks ago MM laid the coup at his feet and all but gave a green light for Dems to go after him for criminal liability for his attack on democracy.

But as Trump retains his control of the Trumpublicans, and will be lead Fascist at C-CRAP, MM bent the knee.

This is what happens when there is no moral compass or overiding principles.

When attaining power is the only guiding light it will lead you to dark places.

The Rs are a corrupt amoral shit-show.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: February 26, 2021, 11:26:44 AM »

Governor Cuomo is not up for a lifetime appointment to the SCOTUS and subject to confirmation by the above named Democratic Senators.

You can count on RedWard to never pass up the chance to make a false equivalence. 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: February 26, 2021, 12:00:11 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2021/02/25/business/costco-minimum-wage-workers/index.html

Actually successful businesses embrace or exceed a $15 minimum wage.

Ones that don’t provide that level of income are all dependent on welfare to survive. No paying dividends for companies relying on that government cheese.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: February 26, 2021, 01:38:02 PM »

They are saying now in some circles that an estimated 475,000 Americans could lose their lives.

I wouldn't recommend facemasks until the death toll hits 500k ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: February 26, 2021, 01:40:23 PM »

So Trump doesn't want folks off the cruise ship because he doesn't want the official US number of cases to go up?
Jeez.

And didn't he only request $2.5B and Congress upped it to $8B?

Seriously, this has been largely a farce.
Wait til the virus really spreads in the US ...

4 confirmed cases in NJ.  A 5th suspected. 
https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/03/coronavirus-in-nj-another-resident-tests-positive-the-3rd-case-in-the-state.html
Get your masks ready ...

they don't help.

They do if you come in contact with someone who has the virus.
They can stop transmission and protect you from getting the virus.
Which is the whole point.  Why is this hard to understand?

Why do you think health care professionals wear them?

A lack of masks, a lack of protective gear, a lack of test kits and testing.

What did the US do during those 4-7 weeks when the disease was still largely contained in China but clearly a threat to go global?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: February 26, 2021, 01:41:49 PM »

Wearing a mask will provide a fair degree of protection, and in conjunction with other measures will prevent infections and save lives.

I'm glad you know more than the scientists, Bo.

Do as you will.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: February 26, 2021, 02:08:31 PM »

Glad to say I was masked, prepped, and hunkered down by the time those exchanges took place.

Told my fried in educational IT to prep for online only learning two weeks before his boss handed zoom for the entire district to him. It’s been his joy ride ever since.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: February 26, 2021, 02:51:31 PM »

Glad to say I was masked, prepped, and hunkered down by the time those exchanges took place.

Told my fried in educational IT to prep for online only learning two weeks before his boss handed zoom for the entire district to him. It’s been his joy ride ever since.

Got my Moderna #2 a couple of hours ago.

I've been masked since late Feb or early March and mostly hiding under my bed.

To those yet unvacced-my only side effect was a little soreness for about 2 days at the injection site. (shoulder)

And co-habitating with dust bunnies under the bed.

My 2 scents, If its available to you now get it done. 

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: February 26, 2021, 03:12:32 PM »

To those yet unvacced-my only side effect was a little soreness for about 2 days at the injection site. (shoulder)

Great. Glad that bankshot's shots are working out.

Was it difficult getting the appointment for shot #1?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: February 26, 2021, 03:21:13 PM »

The Biden administration on Friday afternoon released an intelligence report that concludes Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman approved an operation to capture or kill Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi inside his country’s consulate in Istanbul on Oct. 2, 2018.

The disclosure of the brief four-page declassified report, based on a CIA assessment, comes after more than two years of controversy about Khashoggi’s death that has upended relations with one of America’s oldest allies in the Mideast. The release by President Biden’s director of national intelligence, Avril Haines, also comes after a congressional requirement in 2019 that the agency’s conclusions about the murder be made publicly available — a step the Trump administration refused to follow but which Biden pledged to comply with during the presidential campaign.

The report provides little new information about what actually happened to Khashoggi and leaves out damning but classified details about the Saudi operation that was briefed to Congress in 2018. But it reaches the conclusion that the crown prince, Saudi Arabia’s de facto ruler and the son of 85-year-old King Salman, was directly involved based on the agency’s assessment that he had “absolute control of the Kingdom’s security and intelligence organizations, making it highly unlikely that Saudi officials would have carried out an operation of this nature without” his authorization...

...The release of the report comes the day after a phone call between President Biden and Saudi King Salman in which, according to a White House readout, the president “affirmed the importance the United States places on universal human rights and the rule of law.”

But there was no indication from the White House readout that the president raised Khashoggi’s murder and the crown prince’s complicity in it. At the same time, Biden stopped far short of fundamentally disrupting ties with the kingdom, long a key U.S. ally in the region. “The President told Salman he would work to make the bilateral relationship as strong and transparent as possible.”

https://news.yahoo.com/intelligence-report-saudi-prince-approved-operation-that-killed-jamal-khashoggi-185722684.html
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: February 26, 2021, 04:02:14 PM »

Back when the Pahlavi family was in charge of Iran then Iran was peaceful and the people had good human rights. Then there was the Islamic revolution and the Muslim extremists took over Iran. Iran then took our people hostage. But there were still some good people in Iran, as Iran released the hostages when Reagan was elected, and then later Reagan sold Iran weapons.

We need to find the good people in Iran who we can support, and we need to let the Muslim extremists go be homeless by themselves.

Farah Pahlavi lives in France, and she is a nice peaceful lady. And some of the Pahlavi family members live in New York. And Beverly Hills, California, is home to many people from Iran.

We need to be pro-active in Iran, and we need to buoy the people who we support, the good peaceful progressive people in Iran need to rise to the top, while the Muslim extremists fall to the bottom.

Saudi Arabia and others are buoying the Muslim extremists, so we need to see who is doing it and we need to cut off the Saudi support for the Muslim extremists, we need for the violent extremists to fall while the good peaceful progressives rise.

And we have good Persians like Mahlagha Jaberi here in San Diego who can help to promote the ideals of peace.

We can have peace, but we are going to have to work for it.

On the issue of peaceful and prosperous regions in the Middle East, there is Abu Dhabi and Dubai, and the Muslim refugees and desperate people of the Middle East can be essential workers in Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Instead of people being suicide bombers out of desperation, they can go to Dubai and be a construction worker, or other honest job.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 04:24:08 PM by FlyingVProd »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: February 26, 2021, 04:03:06 PM »

Great. Glad that bankshot's shots are working out.

Was it difficult getting the appointment for shot #1?

About 5 weeks ago I received a blast e-mail from my HC provider asking that patients not call or e-mail the HC provider re vaccine shots as they had no info and employee time was being diverted. Then literally 2 days later my primary dr office called me asking if I wanted the vac and I said "yes" and the 2 appts were schedules at the same time.

And it went off as planned.

I was talking to a friend in NY state last night and she was spending a lot of time unsuccessfully trying to get her 89 YO father his vacc.  So state by state experiences vary.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: February 26, 2021, 04:10:28 PM »

Wonder if the Biden goal is to have MBS sidelined or just restrained.
Ought to push the king to change the line of succession to a more stable royal or elections (snicker).  But if 85 year old King Salman tried to push MBS out and name a different successor, would MBS just take over since he already controls the levers of power?
At the very least, Biden should apply pressure on SA to stop the war in Yemen.

Two months after MBS became Defense Secretary, Saudi Arabia launched its horrendous and continuing war against poor Yemen.   Then after he sidelined other contenders and became de facto leader, MBS kidnapped and kept hostage much of the ruling elite, until they handed over a couple $100B's.  Then kidnapped and kept hostage the Lebanese PM until he resigned.  Then blockaded Qatar demanding they stop engaging with Iran and shut down Al Jazeera news network.  Then kidnapped and dismembered Kashoggi.
Kidnapping seems to be his M.O.

MBS is popular because he's opened things up.  Movie theaters reopened after being closed for decades, women can drive and have some limited freedom, music concerts and other entertainment was allowed, SA opened for non-Hajj tourism, etc.  But he's also rampaged around and been erratic, and is so far unwilling to stop killing Yemenis.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 2734