Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1606 1607 [1608] 1609 1610 ... 1849

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 935336 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
DRose
« Reply #24105 on: July 01, 2022, 05:34:35 PM »

Not expecting a whole lot from Derrick.  He could go the way of Kemba.  Its fine.  We are covered.

Thibs' bond with DRose is quite a bit more profound that any connection he had with Kemba. 

As you may recall, DRose had very nice chemistry with Obi and Quickley playing off the ball.  Rose provided a template for how to get Obi involved, and I recall quite a few sweet bac cuts along the base line. 

For that matter, I wouldn't be surprised to see Rose get some minutes WITH Brunson.  As you know, when Rose was in his salad days with  the Bulls, and Rick Brunson was an AC for Thibs, Rose had something of a mentor's/big brother relationship with Jalen.  I would expect him to be quite motivated to continue the big brother role. 

Then again, I would think that Thibs' love of vets notwithstanding, that Rose, like Gibson, will have a greater, assistant coach/end of the bench/emergency plug in role in the event that Brunson-IQ-McBride or Mitchell-Isaiah-Jericho go down. 

We have nice depth from 1-through-15, and some promising players coming along on our Westchester team, including Hunt and Sims. 

With our depth and draft resources, we are well positioned to take advantage in the event free agents come on the market, as unlikely as that seems. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Rudy Gobert
« Reply #24106 on: July 01, 2022, 05:52:15 PM »

Apparently the Utah-Minnesota trnasaction is still shaking out. 

Supposedly Wolves send 2022 # 1 pick Walker Kessler, Patrick Beverley, Malik Beasley, Jared Vanderbilt and Leonardo Balmaro also on their way to Utah, as well as 2023, 2025, 2027, 2029 #1 picks. 

Damn, the Bucks didn't get anything close to that return for Kareem Abdul Jabbar. 

On June 16, 1975, the Los Angeles Lakers acquired Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Walt Wesley from the Milwaukee Bucks in exchange for Elmore Smith, Brian Winters, Junior Bridgeman and Dave Meyers.

YIKES.  What were the Wolves thinking.  Danny Ainge must've had compromising pictures of KAT. 
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 05:59:18 PM by chipstern »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #24107 on: July 01, 2022, 07:06:27 PM »

Heh

Interesting take Monsieur Stern

chipstern

• View Profile
History
« Reply #24108 on: July 01, 2022, 07:36:46 PM »

By re-signing with New York, Robinson became the first Knicks draft pick in 23 years to earn a multi-year second contract with the team, breaking the Charlie Ward Curse.

Worth giving Scott Perry credit for getting Robinson with the Bulls' second rounder pick from OKC in the exchange for Carmelo Anthony, after Phool Jagoff torpedoed his trade value.  Scored Enes Kanter and Doug McDermott, later flipping McDermott, inexplicably, for Emmanuel Mudiay, whom Fizdale nurtured at the expense of developmental time for Ntilikina, then the Knicks LET MUDIAY WALK.   

Speaking of players Fizdale developed then the Knicks let walk, Luke Kornet just reupped with the Celtics for two more seasons. 
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 07:46:38 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Donte
« Reply #24109 on: July 01, 2022, 07:45:06 PM »

Donte DiVincenzo has agreed to a two year $9.3 million deal with the Golden State Warriors

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24110 on: July 01, 2022, 07:55:37 PM »

Beautiful.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
huh?
« Reply #24111 on: July 01, 2022, 09:07:33 PM »

Beautiful.

Who's beautiful?

Trumptin? Trump Jr.? Eric? Ivanka?...

Ron DeSantis? Ted Cruz?... ... ...

Marjorie Taylor Greene? Lauren Boebert?...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 09:48:12 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: huh?
« Reply #24112 on: July 01, 2022, 09:50:35 PM »

Beautiful.

Who's beautiful?

Trumptin? Trump Jr.? Eric? Ivanka?...

Ron DeSantis? Ted Cruz?... ... ...

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Agree
« Reply #24113 on: July 01, 2022, 09:54:59 PM »

Chip, I agree with your selection.

Just not sure ChamAAco would too.

Chams, what do you say?
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24114 on: July 01, 2022, 10:16:25 PM »

If that ain't enough Knicks fans, well, you might request a trade.  I hear Brooklyn is an up and comer.   

Have to see who BK ends up with and just how big an asshole some of you here are before I decide who to follow for '22-'23 
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
huh? #2
« Reply #24115 on: July 01, 2022, 11:18:14 PM »

If that ain't enough Knicks fans, well, you might request a trade.  I hear Brooklyn is an up and comer.   

Have to see who BK ends up with and just how big an asshole some of you here are before I decide who to follow for '22-'23

Who is Chamaco angry 😡 at?

The Knicks?

The Nyets?

me?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 11:20:51 PM by carlos123 »

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24116 on: July 02, 2022, 12:35:09 AM »

Kiddo has been having a hard time ever since Kyrie entered his Vaseline eating stage. 
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
How about the Thunder?
« Reply #24117 on: July 02, 2022, 12:54:41 AM »

Kiddo has been having a hard time ever since Kyrie entered his Vaseline eating stage.

Maybe he should follow OKC.

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
The Harder They Fall
« Reply #24118 on: July 02, 2022, 09:41:29 AM »

The Hornets have washed their hands of Miles Bridges.

He is now an unrestricted free agent. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Jalen Brunson: Received Wisdom [The Final Word]
« Reply #24119 on: July 02, 2022, 10:06:54 AM »

Most of the learned scribes, touts and commentators who've weighed in on the Knicks draft and free agent machinations, in a round up of winners and losers, have reflexively proclaimed us losers in affixing grades of C+ and such to our calculated moves. 

GIVEN, we have a less than scintilating track record, and last season's meltdown, in which seemingly every move we made blew up in our faces, has surely fermented a petri dish of smug dismissal. 

Hey, are we surprised? 

But I tell you what, people are seriously underestimating Jalen Brunson, and pooh pooing his talent, his pedigree, his leadership and his game, AS IF THEY PLAYOFFS NEVER HAPPENNED. 

"Let's see how he does without Luka drawing defensive attention."

Uhhhhhh, we've already seen how he did without Luka, when handed the keys to the car, and it was pretty bloody impressive. 

https://nypost.com/2022/07/02/derek-harper-promises-knicks-fans-will-love-jalen-brunson/

There is an interesting read in this morning's NY POST, in which ex-Maverick/Knick point guard, DEREK HARPER, the rudder of our Pat Riley-led 1993-1994 NBA Finals Knicks, speaks up with considerable enthusiasm on behalf of JALEN BRUNSON, taken from the perspective of a winning point guard, and as a Mavs broadcaster who has watched Jalen Brunson compete and come of age. 

Pages: 1 ... 1606 1607 [1608] 1609 1610 ... 1849