Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1486 1487 [1488] 1489 1490 ... 1850

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 941860 times)

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Blocked
« Reply #22305 on: January 14, 2022, 12:46:04 PM »

Atlanta has been looking to move him. They were just waiting for a team to meet their price. The Knicks were the first team that did.

https://theathletic.com/3069571/2022/01/13/cam-reddish-traded-how-hell-fit-with-knicks-why-the-hawks-gave-up-on-him-right-now-and-more/?source=nbatw

Not jumping up and down over this one. Had tons of minutes in Atlanta and hasn't developed much. Doesn't bother me much though unless he eats into too many Grimes minutes.

Les, my doggie, The Athletic site is blocked for non-subscribers.

Maybe you can copy/paste some of the article?

Check for a PM.

Thanks Josh, it must have been a lot of work. I really appreciate it.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
And thanks to you too
« Reply #22306 on: January 14, 2022, 12:47:14 PM »

There was a sentiment from some inside the Hawks last season that replacing former head coach Lloyd Pierce, along with Reddishs unavailability due to an Achilles injury, were keys to the teams turnaround, which ended in an Eastern Conference finals berth.

If Reddish ends up turning into the player he has shown he can be, it is ultimately not much of a return for the Hawks. If he continues to be inconsistent on both ends of the floor, getting a first-round pick is a worthwhile return for Atlanta general manager Travis Schlenk.

It all depends on the growth of Reddish.

(and that is about all I can do in respect to copyright law and the need to remove apostrophes which seem to trigger the Elba post truncate function)

Thanks Les. I appreciate the effort.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: The Era Of Hard Knox
« Reply #22307 on: January 14, 2022, 02:02:13 PM »

IIRC, that year's draft class voted Reddish likely to have the best career.
Still has to put it together, but a significant talent.

You've got to hand it to Leon Rose & His Gang Of Merry Men. Coming off of a 7-3 run to 21-21, and a signature game in which THIBS' D was manifest, RJ excelled, the team was coherent [and we dominated on our home court], A TRADE, a signficant trade, one might even say A ONE SIDED TRADE for a young 3&D, certainly got the faithful and those on a fence hopeful, that the season might just be starting.  [/color][/font][/size]

*Cam Reddish is one of only two players who have attempted more than 150 free throws and more than 75 three-pointers this season, while shooting at least 90% from the free-throw line and 37.5% from downtown.  The other player in this club is Steph Curry.

*Six months ago, the Knicks entered the 2021 draft with the 19th, 21st and 32nd picks.

New York has flipped those three picks into:
Cam Reddish,
Quentin Grimes,
Roku Jokubaitis,
Deuce McBride,
Solomon Hill,
Detroit's 2024 second-round pick,
Brooklyn's 2025 second-round pick.

To provide some context, the 19th, 21st and 32nd picks in the 2021 draft ended up as:
Kai Jones (19), Keon Johnson (21), and Jeremiah Robinson-Earl (32).
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #22308 on: January 14, 2022, 02:12:30 PM »

Last year Reggie Bullock the role player played defense and stood in the corners waiting for a kickout so he could nail a three.

Cam Reddish is here to defend and to stand in the corners where he is shooting 48% from 3.

Thibs just wanted his role player back, probably whined to the FO about losing Bullock, so yesterday the front office said here's your (younger, taller) Bullock.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Hallelujah!!!
« Reply #22309 on: January 14, 2022, 02:52:04 PM »

I'd be up for RedCam getting 10 mins from Burks, another 5 to keep RJB's workload down, and another 5 from FourEva.  The extra athleticism will be welcome.  RedCam a project but with AS potential.

Finally!!!

Now we have TWO BoZ names in our roster.

I was getting worried with just one. Keep it up, BoZ, make it a Zree!

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Creddish
« Reply #22310 on: January 14, 2022, 03:07:01 PM »

Someone who hails from Creda, Italy.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Creddish
« Reply #22311 on: January 14, 2022, 05:30:10 PM »

Someone who hails from Creda, Italy.

U trying to give BoZ new ideas?

Good name, but I think he's set on RedCam.

We'll see...
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 05:36:56 PM by carlos123 »

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: The Era Of Hard Knox
« Reply #22312 on: January 14, 2022, 07:19:36 PM »

IIRC, that year's draft class voted Reddish likely to have the best career.
Still has to put it together, but a significant talent.

You've got to hand it to Leon Rose & His Gang Of Merry Men. Coming off of a 7-3 run to 21-21, and a signature game in which THIBS' D was manifest, RJ excelled, the team was coherent [and we dominated on our home court], A TRADE, a signficant trade, one might even say A ONE SIDED TRADE for a young 3&D, certainly got the faithful and those on a fence hopeful, that the season might just be starting.  [/color][/font][/size]

*Cam Reddish is one of only two players who have attempted more than 150 free throws and more than 75 three-pointers this season, while shooting at least 90% from the free-throw line and 37.5% from downtown.  The other player in this club is Steph Curry.

*Six months ago, the Knicks entered the 2021 draft with the 19th, 21st and 32nd picks.

New York has flipped those three picks into:
Cam Reddish,
Quentin Grimes,
Roku Jokubaitis,
Deuce McBride,
Solomon Hill,
Detroit's 2024 second-round pick,
Brooklyn's 2025 second-round pick.

To provide some context, the 19th, 21st and 32nd picks in the 2021 draft ended up as:
Kai Jones (19), Keon Johnson (21), and Jeremiah Robinson-Earl (32).

Could have had Isaiah Jackson and still had Grimes and McB.

We'll see how it works out.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #22313 on: January 15, 2022, 12:50:24 AM »

Still early days for the rooks, we'll be hearing form some unknowns soon enough.
#20 Jalen Johnson is intriguing, and part of the reason ATL could part with RedCam.
Quite a deep strong draft.

So far the breakout 2nd rounder is Herb Jones (#35).
JR Earl has looked solid.
Weiskamp #41 can't miss.
Kessler Edwards has game #44.
Dosunmu #38 intriguing.

Good year to be a 2nd rounder, as lots of Covid absences have opened up minutes for everyone.

Interesting that out of the Top 10 picks, Franz Wagner is the only one shooting above 33% on 3's.  Barnes has a nice looking stroke, but is the next highest at 32.6%.  6 out of the Top 10 are below 30%.  Odd in this era of 3-point shooting.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 01:49:40 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #22314 on: January 15, 2022, 01:26:19 AM »

Watched 1st half of POR-DEN.
Dennis Jr. Smith starting for Lillard.
Smith was able to get lefty layups coming off FT line picks.
The one 3 he tried barely grazed front rim.
Had a pretty solid half, until the last minute and half, when he whipped a crosscourt pass to the corner into the stands and then had his layup blocked by a pre-positioned Joker.  Maybe a bit fatigued by then.  Jr. Smith didn't really show signs of being able to run a team or set up teammates.  He did get a PnR assist to Nurkic, but really fed him the ball too soon, making for a somewhat tough finish.
Anyway, was surprised to see DSJ starting anywhere, but I guess that's what this season has come down to.

I couldn't really judge Jr Smith's D, since DEN was playing without a Point, letting Joker handle the distribution.   Later Compazzo came in and caused havoc, but Smith was only on him some.  One mesmerizing play, Facundo picked a Blazer's pocket and then when McCollum tried to slow the fast break, Compazzo dribbled through McC's legs and kept going.  Brilliant stuff, but Bones Hyland clanked the wide open corner 3, blowing the highlight.  Bones has looked ostio-arthritic.  Game moving too fast for him at this stage.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22315 on: January 15, 2022, 10:33:26 AM »

15.6 game score for Dennis

Just his second this season

Guess how many Reddish has - THREE

Cam out tonight vs Hawks (ankle)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22316 on: January 15, 2022, 10:36:44 AM »

Last year Reggie Bullock the role player played defense and stood in the corners waiting for a kickout so he could nail a three.

Cam Reddish is here to defend and to stand in the corners where he is shooting 48% from 3.

Thibs just wanted his role player back, probably whined to the FO about losing Bullock, so yesterday the front office said here's your (younger, taller) Bullock.

Disagree

I think when we get him healthy you will  see Reddish slashing to the hoop more than you imagine.  He wont pass on open threes but will look to get to the hoop.  Even on the end of lobs - something we do not get from Grimes or RJ or Evan.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22317 on: January 15, 2022, 10:41:32 AM »

Weiskamp #41 can't miss.

My pick at 32

Jackson, Hyland, Weiskamp had we stood pat.  Garza may have factored if I saw he was available.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #22318 on: January 15, 2022, 11:34:16 AM »

Red Cam has a game similar to RJB, but faster and wilder.

This writer is harsher on Westbrooks two crappy clutch 3's than I was.
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/why-the-lakers-have-to-start-reconsidering-russell-westbrooks-role-if-this-season-is-going-to-be-salvaged/
You can see both on vids embedded in the article.

The precise nature of Russell Westbrooks loss-clinching miss hardly needs to be described because it's been such a common feature of his career. Westbrook dribbled out the bulk of the shot-clock before hoisting an ill-fated pull-up 3-pointer. Clank.

For both, the Kings baited Russ into jacking the 3, by playing well off of him.
Rustbrook was 2-212 FG before those ill-advised jacks. Both misses weren't even close.
That writer calls for Westbrook to come off the bench.  And stop taking clutch shots.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22319 on: January 15, 2022, 01:45:57 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 1486 1487 [1488] 1489 1490 ... 1850