Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1562 1563 [1564] 1565 1566 ... 2743

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 506437 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #23445 on: January 26, 2022, 09:25:15 AM »

Let us see.
Brandon is committing at least 8400 federal troops to help secure the border of Ukraine from invasion of foreigners.
How does that compare to the number of federal troops he committed to protect OUR southern border from the invasion of foreigners?

8400/0

Thanks,Brandon

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #23446 on: January 26, 2022, 11:19:33 AM »

https://www.cbp.gov/about

More than 60,000 employees, around 20,000 are border patrol officers.

Fucktard.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23447 on: January 26, 2022, 11:23:38 AM »

Let us see.
Brandon is committing at least 8400 federal troops to help secure the border of Ukraine from invasion of foreigners.
How does that compare to the number of federal troops he committed to protect OUR southern border from the invasion of foreigners?

8400/0

Thanks,Brandon
Discounting the posse comitatus statute that would prevent US troops from actually doing anything to enforce the immigration laws, like, oh, stop people from entering, and the 20,000 actual enforcement personnel whose job it is to enforce immigration. And the difference between an actual invasion involving troops, and an unarmed migration across a border with no military intent. Among other reasons why the post you glommed from some right wing on line diatribe is utter bull shit.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #23448 on: January 26, 2022, 11:24:47 AM »

For those of you who erroneously think CRT is being taught in the pre-collegiate classroom, a free book from the Heritage Foundation on how to fight it:

https://secured.heritage.org/7steps-crt-ebook

No, really. That is what this book is for and about. And it's free.

The first casualty in a culture war is the truth.  To compound their lies, they try to link CRT with Marxism.  Yeah, red menace always plays in Peoria.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #23449 on: January 26, 2022, 11:29:00 AM »

Let us see.

8400/0

Thanks,Brandon
Discounting the posse comitatus statute that would prevent US troops from actually doing anything to enforce the immigration laws, like, oh, stop people from entering, and the 20,000 actual enforcement personnel whose job it is to enforce immigration. And the difference between an actual invasion involving troops, and an unarmed migration across a border with no military intent. Among other reasons why the post you glommed from some right wing on line diatribe is utter bull shit.

Cross posted - thanks for expanding on the topic.  I guess "Brandon" is the clue that he's not really on a serious quest for facts...

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23450 on: January 26, 2022, 12:15:26 PM »

Something kept bothering me all night and then it hit me.

My old bud, Cliff Baxter, died twenty years ago today.

He was a really good guy!

Do "good guys" abandon their families and kill themselves so they don't have to answer questions before Congress as to why they sold their $30 million dollars of Enron stock just before the company went belly up?

I think you missed a tongue firmly planted in a cheek, Ham.

Nah, we were buds.

The guy I knew was a prince..

And there you go.

Stick your smugness up your ass.

Get some humility instead of trying to make it seem like you've had a Gump-like existence with anyone who's ever been in the news, you lying shut-in.

What can I say?

My life has been waaaaay more interesting than yours.

No brags, just facts.

You don't know anything about me, so you can't make that judgement. But go ahead and think what you think. Your bitterness keeps you alive, it seems.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Holly Martins

« Reply #23451 on: January 26, 2022, 12:27:35 PM »

Jan 26 (Reuters)  Liberal Justice Stephen Breyer, at 83 the oldest member of the U.S. Supreme Court, will retire at the end of the court s current term that runs until the end of June, NBC News and CNN reported on Wednesday, giving President Joe Biden the opportunity to appoint a successor who could serve for decades.

Holy jumping Jesus on a joyride,  that is good news!

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #23452 on: January 26, 2022, 01:01:50 PM »

Let us see.

8400/0

Thanks,Brandon

Cross posted - thanks for expanding on the topic.  I guess "Brandon" is the clue that he's not really on a serious quest for facts...
Actually, "REDSTATEWARD" is.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23453 on: January 26, 2022, 01:11:52 PM »

Let us see.

8400/0

Thanks,Brandon
Certainly you could do better than that.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23454 on: January 26, 2022, 01:12:08 PM »

For those of you who erroneously think CRT is being taught in the pre-collegiate classroom, a free book from the Heritage Foundation on how to fight it:

The first casualty in a culture war is the truth.  To compound their lies, they try to link CRT with Marxism.  Yeah, red menace always plays in Peoria.

The link from CRT to Marxism is almost legit, as the folks writing about it originally were/are explicitly Marxists.

Doesn't change our history.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23455 on: January 26, 2022, 01:13:08 PM »

Jan 26 (Reuters)  Liberal Justice Stephen Breyer, at 83 the oldest member of the U.S. Supreme Court, will retire at the end of the court s current term that runs until the end of June, NBC News and CNN reported on Wednesday, giving President Joe Biden the opportunity to appoint a successor who could serve for decades.

Holy jumping Jesus on a joyride,  that is good news!

The GOP intends to try to block it.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #23456 on: January 26, 2022, 01:27:31 PM »

Let us see.

8400/0

Thanks,Brandon
Yes I could, but why should I bother? You have no substantive answer to even that much, and it is always a waste of effort to try to engage you in a discussion.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #23457 on: January 26, 2022, 01:43:38 PM »

I sent messages on Facebook to Biden, Harris, and to Secretary Fudge, about building housing for the 60,000 homeless people in Los Angeles and for the 100,000 new immigrants from Afghanistan, and for our other homeless people and immigrants, we can help everyone at once, we can help our immigrants and we can help our homeless people all at the same time, we can mix them all together and help them all at once. All men are created equal, and we can help them all at once.

And I told them that HUD can get land in Battle Mountain, Nevada, for one thousand dollars per acre, and that they can bring in architects from Greece, and from Spain, etc.

We need to get serious about helping our homeless people, like Sweden did, Sweden built one million new homes over a ten year period, and the USA needs to do the same thing. We can buy land in Battle Mountain for one thousand dollars per acre and we can start building Greek-style apartment complexes with swimming pools and tennis courts.

Salute,

Tony V.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23458 on: January 26, 2022, 01:45:26 PM »

Let us see.

8400/0

Thanks,Brandon
Yes I could, but why should I bother? You have no substantive answer to even that much, and it is always a waste of effort to try to engage you in a discussion.
Espcially since you have but one response repeated ad nauseum

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23459 on: January 26, 2022, 02:24:51 PM »

The link from CRT to Marxism is almost legit, as the folks writing about it originally were/are explicitly Marxists.

Doesn't change our history.

Common denominator

Negroes
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1562 1563 [1564] 1565 1566 ... 2743