Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1649619 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #5550 on: November 05, 2018, 09:29:57 AM »

Kid,  I guess you didn't actually read the Post article on all the other polling firms that got wildly different AA approval ratings from Rasmussen for Trump .   Your closed mind duly noted.   

In case anyone else interested....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2018/08/17/no-one-third-of-african-americans-dont-support-trump-not-even-close/?utm_term=.21a34f3dfdec

Don't trust outlier polls.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 09:35:08 AM by Bart »

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5551 on: November 05, 2018, 10:15:13 AM »

At the time of Kidman's birth, her father was a graduate student at the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa. He became a visiting fellow at the National Institute of Mental Health of the United States. Opposed to the war in Vietnam, Kidman's parents participated in anti-war protests while living in Washington, D.C. The family returned to Australia when Kidman was four....   

Fucking foreign criminals,  coming in and disrupting our social fabric.
Come from their shit hole country and squeeze one out and claim citizenship. Deport her.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5552 on: November 05, 2018, 11:10:32 AM »

It’s time to finally defeat Johnny Reb & his enthroned mascot, the turd burger.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/nov/04/the-american-civil-war-didnt-end-and-trump-is-a-confederate-president

Red won’t like this, but in his role as Birmingham Bob he’s not supposed to.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #5553 on: November 05, 2018, 11:20:40 AM »

Torn, you're the second to post that Guardian link.  And you're right, Red didn't like it.  Tried to mansplain Rebecca Solnit. 

Whisky - she's definitely one of "The Others."  Ha!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5554 on: November 05, 2018, 11:37:46 AM »

"Washington knows what it's doing..."

It sure does, Bambi!

Lying.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5555 on: November 05, 2018, 12:32:19 PM »

It turns out there is a very specific term for what is going on under the republican umbrella

Plunderbund

http://wordsmith.org/words/plunderbund.html

Trump is calling for chaos in the streets. The plunderbund is right beside him. The misadministration must be stopped before it leads us further into civil war.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #5556 on: November 05, 2018, 12:47:11 PM »

Kid,  I guess you didn't actually read the Post article on all the other polling firms that got wildly different AA approval ratings from Rasmussen for Trump .   Your closed mind duly noted.   

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2018/08/17/no-one-third-of-african-americans-dont-support-trump-not-even-close/?utm_term=.21a34f3dfdec

Dems got 93% of the AA vote under Obama. Even 20-30% is an improvement?

---Some 88% of African-American voters supported Clinton, versus 8% for Donald Trump, as of very early Wednesday morning. While that's a large margin, it's not as big as Obama's victory over Mitt Romney in 2012. Obama locked up 93% of the black vote to Romney's 7%.---
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5557 on: November 05, 2018, 12:50:04 PM »

Torn, you're the second to post that Guardian link.  And you're right, Red didn't like it.  Tried to mansplain Rebecca Solnit. 

Whisky - she's definitely one of "The Others."  Ha!

I remember it being posted the first time. The kooks with pasty red faces, frothy mouths, and clenched fists have dug further into the great sack of lies left over from Jeff Davis’ failed experiment and murderous romp since the article was published, first posted, and first commented on here.

“Where are my bikers?” Brown shirts for black leather in the redux of the confederacy redux.

Why we all need to vote and never for republicans.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5558 on: November 05, 2018, 12:52:33 PM »

He keeps losing in court so he can’t as many from the polls...

Can you smelllll the desperation?

http://sos.ga.gov/index.php/general/sos_releases_more_details_over_failed_cyberattack_officially_requests_fbi_to_investigate
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5559 on: November 05, 2018, 12:56:05 PM »

---Some 88% of African-American voters supported Clinton, versus 8% for Donald Trump, as of very early Wednesday morning. While that's a large margin, it's not as big as Obama's victory over Mitt Romney in 2012. Obama locked up 93% of the black vote to Romney's 7%.---

Shiiiiit. Even Kanye tryna get his black card back... but he ain’t invited to the cook out.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5560 on: November 05, 2018, 01:00:46 PM »

It turns out there is a very specific term for what is going on under the republican umbrella

Plunderbund

http://wordsmith.org/words/plunderbund.html

Trump is calling for chaos in the streets. The plunderbund is right beside him. The misadministration must be stopped before it leads us further into civil war.

Been following this blog out of Ohio for years, back when I was working for OFA.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #5561 on: November 05, 2018, 01:09:10 PM »

What exactly did Obama do for Black people in America during his 8 years in office?

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #5562 on: November 05, 2018, 01:14:16 PM »

http://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/celebrity/pamela-anderson-says-supernumbermetoo-movement-is-a-bit-too-much-and-feminism-is-a-bore/ar-BBPmuSz?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

"I think this feminism can go too far," Anderson stated. "I'm a feminist, but I think that this third wave of feminism is a bore."

The 51-year-old actress added, "I think it paralyses men."

#####

So do I.

"I think that this #MeToo movement is a bit too much for me," Anderson said. "I'm sorry, I'll probably get killed for saying that... but my mother taught me, don't go to a hotel with a stranger."

#####

Indeed.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5563 on: November 05, 2018, 01:33:58 PM »

What exactly did Obama do for Black people in America during his 8 years in office?

He was the president of the entire United States?

How do folks say on one hand, Obama was the divider in Chief for focusing too much on black people... on the other hand they then ask “what did Obama do for black people?”

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 4288