Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1585 1586 [1587] 1588 1589 ... 2742

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 506359 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #23792 on: February 03, 2022, 10:12:06 PM »

We have 60,000 people in Los Angeles alone who are homeless.

Our only answer is to build ourselves out of this crisis, like Sweden did.

We can bring in architects from Greece, and from Spain, and from Italy, etc.

We can have apartment complexes like the ones in Santorini, Greece, for our homeless people. In Battle Mountain, Nevada, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23793 on: February 03, 2022, 10:17:06 PM »

Justice?

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2022/2/3/22916093/jason-van-dyke-released-prison-laquan-mcdonald

With all the criminals being let out early or not even s erving a day.....

Yeah, I know - this one is different.

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23794 on: February 03, 2022, 10:26:29 PM »

Justice?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/feb/03/fight-to-vote-tennessee-pamela-moses-convicted

Thanks for posting this.

It demonstrates the lengths to which Tennessee will go to keep itself a third world feudal state.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23795 on: February 03, 2022, 10:28:05 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23796 on: February 03, 2022, 10:28:28 PM »

I know this is difficult to accept, especially for minority communities marginalized by police and the criminal justice system for decades, but this (the conviction and sentence) is a sign of progress, he said.

Any length of time for a former cop is difficult, McMahon added.  He was physically attacked, spent most of the time in isolation and that is the result of the very real danger he faced day in and day out for the last 3  and a half years.

Van Dyke, 43, dropped appeals of his conviction a year into his sentence because, his attorneys said, he wanted to serve out his time and avoid further attention.

Van Dyke was beaten by inmates at a federal prison in Danbury, Connecticut early in his sentence. He has spent much of his time behind bars since in solitary confinement and has been repeatedly transferred among prisons.

Van Dyke will serve three years on supervised release, equivalent to parole, which will require occasional check-ins with a court officer.

Wherever he lives in Illinois, he will also have to give information to his local police department for the states Violent Offender Against Youth Registry, which would typically make information such as his address available on a public database.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2022/2/3/22916093/jason-van-dyke-released-prison-laquan-mcdonald

« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 10:30:22 PM by kidcarter8 »
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23797 on: February 03, 2022, 11:55:50 PM »

I know this is difficult to accept, especially for minority communities marginalized by police and the criminal justice system for decades, but this (the conviction and sentence) is a sign of progress, he said.

Any length of time for a former cop is difficult, McMahon added.  He was physically attacked, spent most of the time in isolation and that is the result of the very real danger he faced day in and day out for the last 3  and a half years.

Van Dyke, 43, dropped appeals of his conviction a year into his sentence because, his attorneys said, he wanted to serve out his time and avoid further attention.

Van Dyke was beaten by inmates at a federal prison in Danbury, Connecticut early in his sentence. He has spent much of his time behind bars since in solitary confinement and has been repeatedly transferred among prisons.

Van Dyke will serve three years on supervised release, equivalent to parole, which will require occasional check-ins with a court officer.

Wherever he lives in Illinois, he will also have to give information to his local police department for the states Violent Offender Against Youth Registry, which would typically make information such as his address available on a public database.

He murdered that kid.

Shot him 16 times... 9 rounds in the back.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23798 on: February 04, 2022, 12:10:52 AM »

For LB.....

I hear the train a coming
It is coming around the bend
I aint seen the sunshine
In I dont know when
Im stuck in federal prison
And life is so unfair...

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23801 on: February 04, 2022, 09:51:52 AM »

Six children killed so we could play whack a mole.  Yay.

Children who will grow up to kill you and yours, idiot.

This ain't a game to them, so I don't know why you think it should be for us.
No, they would have grown up to lead the efforts for peace in the Middle East. One of them in particular would have grown up to be a key figure in the final resolution of the conflict between Islam and the west,ending to an end of all religious conflict.

Jesus Forrest, your racism is bottomless.

Doubling down on your idiocy?

And, as usual, instead of a real argument you trot out the "R" card.

You're as predictable as RED always been and Larry's become.

Time to get a new act.

And retire this one.

Sad.

Hammy when you post stuff like this it just confirms you have earned your scarlet letter.

Sleepy Joe?

This a big fucking deal

Last night at my direction, U.S. military forces in northwest Syria successfully undertook a counterterrorism operation to protect the American people and our Allies, and make the world a safer place. Thanks to the skill and bravery of our Armed Forces, we have taken off the battlefield Abu Ibrahim al-Hashimi al-Qurayshi, the leader of ISIS.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/03/us/politics/us-raid-syria.html

Abu-hoo...sniff. Fuck those sand fleas.

Good job, Joe.

Fuck you, you worn out racist asshole.

Let me see if I give a shit what a 6th grade math teacher in SoCal thinks he knows about me.

Nope. I checked. I don't give a fuck about your opinion.

Nice try at joining in and showing once again that the Save Larry From Himself Defense League is in tact.

Heh
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23802 on: February 04, 2022, 10:00:45 AM »

No, they would have grown up to lead the efforts for peace in the Middle East. One of them in particular would have grown up to be a key figure in the final resolution of the conflict between Islam and the west,ending to an end of all religious conflict.

Time to get a new act.

And retire this one.

Sad.
You get called a racist because you continually post racist things. I will continue to call you out for doing so. I realize the modern racist playbook is to attack the person pointing out the racism, and you will continue to use the only tool in what considering how huge a tool you are should be a very large shed.

Nope.

Attempting to continue to dismiss dissenting voices by accusing them of  being racist, especially without knowing really anything about them personally is the kneejerk response of the leftist wing of the Democratic party.

When the leftists can not corral the other Dems and the more sane members of their group into adopting and promoting their skewed views, they scream racist.

You do it more than anyone.

The only thing you demonstrate is your own intolerance and bigotry.

Try bullying someone else, Kuntzler.

Or maybe just STFU.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23803 on: February 04, 2022, 10:19:52 AM »

Time to get a new act.

And retire this one.

Sad.
You get called a racist because you continually post racist things. I will continue to call you out for doing so. I realize the modern racist playbook is to attack the person pointing out the racism, and you will continue to use the only tool in what considering how huge a tool you are should be a very large shed.

Nope.

Attempting to continue to dismiss dissenting voices by accusing them of  being racist, especially without knowing really anything about them personally is the kneejerk response of the leftist wing of the Democratic party.

When the leftists can not corral the other Dems and the more sane members of their group into adopting and promoting their skewed views, they scream racist.

You do it more than anyone.

The only thing you demonstrate is your own intolerance and bigotry.

Try bullying someone else, Kuntzler.

Or maybe just STFU.
You get called a racist because you post racist stuff, not because of some liberal plot to silence you. Do not want to be called a racist? Stop saying racist things.

Again, I get that the modern racist playbook is for racists to claim getting called out on their racism is somehow the bad part. It is not. Racism like yours needs to be identified and held up to the light for all to see it as it truly is. I will continue to do so when you merit it, Forrest.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23804 on: February 04, 2022, 10:59:42 AM »

Time and again...

practicing the rhetorical punch, parry, and kick of dog whistle racial jujitsu. Here are the basic moves: (1) punch racism into the conversation through references to culture, behavior, and class; (2) parry claims of race-baiting by insisting that absent a direct reference to biology or the use of a racial epithet, there can be no racism; (3) kick up the racial attack by calling any critics the real racists for mentioning race and thereby playing the race card.

Ian Haney Lopez, Dog Whistle Politics: How Coded Racial Appeals Have Reinvented Racism and Wrecked the Middle Class
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 11:05:49 AM by LarryBnDC »

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1585 1586 [1587] 1588 1589 ... 2742