Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1011 1012 [1013] 1014 1015 ... 1850

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 939500 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Bewitched & bewildered ...
« Reply #15180 on: December 05, 2020, 03:08:30 AM »

We part company on the bothered ...

KNIX TRIVIA:

Name the 4 ex-Knix in the Top 10 of most Career Minutes Played among Active NBA players.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #15181 on: December 05, 2020, 03:39:48 AM »

Well i'm already bothered we don't have Donovan Mitchell so i can't be really be too much MORE bothered whatever Frank or DSJ do.

With Knox I would be a little bothered.  But not like.... oh how did we miss Donovan Mitchell.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Bewitched & bewildered ...
« Reply #15182 on: December 05, 2020, 03:41:40 AM »

KNIX TRIVIA:

Name the 4 ex-Knix in the Top 10 of most Career Minutes Played among Active NBA players.

Carmelo has to be one of them.  Then i'll guess DRose, Trevor Ariza jr smith, and.... Jamal Crawford?  Tyson Chandler?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 04:18:24 AM by Kam »
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Bewitched & bewildered ...
« Reply #15183 on: December 05, 2020, 05:59:40 AM »

Carmelo has to be one of them.  Then i'll guess DRose,  Trevor Ariza jr smith, and.... Jamal Crawford?  Tyson Chandler?

You just struck out 2 guys who were right.
Fixed it for ya.

1.   LeBron James   48551
2.   Melo Anthony 40031
3.   Jamal Crawford 38994
4.   Andre Iguodala   37452
5.   Dwight Howard   37290
6.   Chris Paul           35558
7.   LaM Aldridge      34518
8.   Trevor Ariza   31650
9.   Ty Chandler   31617

If Pa Gasol comes back as a Laker, then bump everybody but LeBJ down one place.

I was surprised to see Craw so high, and Trev in 8th.
Ariza is also a trivia answer for the player most traded, though he still has a few teams to go to be first for most teams played for.
Ariza a nice long productive career, especially for a 2nd rounder. Too bad Larry Brown didn't want him shooting the ball.

Knix never seem to draft a player and have him stay 7-10 years.
Wonder who was the last drafted Knick to play for the team for 7 years?
I guess institutional knowledge is deemed less important when you have a new coach every 2 years ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
Mourning In America?
« Reply #15184 on: December 05, 2020, 08:28:11 AM »

While we are surely moved by the life of a 20 year old woman being snuffed out before she even had a chance to live...

Would it be unkind to point out that her employer profitted substantially from insider trading information she was privy to as a US Senator about the severity of the uncoming pandemic.

And that our narcisstic sociopath in chief continues to diddle about in his refusal to acknowledge reality, while propigating wackamole conspiracy theories, turning viciously on members of his own party, refusing to consul his "followers" to eschew violence towards those he has targetted as enemies of the people, and completely abdicating any semblance of leadership in battling a pandemic he helped propigate. 

So, while we are mourning a solitary 20 year old, how about some compassion and outreach to the friends and families of 280,000 DEAD AMERICANS

PS: Minny center Karl Anthony Towns has not only lost his mother to COVID, but apparently SEVEN OTHER MEMBERS OF HIS IMMEDIATE FAMILY. 

PPS: Anyone who has the chutzpah to pretend that Mister Trump has any baseline competence let along vestigual sub atomic particles of  rudimentary compassion and empathy, is beyond contempt. 

PPPS: Typical of this knuckle dragging, egotistical GRIFTER, is that on the way out the door, Trumpty Dumpty, under the pretext of a Legal Fund to root out election fraud, has scammed his followers out of upwards of $200,000,000 in contributions, 75% of which go directly into his coffers. 

« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 08:31:04 AM by chipstern »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15185 on: December 05, 2020, 09:54:40 AM »

wait? what? when did he lose the Trump has the best dick I ever sucked closing para? I hadn't even noticed!

*** guess it is kind of embarrassing to keep posting that after your man loses by 7 f'ing million votes

Moderator - please eliminate this post - thanks
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15186 on: December 05, 2020, 09:58:44 AM »

So, while we are mourning a solitary 20 year old, how about some compassion and outreach to the friends and families of 280,000 DEAD AMERICANS?

Room for both.

And I am in that group, of course.  As are most of us.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15187 on: December 05, 2020, 10:03:02 AM »

I haven't given up on knox and franc but I don't put too much stock into either one.

If one of DSJ/Frank/Knox pans out this year I will be happy.   

If all three flame out I won't be surprised or even too bothered.

Cool.  You are thinking clearly

I think there is some room within your "pans out" for contribution.  I just dont see Frank minutes - ditto Knox, though hot shooters earn time.

Smith is a necessary "lets see what he's got early on" minutes provider because of the juice in his game.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 10:18:50 AM by kidcarter8 »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15188 on: December 05, 2020, 10:11:21 AM »

Chip - do you think NBA players should be held accountable when they act irresponsibly and get COVID?

You can't fight human nature outside of a bubble
Unfortunate fact: During this offseason, sources say, several NBA players located in cities with severe limitations have flown to NBA cities with few.

Bars and clubs, it was explained, aren't closed everywhere, and so it's no wonder that nearly 50 players tested positive between Nov. 24-30.

It wasn't just the bubble that prevented this in Orlando. It was the team leaders within it. A guy like, say, LeBron James could keep an eye on his teammates in Orlando and make sure they were all on the same page about staying cautious and staying cleared to play.

That won't be true, or as true, during a regular season in the real world. So, again: Expect many positive COVID-19 tests and resulting problems.

Fines?  Suspensions?

Lets hear some answers beyond "Trump sucks".

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15189 on: December 05, 2020, 10:24:56 AM »

Knox and Frank are on the clock.  The 2021 draft is loaded and we have our pick, the Dallas pick, and two second rounders (Charlotte and Detroit). 

Philly gets the Knick own 2nd rounder.  I believe this was a Travis Outlaw trade from 2015.

And FOUR Kentucky guys in the top 30

Team Wildcat rides!

https://www.sbnation.com/2020/11/19/21567033/nba-mock-draft-2021-cade-cunningham-jalen-green-evan-mobley

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15190 on: December 05, 2020, 11:52:55 AM »

wait? what? when did he lose the Trump has the best dick I ever sucked closing para? I hadn't even noticed!

*** guess it is kind of embarrassing to keep posting that after your man loses by 7 f'ing million votes

heh
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15191 on: December 05, 2020, 12:37:00 PM »

heh

Poor Kiid gets enough of this sentiment every time he passes a mirror. It’s wracking him with endless self recriminations.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15192 on: December 05, 2020, 12:47:31 PM »

None of our other guards have the skills, physicality, and understanding of the game to compete with Burks, Barrett, Payton, or Frank. Those four will crush all comers in camp and earn the vast bulk of the minutes. Rivers is probably the next best, looking at a role comparable to what he had with the Rockets.

Knox’s best path to minutes is to beat out Bullock & MKG.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15193 on: December 05, 2020, 03:49:46 PM »

Not sure it's a matter of beating out...

Just have to be productive to be useable unlike some other years.

Productive for Knox means POINTS, means making shots.

So..

Let's use points per 36 and say it needs to be 16-20.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15194 on: December 05, 2020, 03:54:40 PM »

Not getting dusted, not getting in other players’ way, not zoning out at all ever, cutting hard, getting his body into people will get Knox a spot if he can do it on or above an MKG level. Scoring would be nice, efficient scoring would be even better.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1011 1012 [1013] 1014 1015 ... 1850