Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 683 684 [685] 686 687 ... 1852

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1019933 times)

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Thanks Chip
« Reply #10260 on: January 14, 2020, 05:05:38 PM »

Now I feel better.

As for the drubbing tonight, I’ll probably switch to the dem. debate after contemplating one hour of beat-down by Giannis & Co. Afraid he didn’t catch the flu, as I was hoping for.

PS. Trading for Drummond just as crazy, if not more, than trading for CP3. Nervous about what perrymills may do. First, I don’t want him on my team. Second, if they do, like BoZ said, wait for free agency.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
As Things Presently Stand...EMBRACE THE PAIN
« Reply #10261 on: January 14, 2020, 06:39:15 PM »

I like the Julius Randle signing, and the arc of his improvement.  He is a solid presence, good for 20-10-5 on many a night. 

[Some beg to differ

We got LUCKY with Marcus Morris.  Blossomed into another level with an opportunity to lead.  Snarky and can hit the trey.

[Cash him in]

Taj

[Can one truly ever have too many good undersized center/forwards?]

Reggie Bullock is tied up for two years at like 4.5.  He plays D and can really hit the trey. 

[No comments?]

Otherwise?

Our PG Scrum?

Wish Elfrid could hit from outside, but like his court vision and D. 

Wish Frankie could build on his growth with consistency, but appreciate his defense and his evolution as a facilitator, as in his hook-up with Mitchell (only 21, folks).

Dennis?  I don't know what to say.  Loved his penetration and aggression last season.  Jinxed this year, and still not Mister Dependable from outside or the FT line.  Can't shake the feeling that if we jettison him, he will blossom from afar, and haunt us in Garden visits. 

Kadeem Allen.  Color me crazy, but I like him best.  Can create his own offense, and every time he has been given some daylight, he has delivered.  He and Elfrid made for a nice platoon against Miami. 

Elfrid, Frankie, Dennis, Kadeem.  So...who stays and who goes?  PS: Fuck Chris Paul

RJ.  Has the makings of a really good wing.  Every time he crashes and burns, he comes back with more determination.  Yes, those were two big FTs he clanged at crunch time, but he got to the line ten times (impressive), drained eight (as one would hope for someone capable of getting to the stripe ten times a game), and set a really aggressive tone from the opening bell against a team with some tough wings of their own.  Clyde & Wally suggest the mechanics of his shooting are pure, but both feel he is  just looking for confidence and consistency.  Character Person & A Fierce COMPETITOR. 

Kevin.  Like RJ, searching for consistency.  Was proud of his game, coming off the pine for Reggie, and showing more in his offensive quiver than just a spot up J.  More focused on D, and getting boards.  Love his athleticism.  Let's see him do it again.  AND AGAIN. 

Mitchell?  Feast or Famine.  Offers nuclear impact or takes himself out of the game with tadpole mistakes.  I like the idea of him and Kenny Wooten going at it in practice.  Two rim-protector/rim-rockers with strong defensive potential. 

Facil & BoD's Neighborhood:  Portis, Ellington, Dotson, Trier, a PG...another PG.  All possible pieces in possible transactions.  I like Bobby Portis.  His D and mental focus tends to wander, but he competes hard if not always smart, and seems like every third game lights it up from trey.  Would like to keep him, but he could make sense for some team looking for depth in a stretch four. 

Not sure what is on the horizon, deal wise, but would expect the Knicks to do something. 

No, Kiid, I would not be tossing around the Dallas picks.  Probably mid first rounders at best, but you never know.  Luca looks like the Second Coming, and KP solid when he's on the court, but how often is he not on the court. 

The draft this summer? 

Edwards.

Ball.

Edwards projected as a really tough talented combo guard, a la Donovan Mitchell. 

Ball?  Kiid swears by him.  Remains to be seen.  His fucking father concerns me. 

At #3 NBA Draft.Net as center Wiseman dropping to us.  That would be a nice platoon, and he might have the makings of an Anthony Davis Stretch 4-5. 

Who

FUCKING

Knows

?

I am hoping Scott & Steve don't get too fucking ambitious before the deadline.  Drummond?  What if we end up with Robinson AND Wiseman?  In any event.  WAIT UNTIL FREE AGENCY.  Chris Paul.  Sweet Merciful Jesus...NO. 

We do need to kind of thin out the herd don't we.  I really like Dotson and Trier, but both seem redundant in light of Barrett and Bullock.  And remains to be seen if Knicks project Frank as a sixth man/off guard/3& D wing.  Has the D, what of the 3? 

Our roster is such a fucking make it up as you go mish mosh. 

We all want some sense of...balance...stability...coherence. 

As if we had...A FUCKING PLAN. 

I hesitate to say...PATIENCE, as I can recall saying that with some regularity for 20 fucking years. 

What I MOST DEFINITELY DO NOT WANT, is to freak out and trade draft picks, or go for quick fixes.  If we had a more coherent roster, and a clearer idea of what we look like moving forward, someone like Chris Paul would seem like less of a fucking reach, an act of desperation at the sight of a shiny object.  Still a very fine player, and while whistling in the graveyard, well past his salad daze.  Chauncey Billups anyone? 

Anyway, bring on the Bucks and EMBRACE THE FUCKING PAIN.

To Be A Knicks Fan Is To Suffer.  Take your beatdowns like a man...AND GIVE SOME BACK. 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 06:43:31 PM by chipstern »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #10262 on: January 14, 2020, 07:14:38 PM »

I wouldn't say I swear by LaMelo Ball.

And Lavar's fingers have been out of the pie

Enjoy the game.  Must contain Donte.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10263 on: January 14, 2020, 07:29:11 PM »

NETS need a statement win to start believing again.  Utah at home tonight
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #10264 on: January 14, 2020, 08:40:30 PM »

I wouldn't say I swear by LaMelo Ball.

And Lavar's fingers have been out of the pie

Enjoy the game.  Must contain Donte.

Heh.

Get a grip.

Giannis and Bledsoe...maybe.

chipstern

• View Profile
Dante's Inferno
« Reply #10265 on: January 14, 2020, 09:51:30 PM »

OK, Dante is nice.

But, really...

GIANNIS 

MVP

I mean, really. 

Down 32 entering the 4th quarter.

How'd Breen put it? 

"Knicks are getting bludgeoned."
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 09:55:17 PM by chipstern »

FWK00

• View Profile
Re: As Things Presently Stand...EMBRACE THE PAIN
« Reply #10266 on: January 14, 2020, 10:54:08 PM »

I like the Julius Randle signing, and the arc of his improvement.  He is a solid presence, good for 20-10-5 on many a night. 

[Some beg to differ]

[/quote}

Okay.  That's my que.  I beg to differ.  It's nice that Randle is playing more respectably but he's simply not a building block.  No charisma, limited talent, and certainly not worth getting sentimental about.

Does it matter if we keep him for the season?  Well, yeah.  We can lose without him giving someone else those minutes - say, Gibson - worst case.

We got LUCKY with Marcus Morris.  Blossomed into another level with an opportunity to lead.  Snarky and can hit the trey.

[Cash him in]

No.  Not unless its an outstanding deal.  He's a Knick.  He's got charisma, plays hard, loves the Garden... AND... AND... AND.... delivers.

What can you cash him in for that gives you fair trade?  Better be damned good.

-snip-

Reggie Bullock is tied up for two years at like 4.5.  He plays D and can really hit the trey. 

[No comments?]

A bubble player.  Won't last the summer.

Otherwise?

Our PG Scrum?

Wish Elfrid could -snip- Wish Frankie could -snip-

Dennis?  I don't know what to say.  Loved his penetration and aggression last season.  Jinxed this year, and still not Mister Dependable from outside or the FT line.  Can't shake the feeling that if we jettison him, he will blossom from afar, and haunt us in Garden visits. 

Kadeem Allen.  Color me crazy, but I like him best.  Can create his own offense, and every time he has been given some daylight, he has delivered.  He and Elfrid made for a nice platoon against Miami. 

Elfrid, Frankie, Dennis, Kadeem.  So...who stays and who goes?  PS: Fuck Chris Paul

IMO, Frankie's the keeper.  DSJ most disposable.

RJ.  Has the makings of a really good wing.  -snip-  Character Person & A Fierce COMPETITOR. 

Kevin.  Like RJ, searching for consistency.  Was proud of his game, coming off the pine for Reggie, and showing more in his offensive quiver than just a spot up J.  More focused on D, and getting boards.  Love his athleticism.  Let's see him do it again.  AND AGAIN. 

Mitchell?  Feast or Famine.  Offers nuclear impact or takes himself out of the game with tadpole mistakes.  I like the idea of him and Kenny Wooten going at it in practice.  Two rim-protector/rim-rockers with strong defensive potential. 

Kevin is the most valuable, most replaceable asset.  Could go either way.

Facil & BoD's Neighborhood:  Portis, Ellington, Dotson, Trier, a PG...another PG.  All possible pieces in possible transactions. 

I'd trade Knox before Dotson or Trier though any one of them could/should be traded assuming the return warrants the risk.

Not sure what is on the horizon, deal wise, but would expect the Knicks to do something. 

No, Kiid, I would not be tossing around the Dallas picks.  Probably mid first rounders at best, but you never know.

-snip-

Who

FUCKING

Knows

?

I am hoping Scott & Steve don't get too fucking ambitious before the deadline. 

No. They should continue to be ambitious and follow through with their plan which was to keep the worthwhile summer signees and clear out the rest one way or another.

Drummond?  What if we end up with Robinson AND Wiseman?  In any event.  WAIT UNTIL FREE AGENCY.  Chris Paul.  Sweet Merciful Jesus...NO. 

We do need to kind of thin out the herd don't we.  I really like Dotson and Trier, but both seem redundant in light of Barrett and Bullock.  And remains to be seen if Knicks project Frank as a sixth man/off guard/3& D wing.  Has the D, what of the 3? 

Our roster is such a fucking make it up as you go mish mosh. 

We all want some sense of...balance...stability...coherence. 

As if we had...A FUCKING PLAN. 

I hesitate to say...PATIENCE, as I can recall saying that with some regularity for 20 fucking years. 

What I MOST DEFINITELY DO NOT WANT, is to freak out and trade draft picks, or go for quick fixes.  If we had a more coherent roster, and a clearer idea of what we look like moving forward, someone like Chris Paul would seem like less of a fucking reach, an act of desperation at the sight of a shiny object.  Still a very fine player, and while whistling in the graveyard, well past his salad daze.  Chauncey Billups anyone? 

-snip-

Right, no quick fixes.  *Continuous improvement*

I'm okay with Drummond - go get Drummond and Kennard and clear some roster clutter.  Portis, Ellington, [Trier or a Dallas FRP].  Drummond is an NBA talent.  He gives MR and Wooten time to mature.  Time to sit when they're outmatched.

Yes to Drummond.

Go get Kuzma.

What's Portland need?  Go get Simons or Little.  Let Knox go if we have to.  Let a Dallas pick go if we have to.

Yes. Go get some talent ever so slightly more mature than our existing mix.

Ratchet up the talent.  We can't win standing still.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 10:56:00 PM by FWK00 »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10267 on: January 14, 2020, 11:49:46 PM »

It’s a kind of sell high moment for Portis. What can we get?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Sell high
« Reply #10268 on: January 15, 2020, 01:32:39 AM »

A bag o beans? 😳
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10269 on: January 15, 2020, 02:34:36 AM »

If not CP3, find another starting PG.
Knix are not going to perform well or develop our yute properly until we have solid consistent PG play.  And we can use his leadership (especially if Morris leaves).  2 years. 

Sure CP3's salary is fairly ridiculous and he's an injury risk and old.  But that's why he's available.  And if he misses 20 games a year, that's just an op for Franc/Smith/Elf/whoever to step up.  We're not planning to win too much, just stabilize and try to get to .500 next year -- which would likely mean playoff experience for Knox, Barrett, Franc, Mitch.  And respectability.  CP3 = a chance at decent competitiveness and respectability, focus and more focused development.

But it would be a mistake to trade Randle without pretty good assurance that Morris will re-sign.  One thing about trading Morris is you know you still have Randle under contract.  Morris plays better D, is more versatile (a combo F really), stretches the floor, and appears more of a leader than Randle.  Unfortunately older and it might be contract-infused this year.  Randle a workhorse but has been tasked with too much this year.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10270 on: January 15, 2020, 02:39:42 AM »

Otherwise, our bench shot a woeful 3-20 on 3's.
Why is Bullock starting?
I guess for some D and outside shooting.
Which underscores how desperate we are for both.
I guess it's just temporary until MaMo returns, so i should probably shut up.  But Bullock is an effort guy, but erratic and mistake-prone. 

Randle & Morris the only legit starters on our roster.
Kadeem has been refreshing. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10271 on: January 15, 2020, 03:13:09 AM »

Bullock is still getting his legs and rythym, but it looked better when Reg was backing up RJ and if Knox can keep his mojo together backing up Morris, we’ll be pretty set at the wings.

I didn’t see Payton’s ejection.

Lets hope for a better showing against Phoenix on Thursday.

Nyets got thumped by the Jazz.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10272 on: January 15, 2020, 10:51:35 AM »

Totally get the CP3 want.

The idea is sound, help us move forward much like Rubio helped the Suns make a needed next step out of mess.

That worked, this probably would too, to some degree. Important to begin playing real basketball, particularly if we plan to keep Julius. Begin ironing out the "unfortunate" aspects of his game and shape it in the context of something better.
The $$ are ridiculous for the age & probable career prognosis, of course, but just two years going forward. Who cares about saving Dolan bucks? And it's not like any top dogs want to come here anyway.

But.....I would still prefer to avoid any deep action until season's end when presumably we have a new brain trust with brain. Give 'em a cleanish kind of slate. Yes, there's an opportunity cost. Can live with it.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 10:54:39 AM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10273 on: January 15, 2020, 01:07:42 PM »

Stealing Randle's points as Julius sits in 4th quarters where we trail heavily.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10274 on: January 15, 2020, 01:09:59 PM »

If not CP3, find another starting PG.

Quite a few in the draft

Problem is looking for one in trade or free agency
Pages: 1 ... 683 684 [685] 686 687 ... 1852