Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 698 699 [700] 701 702 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 900225 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #10485 on: January 21, 2020, 04:30:12 PM »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10486 on: January 21, 2020, 04:31:18 PM »

How can we miss LaVar if he won't go away?

Which is the pest?  You or him?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #10487 on: January 21, 2020, 04:34:27 PM »

He's my role model. 
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10488 on: January 21, 2020, 05:17:34 PM »

At least around here, your primacy at pestilence distribution is not being challenged.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Chico
« Reply #10489 on: January 21, 2020, 06:39:49 PM »

At least around here, your primacy at pestilence distribution is not being challenged.

Good one Fac!
😁😅😂🤣
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10490 on: January 22, 2020, 03:04:35 AM »

Dwight Powell suffered a season-ending torn right Achilles

Tough break for the Mavs.
Maxi Kleber will get an op to step up.
Can Justin Jax play.
He did fairly all right for DAL after a midseason trade.  But not much this year.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10491 on: January 22, 2020, 03:57:21 AM »

Yeah. Sucks for Powell. The Mavs should have grabbed Chriss when he was available, as the Knicks should have. Knowing the Mavs, they’ll pull someone out the G (glad we locked up Wooten when we did) or Lithuania or somewhere. Maybe they go Boban & KP up front.

It’s time bring a knife to a gunfight as the Lakers roll through.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10492 on: January 22, 2020, 04:49:24 AM »

Portis and Ellington for Delon Wright & Courtney Lee.

Delon is the player here with implications past this year with a deal that never reaches 10 mil. He’s 27, plays D, hits his shots, is long, athletic, and has played his career behind really good guards on good teams with good coaches.

Mavs could really use Portis now. Brunson & young Scurry can run things When Luca gets rest. They’ll have an option on Bobby next year which they might even want to pick up.

The other side of this for us is buying out Lee & promoting Tony Wooten to fill Portis’ role. We haven’t had an available big we haven’t used in a game all year even though a number of guards always languish.

Post trade roster with Lee bought out and Wooten brought on

Taj Mitch
Randle Knox Wooten
Morris Dotson Iggy
Barrett Bullock Zo
Delon Payton Frank Smith

It would be nice to move Smith as well, but I don’t think Dallas is looking to bring him back.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 05:04:43 AM by facilitatorn »

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10493 on: January 22, 2020, 07:44:12 AM »

It's an idea.  But I don't think either team does it.

First off, DAL wasn't going far in the playoffs this year even if KZ and Powell had full health.  They were likely the 6th best West team.  And KZ is still getting his legs and shot together.

They have a deep team and very good coach.  So Next Man UP.  Kleber has been playing the same number of minutes and providing the same boards and scoring as Powell.  His D isn't as good as Powell's, but he can knock down 3's.  So boom Kleber steps in and they just need to back him up.  Give Maxi a few extra mins.  Go some smallball with Funky-Smith and Just Jax at PF.  It's not even much of small ball since Luca is a  6'7" 230 PG.
There other German, Broekhoff is due back from injury soon.  he's 29 and shoots 3's well.  No Powell, will give him an opp once he's back.

Scurry, Brunson, Delon, Barea.  Hell, they could dust off Courtly. Otherwise, more Boban is never a bad thing, in the right situations.  Some teams flat-out can't handle him.  A deep team.  No need to panic.  Or take on middling Knix.

Really, I think Kleber is a better player than Bobby "Mr. Consistent" Portis.  I wouldn't lose Delon's D for Portis' every 3rd game scoring. 

Knickwise, Delon would be another backup PG on our roster.  That'd make 4, all of whom can't make a 3.  Elf, Delon, Franc, Jr. Smith.  Where we going with that?

I don't think DAL has an emergency or Knix are trading for another backup PG. 
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 07:50:40 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10494 on: January 22, 2020, 09:03:07 AM »

Portis and Ellington for Delon Wright & Courtney Lee.

Delon is the player here with implications past this year with a deal that never reaches 10 mil. He’s 27, plays D, hits his shots, is long, athletic, and has played his career behind really good guards on good teams with good coaches.

Mavs could really use Portis now. Brunson & young Scurry can run things When Luca gets rest. They’ll have an option on Bobby next year which they might even want to pick up.

The other side of this for us is buying out Lee & promoting Tony Wooten to fill Portis’ role. We haven’t had an available big we haven’t used in a game all year even though a number of guards always languish.

Post trade roster with Lee bought out and Wooten brought on

Taj Mitch
Randle Knox Wooten
Morris Dotson Iggy
Barrett Bullock Zo
Delon Payton Frank Smith

It would be nice to move Smith as well, but I don’t think Dallas is looking to bring him back.

I'd be looking to send them Morris.  Portis doesnt do what Powell does

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10495 on: January 22, 2020, 09:04:23 AM »

Neither does Kleber

Dallas WILL make a move.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10496 on: January 22, 2020, 09:36:55 AM »

I don't think DAL has an emergency or Knix are trading for another backup PG.

I think you need a second look at Wright.  Nice player - and plays three positions.  Would they give him up, even for Morris?  Don't know

In dealing Morris to Dallas, Knicks would need to decide whether they want DeLon's 9 mil against next year's cap or if they prefer Lee's ending deal.

Finney-Smith at 4 mil moving forward is another guy to consider.  Other younger guys (Roby for instance) are filler.

Worth a look if it's Morris - or even GIBSON as main guy going (Gibson, Dotson for Lee, Roby and a second round pick - something like that)

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10497 on: January 22, 2020, 09:56:23 AM »

Delon's done well for them.  Fills a role.  Often finishes games.  Still can't shoot and gets 20 mins a night. 
You project Delon as a starter?
I see him now as akin to Elf.
Basically he's Franc at age 27.

Delon is more valuable to DAL than us.
They don't have another G defender.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10498 on: January 22, 2020, 10:08:38 AM »

Nah.... not likely a starter for us in '20-'21, especially not if we draft LaMelo or another deserving 1-3.

I said we have to decide what his 9 mil looks like on our cap.

But could he start?  This year, with Morris going in the deal?  Or next year, at PG if we fail to add one?  Sure.

Do you want Wright's 9 mil or Payton's 8 running your team - say if we draft a big in round 1?

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10499 on: January 22, 2020, 01:37:08 PM »

Do you want Wright's 9 mil or Payton's 8 running your team - say if we draft a big in round 1?

Neither, that's the issue.

If not planning to retain MaMo, need to flip him for more.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 698 699 [700] 701 702 ... 1844