Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 796 797 [798] 799 800 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 917644 times)

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Forum
« Reply #11955 on: May 05, 2020, 07:10:52 PM »

Haliburton at 6.  OK.  I will keep an open mind.

Are you taking Haliburton if we get lucky and move up to 4?

How about 3?

If there's an opportunity to trade down, still get your target, and acquire more assets then by all means do that.   
This isn't a draft with a clear cut Top 3 thus by picking in the top3 you may be reaching on whoever you pick.
Have to hope to find a team that will dance with you.  That's the hard part.

Why do you quote a question I addressed to someone else - and not even answer it?

Chico, this is a forum. Any question is addressed to everybody.

Now go ahead and build it a second time, stable genius.

PS. No to Paul unless we get picks in the deal.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 07:13:27 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #11956 on: May 05, 2020, 07:52:44 PM »

Julius for Paul straight up. Saves both teams millions in cap space, 19 for us if we kept Jules while taking Paul into space or 22.5 for them if the just hung on to Paul. It also gives OKC a backup or replacement for Gallo.

The hardball offer is us getting to include DSJ. This should be our opening offer which saves us 24 and them 17 with DSJ taken into account. 

Even if the cap drops, cutting Ellington can give us room to do it.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 08:03:50 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11957 on: May 05, 2020, 08:19:41 PM »

Good game on Big Ten Network

From January 1987

The original Jimmer - Steve Alford and Keith Smart taking on Bill Frieder's Michigan, with Vaught, Jobert, Rice, Grant.......

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #11958 on: May 05, 2020, 09:31:16 PM »

Haliburton at 6.  OK.  I will keep an open mind.

Are you taking Haliburton if we get lucky and move up to 4?

How about 3?

If there's an opportunity to trade down, still get your target, and acquire more assets then by all means do that.   
This isn't a draft with a clear cut Top 3 thus by picking in the top3 you may be reaching on whoever you pick.
Have to hope to find a team that will dance with you.  That's the hard part.

Why do you quote a question I addressed to someone else - and not even answer it?

Use the quote function if you're addressing a particular poster.   The answer is there if you can comprehend it.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #11959 on: May 05, 2020, 10:13:45 PM »

Kam, in response to your substantive response to our least conversationally fluent and socially graceful poster, I’d say even with no combine and no face to face visits (they could set those up like a prison visitation, two rooms separated by a window wired for sound) teams have a lot more info and tools to dissect it on every player in this draft than any team did on any player ten to fifteen years ago. There isn’t the kill or be killed pressure of the tourney on record for any freshmen or players like Toppin and Flynn who seemed on their way to having that kind of year, but as things stand, teams would be able to both sort player into tiers and have a sense of the distance between tiers.

If there are one or two guys left before you hit a cliff in your perceived value grades, stay put and take the pick. If there are four or more before the next big drop, see if someone at the bottom of that range behind you wants to trade up.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #11960 on: May 06, 2020, 01:29:24 AM »

It’s also good to decide where you value these prospects compared to active players around the league as potential swaps can include more than just picks and cash. There’s a large roster of current players, including third and fourth options on their current teams for whom I’d trade entirely out of this draft.

I’d guess Kiid would trade our top pick for Zo Ball if his brother was already off the board when we got the offer regardless of who else was left in the draft. I myself might be with him on that.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 01:32:04 AM by facilitatorn »

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Randle
« Reply #11961 on: May 06, 2020, 01:50:41 AM »

Most lottery picks these days are not one position guys.
Cant play Toppin with Randle?  Sez who?

But Randle is a 1-position guy.
Which reduces lineup flexibility.
Where do you play Toppin?  SF?  C?  Randle at C?
Sounds like we'd be totally roasted on D.
Not good. 
Sez Bo.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
Trader Vics
« Reply #11962 on: May 06, 2020, 12:21:49 PM »

Still trading Randle?

Still going all in for Chris Paul?

SIGH

PS: Would the Pelicans accept our #1 for THEIR Ball[er]?  Holiday is only 29. 

PPS: Would we be ready to accept Oakley Light [LaVar Ball] as part of that package.

PPPS: Ball is a first rate passer and facilitator...GIVEN.  And his court vision extends to defense.  He dramatically improved his three point shooting last season, but he is AN ASTONISHINGLY Poor FT Shooter, on a Chris Dudley level of incontinence (well, a step up, but that doesn't say very much), nor does he get to the stripe very often (Frank, 51-58 in 1187 minutes, Lonzo 38-67 in 1817 minutes). 

PPPPS: Would I pull the trigger?  No.  I'd draft Haliburton or Anthony and call it a day. 

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #11963 on: May 06, 2020, 09:36:09 PM »

Halliburton I’m convinced will be bullied through most if not all of his rookie contract, both in terms of bumps on both ends and from quicker defenders getting right up into him knowing he can’t blow by. Is he as nice as Sean Livingston (and he can stay healthier than a young Sean Livingston)? If he is,he’s well worth it. He just well may be that nice, but there is still the injury concern.

Having DSJ, I find drafting Cole Anthony completely redundant.

Ball
Edwards
Okongwu
Hayes
Toppin
Advija
Precious Achiuwa
Sadiq Bey
Vassell
Okoro
Halliburton
Oturu
Quickley
Azubuike
Tyler Bey

That is the top 15 on my big board in order. The drops are after 4, 8, 12, making four tiers. Players given 1-4 I value the same. Players 5-8 I value the same. Players 9-12 I value the same and hold equivalent players 13-15.

That’s the framework by which I’d consider offers to move up or down.

Carey might clock in at 16. He is a big boy.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 09:46:29 PM by facilitatorn »

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11964 on: May 06, 2020, 09:58:48 PM »

We have Smith one more year

Anthony we get for 4 plus.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #11965 on: May 06, 2020, 10:11:19 PM »

Halliburton I’m convinced will be bullied through most if not all of his rookie contract, both in terms of bumps on both ends and from quicker defenders getting right up into him knowing he can’t blow by. Is he as nice as Sean Livingston (and he can stay healthier than a young Sean Livingston)? If he is,he’s well worth it. He just well may be that nice, but there is still the injury concern.

Ball
Edwards
Okongwu
Hayes
Toppin
Advija
Precious Achiuwa
Sadiq Bey
Vassell
Okoro
Halliburton
Oturu
Quickley
Azubuike
Tyler Bey

That is the top 15 on my big board in order. The drops are after 4, 8, 12, making four tiers. Players given 1-4 I value the same. Players 5-8 I value the same. Players 9-12 I value the same and hold equivalent players 13-15.

That’s the framework by which I’d consider offers to move up or down.

Carey might clock in at 16. He is a big boy.

Is your board based on Knicks need? Or how you feel the players are truly ranked?
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11966 on: May 06, 2020, 10:54:41 PM »

I like the tiers idea.

Re:  Carey at 16 - I wont quibble - I am ok with being higher on him than most.  I'd love to see what these mock-makers feel are his negatives.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #11967 on: May 07, 2020, 12:59:08 AM »

I didn't find Cole A too exciting, admittedly on a limited look and I'm not comfortable evaluating these newfangled small gunner types.

But Cole is a shooter with range, Jr. Smith can't hit from outside.  Seems rather different players.  Plus it's possible that Jr. Smith is useless.  He could still get it together, but he was very much de-mojo-ed last year.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
Gile GOAT Boy
« Reply #11968 on: May 07, 2020, 03:49:09 AM »

As for the C glut I've been talking about, which will impact what Mitch earns:
https://news.yahoo.com/breaking-down-the-nba-freeagent-center-market-212748528.html
They list 30 FA Centers.  A few are restricted, some old, inside and outside types.
But 30 FA C's!

This is interesting:
Harry Giles

The Kings blew it when they declined their fourth-year rookie-scale team option on Giles. Now, Sacramento is capped at paying him just $3.9 million (the equivalent to his fourth-year option). That’s a number that other teams can, and likely will, beat easily. Giles has had health issues, but no available center offers his mix of youth, scoring, rebounding and passing. Multiple teams would do well to offer Giles a large chunk of the Mid-Level Exception and any team would be happy with the production it gets for the next few years.

Fits with: Knicks, Hornets, Pistons, Mavericks, Warriors, Celtics, Clippers

Why not take a chance on this young feller?
Hell, Knix still paying Noah $6M a year.
Giles has a lot of physical tools.  SAC had a frontcourt glut, and Giles had some injuries.  The guy could bloom and be a force.  I'd roll the dice for 3/$20M or somesuch.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #11969 on: May 07, 2020, 04:38:05 AM »

Kam this is my list based on BPA order minus some guys with serious red flags. There may be some teams who could develop players through these issues, but this I looked at through a Knicks perspective. We are very young already and with both the plague issues and the ascension of Leon Rose I rejected those players regardless of their talent. Wiseman and Anthony will surely be picked before most guys on that list. But I’m putting more lean on the high floor than the high ceiling.

Maxey May have been overlooked, but I have no idea where to put him.

I don’t want DSJ next year. I don’t want two DSJ’s even more. I definitely don’t want 4 more years of what we’ve seen so far all the same.

Dennis defends only PGs and is high volume low efficiency shot taker. He doesn’t have a great track record of making other guys around him better. Anthony checks all those boxes as well, though Anthony I think is a more aware and better oriented defender. I think over time Anthony will become a decent enough PG to hang around. I’d rather keep DSJ and try to use him in a Lou Williams role than draft Anthony. Neither guy should play a minute ahead of Alonzo Trier on any team anywhere. They are super replaceable.

I got to go back and watch more tape on Carey. I would want to believe he’d be comfortable in a fast game and can defend a little in space.

By grit, guile, guts, or grace, guys who will lift the team even while they are learning the game is what I want. Being highly intelligent, opportunistic, and unselfish are prized traits. Where  I perceive that in the guys I’ve mentioned is related to my departures from the mocks that ive seen in ranking them.

FA class is much stronger in bigs than in guards or wings.

VanFleet, Dragic, Justin Holiday, and Alec Burks seem worth trying to talk to. I’d consider one of our exceptions for Reggie Jackson or Austin Rivers.

The two RFAs I’d risk (not wildly) overpaying by throwing them sheets are Christian Wood and Dillan Brooks.

The Harkless for Morris treade exception should easily net us a quality backup big.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 04:40:34 AM by facilitatorn »

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 796 797 [798] 799 800 ... 1848