Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 812 813 [814] 815 816 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 916666 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #12195 on: May 28, 2020, 05:45:45 PM »

And forget kiid's comment about athletes in their prime.  All it takes is for one color commentary guy or one towel handler/gatorade bringer to get sick and the whole enterprise is cast into risk.

READ THE PLAN.

No.  One player/camera guy/ broadcaster, referee testing positive will NOT shut down the enterprise.

READ MY POST.

I said it would cast the whole enterprise into risk not shut it down. 

You're like a baby sometimes.  The facts need to be spoon fed to you and you don't get most of it the first time.

I don't think they plan to put things on hold if and when someone tests positive. I think they'll keep playing through it since they will have no other choice.  People will get sick.  Those people will be quarantined, but the show will go on.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 05:50:27 PM by Kam »
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
heh
« Reply #12196 on: May 28, 2020, 06:39:51 PM »

I’d go Miller, Atkinson and NO THIBS.

heh

heh... WHAT?

Btw, if you quote try and quote the whole post, oh, you like to pick and choose like your master, heh

I’d go Miller, Atkinson and NO THIBS. Don’t like short rotations as a principle, ONLY when you need them.

MILLER! He earned it.

PS. What happened with grandma? You got tired of being mocked?

heh
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
400 or even 800 posts won't make it any less stupid.
« Reply #12197 on: May 28, 2020, 07:13:34 PM »

Why is 16 teams/400 players the magic # that would appease your need for safety?

My need?  Weird.

16 teams/400 people is still a fairly large number.
Hopefully they could figure out how to make that reasonably safe.

If they can figure out how to make 400 people safe, they can very easily make 800 people safe using the same methods.

This is not a very special task for any organization that specializes in managing 100s and thousands and tens of thousands.

400 v 800 is just stupid.

If 800 ain't safe then 400 ain't either and just put the Lakers and Clippers in a quarantined bubble for two weeks and have 'em bust it out.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 07:15:10 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12198 on: May 28, 2020, 08:10:07 PM »

The NBA looks like it’s backing off any concrete plan, with no consensus & nothing to vote on this week.

The fewer people there are the less risk involved. That seems clear.

16 teams is the smallest set the NBA can use and still pretend it’s continuing the season that ended when trump nuked the world through laziness and vanity.

The season was set for a regular season followed by a 16 team playoffs. Saying that the Corona Blunder ended the regular season and that what starts up will be the playoffs for that season is the cleanest way to do it while maintaining continuity through valuing the games already played.

5 & 6 are tied in each conference, so they can play one game for seeding with each of those pairs of teams to give it a test run and squeeze out a little extra basketball.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12199 on: May 28, 2020, 08:47:19 PM »

The season was set for a regular season followed by a 16 team playoffs. Saying that the Corona Blunder ended the regular season and that what starts up will be the playoffs for that season is the cleanest way to do it while maintaining continuity through valuing the games already played.

5 & 6 are tied in each conference, so they can play one game for seeding with each of those pairs of teams to give it a test run and squeeze out a little extra basketball.

not happening
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 09:02:22 PM by kiidcarter8 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12200 on: May 28, 2020, 09:01:06 PM »

Lillard is full of shit

"It would suck not to get in the playoffs because our thing was, we had fought ourselves back into position to get a spot," the 29-year-old guard continued. "We had our starting center and starting power forward coming back, so we had a lot to look forward to and for a great reason. Now, they're healthy and have extra time to train and rehab while everybody's rusty. So now, they won't be coming back as the only rusty players. And if everybody's rusty, we can come in here and beat everybody. I do feel like if we do come back and our mind is right, we can beat anyone.

Blazers had lost 8 of 12

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12201 on: May 28, 2020, 09:03:23 PM »

heh... WHAT?

heh, you're a moron

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #12202 on: May 28, 2020, 09:38:04 PM »

not happening

Better to skip straight to 2021 in the fall of 2021. There might even be a vaccine to distribute by then.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
heh
« Reply #12203 on: May 28, 2020, 10:13:00 PM »

heh... WHAT?

heh, you're a moron

Don't call other people what you are

heh

Chico killed grandma
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12204 on: May 28, 2020, 10:16:24 PM »

Better to skip straight to 2021 in the fall of 2021. There might even be a vaccine to distribute by then.

not a bad second alternative at all

We could draft late June

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12205 on: May 28, 2020, 10:18:56 PM »

READ MY POST.

I said it would cast the whole enterprise into risk not shut it down

ok

so we pretty much agree

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #12206 on: May 29, 2020, 12:07:13 AM »

I’m probably one of the more cautious and less optimistic here about resuming play, but that doesn’t stop me thinking about roster moves.

Im thinking it makes sense to make a run at Shabazz Napier. I think he can be had for 2/3-1/2 of what we’re paying Payton and is on the upswing coming into the sweet spot of his career.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 12:16:12 AM by facilitatorn »

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #12207 on: May 29, 2020, 12:08:03 AM »

Its not like 400 players is all there is.  You can't use the same refs for every game.  Can't make the same 5 camera guys do every game.  There's probably another pool of 200 ancillary bodies who don't ever log a statistic that are needed to make it work as NBA entertainment.  So your 400 number is already out the window.  400 players still means another (just a guess) 200+ bodies as overhead.

I don't have 400 players.
16 teams x 12 players = 192 players.
Add in your 200 ancillaries and voila 400.

Admittedly, 400 is just a guesstimate, but at least provides some parameter/guidelines for what we're talking, and seems a fair approximation.

I was thinking 3 coaches per team (3 x 16 = 48)
2 trainers, a medic, lockerroom guy, massage guy = best if a team can be limited to 5 extra personnel(?)  5 x 16 = 80.

So I have 20 people per team x 16 = 320.  19 would be 304.
Add in 100 ancillary.  And there's 400.
If they need 200 ancillary, you're close to 500.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #12208 on: May 29, 2020, 01:17:34 AM »

Since there's a lot of money at stake, I assume the NBA will rig something together and hold at least playoffs.  Tv money -- and ratings would be high since there isn't much live sports competition and not lots to do.  Players don't like having their salaries reduced due to games not played.  And it's unsatisfactory for all to simply not finish a season.

In a playoff-only scenario, once you get through the 1st round, then you're down to a pretty manageable 8 teams and 4 series.  It's really making sure that initial start, the 1st round goes off safely.  After that, just keep things sealed off as much as possible.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #12209 on: May 29, 2020, 03:23:29 AM »

They are better off waiting for a vaccine and an administration capable of distributing it.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 812 813 [814] 815 816 ... 1848