Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 968 969 [970] 971 972 ... 1854

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1086128 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #14535 on: November 20, 2020, 01:14:01 PM »

Not sure if you followed that, Bank - but my comment was regarding why Ainge might turn down Turner/McDermott
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14536 on: November 20, 2020, 01:15:58 PM »

I dont know if Turner is the answer but he could be, he's still young and the Celts could use a decent big.

The EXPENDITURE on Turner/McDermott is surely what is at issue

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #14537 on: November 20, 2020, 01:16:36 PM »

For all this talk about the Israeli Luka-lite, has anyone here really seen him play, or are your insights mostly derived from the internet and anonymous bloggers?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14538 on: November 20, 2020, 01:21:11 PM »

Celts are fairly cash-strapped for 2021-22 - already owing almost 80 mil to Brown, Smart and Walker before even adding Tatum's increased pact.

Would they want to tack on Turner's 18 mil?

https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/BOS.html

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #14539 on: November 20, 2020, 01:21:54 PM »

I dont know if Turner is the answer but he could be, he's still young and the Celts could use a decent big.

Players and salaries can be traded.

I assume the issue for the Celts is maintaining the ability to replace 34 million in Gordo salary if gordo is gone.

IMO the flexibility to be able to spend is probably more important than not being able to get over the cap once you've fallen underneath it.

Turner (whoever) is either a player or placeholder for a future player.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #14540 on: November 20, 2020, 01:23:13 PM »

So, what do we think - Hayward for Randle and our 2021 #1, top ten protected?

Would free up starter time for OBI

X
Barrett
Hayward
Toppin
X

3-85 for Gordo

Kiid

Hayward is an UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENT, and we have cap space to absorb him.

Only teams WITHOUT CAP SPACE would need to facilitate a sign & trade.  Hayward purportedly has a preference for his home state of Indiana.  The Pacers would need to match up salaries with the Celtics.  Hence the alleged Myles Turner/Doug McDermott offer, as their combined salaries check in at around $25 million. 

And there is no fucking way I offer him 28 million a year for three years.  Let alone give away our 2021 #1.  Are you fucking kidding me?  He is still a very fine player, with a good skill set, but 30 years old, and while coming off a good bounce back season, that broken leg he suffered took a yard or two off his fastball. 

If I were making anyone an offer, it would be Van Vleet, $20,000,000 x 4, though I suspect the Raptors top that without batting an eye. 

I do not buy into our "interest" in Westbrook.  We have coveted Bertans for a while, and he is a damn nice stretch 4, with one hell of a stroke, but we just drafted Toppin, who was hitting threes at just under a 40% clip lasy season, and Washington has the rights to match or exceed any offers as an RFA, unless somehow THAT became a sign and trade for Randle, and I am not as convinced as some that the Knicks are actively looking to unload Julius....blahblahblah....we shall see.  Also, silly me, I would rather give Portis 5 million than Bertans 20. 

Anyway, feeding frenzy kicks off at 6 tonight. 

PS: Hayward for 25-30 million?  No thanks.  Bogdonavich for 15-20 million?  That's more like it. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14541 on: November 20, 2020, 01:25:39 PM »

Teams that do not NEED to do sign and trades often DO in order to free up money

In the case I offered we would be getting out of Randle's pact in order to more easily afford Hayward - again reasoning that Toppin might be ready to fill Julius's minutes

Peace.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #14542 on: November 20, 2020, 01:30:09 PM »

Players and salaries can be traded.

I assume the issue for the Celts is maintaining the ability to replace 34 million in Gordo salary if gordo is gone.

IMO the flexibility to be able to spend is probably more important than not being able to get over the cap once you've fallen underneath it.

Turner (whoever) is either a player or placeholder for a future player.

Bank, Turner is down, but McDermott's 7 million comes off the books next summer. 

Turner would be a great pickup for the Celtics.  Williams could more naturally contribute at PF, and Kanter could back up at center.  And you'd still have that other cat at center, Pries is it, a nice player.  Turner has the best attributes of all the current Celtics bigs, with way more range on his jumper. 

And yes, I watched some clips of Devi on line, and he is a very skilled player...excellent passer, good defender, nice range.  He is NOT LUKA, but he is a smart, solid, team-oriented player. 

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #14543 on: November 20, 2020, 01:31:37 PM »

Teams that do not NEED to do sign and trades often DO in order to free up money

In the case I offered we would be getting out of Randle's pact in order to more easily afford Hayward - again reasoning that Toppin might be ready to fill Julius's minutes

Peace.

Understood.

But no reason to dangle our #1 for 2021, which is to my mind, a non-starter.   

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #14544 on: November 20, 2020, 01:34:24 PM »

Ed Davis is skinny, has Keon Clark legs.
That's why I was saying he's not a C.

I'd $18M Bogdanovich.
If we're not using that money on FVV.

Bogdan x 2 is what folks hope Ty Halliburton can become.

Btw, the TyH draft roller-coaster ride was interesting.
He went from being considered a combo G with an okay handle and good shooting numbers but an odd release.  A potential starter.  To being called an exceptional defender and elite passer and terrific shooter.  Presto, he was perhaps Top 5.  Potential all-star.  And then the hype settled down in the last week and he dropped to 12th.  I was debating Vassell or TyH, and the Spurs took Vassal (though could be because they have DeRozan and a hole at SF, but they like 3&D wings).

I don't know if his workouts were terrific or he just had a good agent/hype team.  But that was odd.  Hayes got hype for a week or two which then faded.  But nothing like TyH who sounded like two different players within a few weeks of himself.
I'm interested to see how late risers Pat Williams and Okoro look.  Both on funky team where they will get minutes.  Also, seeing how these second rounders do.  Lotta guys that went in Rd 2 could show out well.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14545 on: November 20, 2020, 01:38:32 PM »

Knicks are in GREAT shape with the cap right now - with that Hayward-Randle deal would be even better off

About 70 mil spent between Knox, Davis, Barrett, Frank, Mitch, DSJ, Bullock, OBI, Quickley and Hayward.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 01:45:35 PM by kidcarter8 »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14546 on: November 20, 2020, 01:46:41 PM »

R:;  seeing how 2nd rounders do

UNDRAFTEDS as well (we have just the one name thus far for Knicks camp)

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #14547 on: November 20, 2020, 02:05:53 PM »

I wouldn't be dropping 4 years or huge money on Haywire.
Nice player, getting older with an injury history.

I kept saying that the Celts should trade Haywood.  And everyone thought I was crazy.
Now might lose him for nothing.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14548 on: November 20, 2020, 02:09:11 PM »

When he was crippled?

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14549 on: November 20, 2020, 02:46:27 PM »

GH for three full years at 78 mil, if he wants it, surrendering no assets.

If we’re going to open our stash box, it should be to call New Orleans about their plethora of Guards.

Bledsoe, Lonzo, Hill, Alex-Walker, and now Kira is five deep at PG. any of the first 3, Bledsoe, Ball, or Hill would be a get for us.

What would Griffin want in exchange?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 968 969 [970] 971 972 ... 1854